World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Trump's Staff
My mage has kept the exact same professions since day one even when, like now, they make no fucking sense. (Tailoring and Enchantment FYI)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Healthstones no longer share a cooldown with health pots. I think this is going to make Alchemy pretty valuable in the long run.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I only play WoW when a new expansion comes out for a few months. I enjoy it everytime, Blizzard still manage to put a fun experience each time.

And so far, this is the same...except that maybe for the first time, I feel WoW is showing it's age. The art direction is still excellent, but the graphics for the first time feel really outdated to me, the gameplay is where I feel it the most, everything is solid, but kinda just feel old.

They are getting the most of the engine and mechanics. I really wish they would do a WoW 2, or something since noone else seem to be able to make a decent MMO these days. :)

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
On another subject --- have people seen any signs of Cataclysm / Legion taking place on these isles? I would have expected the zone design to at least give a nod to the relatively recent terrain shattering experience of Deathwing flying over or make reference to having fought off some of the Legion etc. I thought I remembered a throwaway line of 'where were you when Deathwing came?' being directed at Jaina but I might be fantasizing that.

Pretty sure Zul the Prophet mentions other troll civilizations: Drakkari (WotLK), Throne of Thunder (MoP) and a third I don't remember.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well I used up my lucksack quota for this expansion:

Pattern: Embroidered Deep Sea Bag dropped.

*drops mic*

Qhue Qhue -- There's quite a bit of it discussed in quest text and some of the "gossip" text (from right clicking random NPCs). They did do some follow through on the Horde side with regards to events on Pandaria and Lei Shen in particular, and there is some mention of Zul'Gurub. Zuldazar questing also heavily references the Drakkari in Northrend as well, for reasons that become obvious when you do the story line stuff in that zone. Physically, I don't see any signs of the Cataclysm, but iirc one of the NPCs made a lolsy comment about how Zul "said we should be sinking into the sea" or something; I vaguely recall that from Pandaria, so yeah.

Uldir is probably the only place that explicitly makes it clear the Cataclysm did something to Zandalar. I've seen far more Azerite than any cataclysmic endeavors.

Last edited:
  • 1Ice Burn

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Pretty sure Zul the Prophet mentions other troll civilizations: Drakkari (WotLK), Throne of Thunder (MoP) and a third I don't remember.

Wait a tick... wasn't the whole reason for the trolls showing up en masse in MoP was because they were searching for a homeland? How is it then that there's this whole three-island chain nearly the same size as Pandaria that happens to have Zandalari trolls? I'm so confused.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wait a tick... wasn't the whole reason for the trolls showing up en masse in MoP was because they were searching for a homeland? How is it then that there's this whole three-island chain nearly the same size as Pandaria that happens to have Zandalari trolls? I'm so confused.

The Drakkari (Northrend Trolls) were so desperate to keep the Lich King from murdering all of them and making them zombies they sacrificed their own Loa to gain their powers in the hopes it would be enough to do... something to hold the Scourge back. This is why the Zandalari and Zul/Spider lady killed off their Loa to feed blood magic and shit. Rather how they learned it.

Secondly. In Pandaria the Mogu were approached by the Zandalari... or they approached them IDK so they could resurrect their most powerful Emperor. The Thunder King. Zul mentions that he was part of that expedition and didn't believe that it would work. But since it did he wishes to use that same power to resurrect Drakar. The first King of Zandalar.

All of the other troll tribes like Sandfury (Tanaris), Hinterlands, Zul'Aman etc they think of as trash tier garbage trolls and don't respect them.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alchemy wins like every expansion.

Because what it makes has the two ideal traits of a healthy commodity. Its very useful and its consumable. Everything else once somebody has their item they have it and will never likely need another one of it.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because what it makes has the two ideal traits of a healthy commodity. Its very useful and its consumable. Everything else once somebody has their item they have it and will never likely need another one of it.
This right here. Tailoring and Enchanting especially have this issue because there aren't very consumable goods given to either as a general rule. Enchanting only comes into play when gear is going to be changed a lot; it doesn't have anything like Wizard Oil anymore.

Donblargo

Potato del Grande
Dolly and Dot are my best friends! They pull my wagon through dunes of sand! They have small teeth and they love to eat!!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still make a decent amount from tailoring just from 30-slot bags from two expansions ago. The mats are basically free because Garrison supplies are plenty and you can buy Sumptuous furs with them. It's not an amazing amount of gold, but it's free gold.

I'm surprised token prices have dropped so much. They were down to 159k before I went to work today. They peaked about a day ago at 197k.

Last edited:

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I still make a decent amount of tailoring just from 30-slot bags from two expansions ago. The mats are basically free because Garrison supplies are plenty and you can buy Sumptuous furs with them. It's not an amazing amount of gold, but it's free gold.

I'm surprised token prices have dropped so much. They were down to 159k before I went to work today. They peaked about a day ago at 197k.
Yeah i sell those bags as well. I am wondering when the shortage of sorcerous earths will happen.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Does tailor also make bandages now?

I only ask because it seems the higher level I get the more mobs are raping me in the buttocks

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, tailors make bandages. Which is fucking retarded because classes that almost always are tailors are classes with ways to heal themselves easily.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah i sell those bags as well. I am wondering when the shortage of sorcerous earths will happen.

I wonder too, but it hasn't happened yet. I try to keep tabs on them in the AH so I can buy them when the prices are low.