World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
We haven't been in a position where we couldn't complete a dungeon, but I know my pocket hpal has trouble keeping me up. I think whatever they did to the hpal class along with magic damage nerfs on tanks is a bit out of control. I mean, we did m+15s every week for like two years, but we have issues in m0 when we're already a bit geared (granted, I am only 325).

Additionally having weaker dps right now along with people that don't utilize stuns on difficult mobs is making dungeons a little more difficult.
Your pocket paladin sucks

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not only is magic damage an issue, caster mobs spam spells like crazy. A full group doesn't even have enough interrupts for a pack of mobs with casters in it. No wonder they took out the AE silence that blood elves had, it would have given them an edge against trash in places like Shrine of the Storm.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
So last night was my first venture into Mythic and I see everyone saying how easy Manor is so I signed up to that one, got to the first boss and fuck me as a Hpala I just could not keep up I was using every CD, just spaming away people just taking so much damage logs showed me a 10k hps for a 4 mintiue fight, this happened a few times just could not work what how the group was taking so much damage from the sisters. Gave up in the end thought it was just on me but not sure how I would be expect to heal that given the tool set a Hpala has, there was one spell where the whole grp would take like 80% damage then you have the other sisters fiiring off spells at the sametimes it would jsut be one shot, cd would not be up for each time it went off. I am sure the group was missing something damage for sure but also in terms of mechincs

I smash heroics not even a effort to heal them I tell tanks to pull massive packs and we burn through the instances really quick but mythic the whole group takes way to much damage all the time. It was only one dungeon and to be honest I think the dps were shit no one above 5k on the sister fight and i can do more then that on reti spec with 2888 ilvl weapon but when legion launched I don't remeber mythic 0 being that hard

That's a bad first fight to use as your baseline. If you attack the wrong sister you take a shit ton of damage, so your group was probably just constantly attacking the wrong sister.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's a bad first fight to use as your baseline. If you attack the wrong sister you take a shit ton of damage, so your group was probably just constantly attacking the wrong sister.

You're supposed to attack the one with the iris right?

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Yes, attack the one with the iris. They also become much larger so it's pretty obvious. One of the sister's also has a 50% healing debuff, so healing is rough during that phase. If any of the sister's reach max energy they do a massive aoe to the entire group. It can be real rough if you don't focus the right sister, I've even seen heroic groups have a tough time with it.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yes, attack the one with the iris. They also become much larger so it's pretty obvious. One of the sister's also has a 50% healing debuff, so healing is rough during that phase. If any of the sister's reach max energy they do a massive aoe to the entire group. It can be real rough if you don't focus the right sister, I've even seen heroic groups have a tough time with it.
That fight was the only one we struggled a bit on and that was bc we didn’t understand what the sisters did. One of them has thorns so you can’t go ham on her and the other puts a stacking debuff on you that hurts like hell and you have to move to remove it.

Did underrot last night and that first maggot pull was brutal lol. There seems to be a lot of mechanics in these dungeons you can’t ignore which I’m enjoying right now even if some of them (shrine) are just nasty

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Some of these dungeons are going to be hell on M+

Like that Zul guy in King's Rest. That wasn't quite as bad for us because I'm a warlock and can just purge the adds but fuck that guy takes forever to kill and does a ton of damage and he's not even a boss.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
No wonder they took out the AE silence that blood elves had, it would have given them an edge against trash in places like Shrine of the Storm.
Yeah, i was wondering why they did that, now it makes total sense.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So the Pterrodax Hatchling that you raise into a mount along with the stegasaurus in normal questing for the Warbeast Kraal area in Zuldazar is a drop from... Pterrodaxes.

I spent some time trying to get it last night with no luck. Thankfully the pterrodaxes are right next to the crafting area of The Great Seal.

Khane

I got the egg last night randomly. Apparently you could share the quest up until a day or two ago. I always find it hilarious when you announce you got something but aren't sure what it's for and 1 or 2 people say "Oh that starts a quest for a mount. I got it day 2 when you could share it. They hotfixed it though".

Yea thanks for not letting the rest of the guild know you could get it from a shared quest before the hotfix fuckface.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got the egg last night randomly. Apparently you could share the quest up until a day or two ago. I always find it hilarious when you announce you got something but aren't sure what it's for and 1 or 2 people say "Oh that starts a quest for a mount. I got it day 2 when you could share it. They hotfixed it though".

Yea thanks for not letting the rest of the guild know you could get it from a shared quest before the hotfix fuckface.

Where did you get it?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I should probably start doing mythics at this point but i know how bad the average players are, and in mythic it makes healing extremely hard lol

Khane

I should probably start doing mythics at this point but i know how bad the average players are, and in mythic it makes healing extremely hard lol

I did 5 of the 10 mythics with an undergeared guild group and the other 5 in pugs. The people running M0s right now are the not the "average player".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I did 5 of the 10 mythics with an undergeared guild group and the other 5 in pugs. The people running M0s right now are the not the "average player".

Lol fair enough, i'll have to start doing them then.

mythic temple of sethraliss sounds like it would be god awful lol

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Class stacking isn't a thing outside of world top 50 guilds. If someone gets sat because they think it's their class, it's not, is cause they bad.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know how to get follower equipment? It says on the interface that it can be crafted or bought in the AH, but there doesn't seem to be a category for it.

The stuff from legion doesn't work, I tried.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ugh. Hit a point where I need to do a Mythic dungeon to advance the plot. I might as well log out and start leveling up my Mistweaver as I suspect it'd be faster to do that than try and get into a Mythic group as a rando-DPS

Had no problem pug’ing King’s Rest yesterday. Mythics really aren’t that much harder than heroics so if you have an ilvl above 320 i’d say you’ll be fine.

Now with the reset there will be a ton more 330+ folks this week, so it might take longer to get that invite.