World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
World Boss is active but Seals are not...

I wonder if that's on purpose or if they are planning on "hotfixing" them in later this week. Either way I'm waiting on killing for now.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was fortunate to finish all the mythical last night with a guild group and I do agree that the people running them right now are not going to be your average player. With that said having to PUG some of these could suck.

The orb in temple can bug out and go up on a cliff side you can’t reach bricking your run and also they can sometimes just randomly despawn or spawn inside terrain. Apparently all reported in the beta, still not fixed.

My SO was having a hell of a time on sisters in manor as a H pal in her mythic group. I think it’s a combo of lowish dps and not helping with trying to interrupt most of the casts. The magic damage is real for that fight and really is the harder ones to heal in manor.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
World Boss is active but Seals are not...

I wonder if that's on purpose or if they are planning on "hotfixing" them in later this week. Either way I'm waiting on killing for now.
Can't you just kill it again to use the seal?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, you can kill it again and it will pop with the chance to roll with a Seal - IF - you didn't roll before.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So someone correct me if I am wrong... Mob scaling by ilvl seems to be a thing even in dungeons? It could just be my perception, but the same healer around 315ish, doing a mythic with a tank that cant even ilvl into random heroics was fine and he was joking about healing as ele spec. Healing a high 340s offering to carry the group required pausing between trash for his short term cooldowns as healing throughput couldnt keep up with mob dps.

Am I crazy, or is the dps hitting the tank scaling with ilvl even in mythics, and scaling stupidly such that getting gear can make you worse?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm not certain but it feels like it's something like that.
I know when i was healing normals, the dungeon felt much harder to heal when it was a mixture of 120s and a lower level or two.

yerm

So for all my whining, the world questing with war mode is a great time, islands are cool (I hated arena 3s to be fair), and the zones like cool. Once they balance classes, adjust some flight paths and vendors hopefully, add islands to the queue screen, and especially fix or fucking undo the abortion that is ilvl scaling? Very high hopes.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
We haven't been in a position where we couldn't complete a dungeon, but I know my pocket hpal has trouble keeping me up. I think whatever they did to the hpal class along with magic damage nerfs on tanks is a bit out of control. I mean, we did m+15s every week for like two years, but we have issues in m0 when we're already a bit geared (granted, I am only 325).

Additionally having weaker dps right now along with people that don't utilize stuns on difficult mobs is making dungeons a little more difficult.

Did all Mythic 0s with pug healers as a tank (pal, priest, monk, druid) and never died more than once or twice, usually because of an over pull of 3 packs. Honestly felt like the difficulty of mythic 0 was more like heroic. Crazy how the experience seems so different.

Araxen

Last night I did the random normal dungeon and I had a Paladin who couldn't AOE tank. I didn't think it was possible to fuck it up as a Paladin, but apparently you can.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There are many times I wish Mages had a 4th spec that functioned as a healer. I acknowledge the downside of the potential opening one up to be pressured into healing when you don't want to, but not having any viable means to change your fate is itksome..

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Anyone know how to get follower equipment? It says on the interface that it can be crafted or bought in the AH, but there doesn't seem to be a category for it.

The stuff from legion doesn't work, I tried.
There are items you can craft, but they use the material you get from the final boss of Mythic dungeons and those are all being devoted to armor etc right now.

Also doesn't help that they seem to be awful with abilities like 'chance to return extra cloth from mission '.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Last night I did the random normal dungeon and I had a Paladin who couldn't AOE tank. I didn't think it was possible to fuck it up as a Paladin, but apparently you can.

I mentioned it earlier, but they changed tank threat from 10x DPS to 4x DPS, where a regular DPS class does 1x DPS threat. It is definitely noticable, especially at lower gear levels. I do have to drop my ox statue a lot (if we taunt the statue, we aoe taunt every mob that has threat with it) just because of the threat nerf and I am considered an aoe threat beast of a class.

It's kind of janky because for years now people have grown accustomed to just aoe'ing everything down, but then Blizzard randomly decided they wanted threat to matter again. Mind-boggling change.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
There are many times I wish Mages had a 4th spec that functioned as a healer. I acknowledge the downside of the potential opening one up to be pressured into healing when you don't want to, but not having any viable means to change your fate is itksome..

Bring on the Blood Mage healer spec and the Battle Mage melee DPS spec.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mentioned it earlier, but they changed tank threat from 10x DPS to 4x DPS, where a regular DPS class does 1x DPS threat. It is definitely noticable, especially at lower gear levels. I do have to drop my ox statue a lot (if we taunt the statue, we aoe taunt every mob that has threat with it) just because of the threat nerf and I am considered an aoe threat beast of a class.

It's kind of janky because for years now people have grown accustomed to just aoe'ing everything down, but then Blizzard randomly decided they wanted threat to matter again. Mind-boggling change.

I also noticed some dungeons have mobs that run away at low health, that's going to need some attention. Can't remember when we last had mobs run away, think they took that out around TBC or something.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The artifact power to get to a given level changes over the duration of the expansion? I remember reading somewhere that they were putting in that as a corollary to the 'research' from Legion in order to try and keep the values from going crazy high.

I realized today that I'm at Artifact level 16 and at with 12k more to go to 17 the weekly Island Expedition reward of 1500 seems paltry, not to mention the Missions for 147.

I believe we will see the same kinds of catchup AP mechanics we did in legion. Either they tweak the amount needed per level or we get billions and billions per stone at some point.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did Freehold last night as a tank. Every once in a while I would get knocked up in the air and a mob would drop agro down to 60% or something. That's going to be annoying at higher keys.