World of Warcraft: Current Year

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do racial abilities really matter anymore?
If I made say a Orc Mage would people look at me like I'm retarded because I won't be able to do an extra 2% dps because I didn't roll as blood elf?

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
We favored melee on a lot of fights in abt, less mechanic to deal with. I think hunters are a safe bet since they can swap between melee and range.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Did they really sneak this back in? what the fuck man
They never took mob health scaling out, they just toned it down. They removed mob DPS scaling.

Maybe I was just too active in Legion, but count me in the group already getting bored a week in: nothing is new, there's no new systems, there's nothing to look forward to since we don't know where the story is going yet, and pvp has always been their pathetic excuse for a lack of new content.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We favored melee on a lot of fights in abt, less mechanic to deal with. I think hunters are a safe bet since they can swap between melee and range.

cool made a orc hunter and a Blood elf priest. My safe bet is showing Hekotat Hekotat how to heal in case I suck on the hunter.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They never took mob health scaling out, they just toned it down. They removed mob DPS scaling.

Yeah, I remember that now, my bad. At my shitty gear level (300) they don't scale at all if take off my gear. I thought for a second that they were going to make WQs scale against your gear again making it pointless to even gear up.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Saw it mentioned on a gaming site, but it really seems odd that that the various allied races show up except for the Lightforged Dranei along with their magical spaceship with Yamato cannon of doom. I'm guessing they will come into the picture once we start hitting up more Void-specific things.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Any good World Quest grouping addons anyone can recommend? I've downloaded World Quest Party...but it doesn't use the LFM tool at all and not enough people seem to have it to work.

Removal of WQGF is seriously the worst change of the expansion for me.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Legion treasures are giving XP now, so it's a good way to burn through your level 100 alts' rested XP. Just be careful you don't try to loot one of the Suramar ones as it bugs things and stops XP from most of the other treasures around the Isles.

Edit: Nevermind. it seems to bug out even without the Suramar thing. It's pretty random with which treasures will bother to give you XP, changing between characters and other variables.

Last edited by a moderator:

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So last night was my first venture into Mythic and I see everyone saying how easy Manor is so I signed up to that one, got to the first boss and fuck me as a Hpala I just could not keep up I was using every CD, just spaming away people just taking so much damage logs showed me a 10k hps for a 4 mintiue fight, this happened a few times just could not work what how the group was taking so much damage from the sisters. Gave up in the end thought it was just on me but not sure how I would be expect to heal that given the tool set a Hpala has, there was one spell where the whole grp would take like 80% damage then you have the other sisters fiiring off spells at the sametimes it would jsut be one shot, cd would not be up for each time it went off. I am sure the group was missing something damage for sure but also in terms of mechincs

I smash heroics not even a effort to heal them I tell tanks to pull massive packs and we burn through the instances really quick but mythic the whole group takes way to much damage all the time. It was only one dungeon and to be honest I think the dps were shit no one above 5k on the sister fight and i can do more then that on reti spec with 2888 ilvl weapon but when legion launched I don't remeber mythic 0 being that hard

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No one above 5k seems bad. I'm in the 320's as balance and hitting almost 7k single target as an aoe spec and the worst single target class in the game.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Some serious sharding and spawn rate issues with WQ’s, I swear. You see 100 people standing around trying to get single mobs that take forever to respawn. Mostly it’s been northwestern Stormsong.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I more often than not feel like there are a lot more people of my faction on any given zone, horde or alliance, while on war mode.
Does anyone have the opposite experience? And if you do have that experience do you use the group finder for world quests?
I've been wondering if the group finder isn't forcing a number imbalance in each shard.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So not only does the Resilient Spellthread not work, but the Safe Hearthing Enchant doesn't function either. Both of the 'tradeskill unique' abilities I have are broken. :(

Also had the orbs bug out on Temple of Sethraliss when running it on heroic for the first time. There seem to be an unusually large number of bugs that made it into the released game this time around. I don't think testing can be blamed as all of these issues were, apparently, manifest in the alpha and beta and simply not acted upon before shipping.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Legion treasures are giving XP now, so it's a good way to burn through your level 100 alts' rested XP. Just be careful you don't try to loot one of the Suramar ones as it bugs things and stops XP from most of the other treasures around the Isles.

Edit: Nevermind. it seems to bug out even without the Suramar thing. It's pretty random with which treasures will bother to give you XP, changing between characters and other variables.
It’s always done that, I think it was something like after 5 or so it turns off

Also 5k dps is terrible. You should expect at least like 7k from a bad dps in mythic. As disc priest I do about 6k in mythic.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just thought it was that some treasures give exp and some don't. But yea, it's been like that since Legion launch AFAIK.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So last night was my first venture into Mythic and I see everyone saying how easy Manor is so I signed up to that one, got to the first boss and fuck me as a Hpala I just could not keep up I was using every CD, just spaming away people just taking so much damage logs showed me a 10k hps for a 4 mintiue fight, this happened a few times just could not work what how the group was taking so much damage from the sisters. Gave up in the end thought it was just on me but not sure how I would be expect to heal that given the tool set a Hpala has, there was one spell where the whole grp would take like 80% damage then you have the other sisters fiiring off spells at the sametimes it would jsut be one shot, cd would not be up for each time it went off. I am sure the group was missing something damage for sure but also in terms of mechincs

I smash heroics not even a effort to heal them I tell tanks to pull massive packs and we burn through the instances really quick but mythic the whole group takes way to much damage all the time. It was only one dungeon and to be honest I think the dps were shit no one above 5k on the sister fight and i can do more then that on reti spec with 2888 ilvl weapon but when legion launched I don't remeber mythic 0 being that hard
We haven't been in a position where we couldn't complete a dungeon, but I know my pocket hpal has trouble keeping me up. I think whatever they did to the hpal class along with magic damage nerfs on tanks is a bit out of control. I mean, we did m+15s every week for like two years, but we have issues in m0 when we're already a bit geared (granted, I am only 325).

Additionally having weaker dps right now along with people that don't utilize stuns on difficult mobs is making dungeons a little more difficult.