World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And down goes Mal'Ganis. Ahh well.

This is actually kind of strange though. I'm leveling 5 toons at once. One toon is on Ravenholdt and he was the party leader and all 4 of my other toons were on his CRZ. Another toon is on Shadow Council, and the other 3 are on Mal'ganis. The Mal'ganis toons got kicked when Mal'ganis went down but the Ravenholdt and Shadow Council toons are fine and can log in no problem. It's weird that even though I was technically on a different server it still took my characters offline.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well I didn't have a whole lot of time to play tonight, but it seemed pretty smooth on Hyjal. A little lag at first but that was about all I experienced. The transition was pretty bad, log in and we are going all full on War fuck the Alliance, lets blow each other up while SSJ4 Jaina Proudmore is trying to get us to lets fighting love.

maxresdefault.jpg

After that Saurfang is acting all sad Keanu over stupid shit but we're still hyping up war. Then 10 minutes later I am in the middle of Troll Land Horde/Alliance war all but forgotten while I am out collecting Troll dicks, Crocodile scrotums and bear asses for Jobu. Oh well Wakanda forever I guess.

-SWXLRQZ_400x400.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I deliberately didn't go out and level just so that I'd know for a fact I was "behind" so that I wouldn't feel the need to rush at all. instead, I made a few hundred K flipping Rubellites on the AH. Sold the first couple for 50k each lol (5% xp gem). People are crazy.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
New zones are pretty, settings cranked up to 10 on 1440p monitor, everything looks great. Got drunk, time to pass out

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
people on EU reporting that they are not getting Heart of Azeroth. Amazing job by Blizz. The bug was reported several times during the beta and they were like, fuck it, it's not like it's an important quest or anything. The servers feel like they back during Cata release or something. I can't wait for the blue posts on mmo-c in a few weeks them praising themselves over an amazing launch

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
people on EU reporting that they are not getting Heart of Azeroth. Amazing job by Blizz. The bug was reported several times during the beta and they were like, fuck it, it's not like it's an important quest or anything. The servers feel like they back during Cata release or something. I can't wait for the blue posts on mmo-c in a few weeks them praising themselves over an amazing launch
In-game Issues
The Heart of Azeroth is Not in Inventory
Known Issue: We're aware of reports that the Heart of Azeroth is not being given to players automatically. Our Dev team is working on a hotfix to resolve this issue. If you have completed the quest The Heart of Azeroth and do not have your item, please contact Customer Support for assistance.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To be fair in the EU the first hour was terrible but then after that was okay, lots of lag espcially loot lag but for the most part apart from one server reboot I could play for 3-4 hours, and I play on the most populated EU server. Amazed there was 0 queues at anytime they must have changed something on the server side which might have caused so many problems in the first hour as every expnasion launch before you would get queues in 8-9k range and wait hours to get in.

Having not looked at any spoiler sites or played any beta I must say the first zone for horde I was not impressed with, the layout of it felt really bad I hate zones with so many different levels and the quests were rather dull the storyline was not pulling me in like the legions zones did

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am sure there are. I didn't expect us to have someone at 119 yet though.
When you posted that it was 4 hours after the first person hit 120.

I don't really race or see the point in it. Every time my friends race to the top end I end up at week 2 being the same ilvl and shit so I just don't see what the big deal is with racing to first. People put in hundreds of hours and millions of gold planning this shit. I must be old and crotchety or something because I just don't get it.

I logged in to Hyjal just fine at 6:15 or so. Played an hour and a half with no issues. I got a half a level. I'm a failure at life.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Zandalari Wakandans saying, "Zandalar Forever!" and calling the player, "Richmon" and Colonizer is.... a little heavy handed.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I was hoping after the cinematics and such were added and the zones were polished I would be more impressed.

I am not.

The layout of Borallus is just annoying, especially coming off the sublime elegance of having used Dalaran again. ( Again...there's a reason you fucks decided to recycle Dalaran for Legion and that's because it's amazing ). There's a lot of space that is just wasted and then everything you actually want is crammed into a 3D Tetris of buildings where you can't get where you want to go and where seeing who is who is almost impossible.

There's no logic at all to the whole thing as you can be standing in a 'food court' part of the market next to the large Pandaren cuisine setup with the obvious cooking accoutrements and looking at other food venders and be, in fact, no where near the guy who teaches cooking. I'm sure I will remember the locations and be able to navigate it in time, but it should be just blatantly obvious and it ain't.

I thought they might go SJW and have the obviously ugly overweight woman with dark eyeshadow that makes her look like Ursula the Witch's (as in the Little Mermaid) long lost cousin actually be a good person. Nope. Fat and ugly and darker complexion = evil. I actually can't wait to hear some people complain on that point...

Hopefully the actual zone content is meant to just be an appetizer for a more robust endgame...

Their music game, however, is very much on point:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
And down goes Mal'Ganis. Ahh well.

This is actually kind of strange though. I'm leveling 5 toons at once. One toon is on Ravenholdt and he was the party leader and all 4 of my other toons were on his CRZ. Another toon is on Shadow Council, and the other 3 are on Mal'ganis. The Mal'ganis toons got kicked when Mal'ganis went down but the Ravenholdt and Shadow Council toons are fine and can log in no problem. It's weird that even though I was technically on a different server it still took my characters offline.

Hey what’s your character name on mal ganis?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
No queue when I decided to log on around 9-ish pm EST. So much fun early on. Didn't make any major leaps or gains last night but progressed through some quests and explored. So far, so good! Enjoying it thus far!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I hate having to read all the "dey" and "dere" bullshit in the troll quest text.

• 2Solidarity

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Haven't enjoyed an expansion/launch this thoroughly in a while. Forgot it was tuesday for maintenance and my 2nd wind/caffeine kicked in right as server went down. I'm really happy cause when I first played beta i had zero interest and worried i was done with wow. But loving every bit of this so far.