World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Many people don't admit to shit, that doesn't make it untrue. If you log in and do the 15 minutes it takes for the daily emissary, you will be revered long before flying comes out. Fuck man, you can get deep in to honored just by doing quests in most of the zones. I haven't been purposefully doing world quests other then the emissary and shit that is upgrades and I am probably 2 weeks from revered with everything but Champions? Do token missions and it might be faster? When will flying be released? Banging on World Quests is no where near needed. I would bet you could get revered with everything before flying just by doing table missions.
Untitled.png

Juvarisx

Florida
If they are consistent flying will be 8.2. If Azshara is truly the next raid and they do it right it will all be underwater anyways in Nazjatar

Last edited:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Speaking of reputation, just a heads up: The Wanted quests in Kul'Tiras for Honorbound aren't giving their rep like its supposed to be doing. They're bugged and any you do, they won't give you the rep later on when they fix it.

They're supposed to give like 500 rep each, which is a big deal.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Many people don't admit to shit, that doesn't make it untrue. If you log in and do the 15 minutes it takes for the daily emissary, you will be revered long before flying comes out. Fuck man, you can get deep in to honored just by doing quests in most of the zones. I haven't been purposefully doing world quests other then the emissary and shit that is upgrades and I am probably 2 weeks from revered with everything but Champions? Do token missions and it might be faster? When will flying be released? Banging on World Quests is no where near needed. I would bet you could get revered with everything before flying just by doing table missions.View attachment 174036

Yea, you still have to do them. Whether you do them now or do them later you have to do them. You asked "If it weren't for world quests what would you log in and do?". I pointed out that there is plenty of other shit to do and world quests suck. And if you aren't even actually doing the world quests I'm not sure what you were asking?

Hey Fyff, wanna come do Siege of Boralus with us later? Oh wait, nevermind. Looks like you haven't been logging in and doing your world quests like a good boy.

The point is that when there is a clear goal, and that goal is something as substantial as unlocking an entire dungeon (or two) with extra loot drops you should be able to target that and do it at your own pace. There is no "do it at your own pace" with world quests. There is only procrastination, which is what you're describing.

Pathfinder part one is already in the game and unlockable and gives 20% bonus mounted speed or something like that. Not as big a deal as flying obviously but still requires all factions at revered.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
And here comes Khane, with his patronizing bullshit, again.

Procrastination - Wikipedia

If this is a task that "needs to be accomplished", you're taking this game too seriously. Seriously, fuck off with your elitist nonsense. He can do it at whatever pace he chooses, and so can everyone else. If that takes longer because someone isn't doing all their world quests, so be it. That's a choice.

• 1Salty

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also who wants to knock out the cheevos for Dungeon Glory mount this week or next? Can at least start getting a few of them done.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Yea, you still have to do them. Whether you do them now or do them later you have to do them. You asked "If it weren't for world quests what would you log in and do?". I pointed out that there is plenty of other shit to do and world quests suck.

Hey Fyff, wanna come do Siege of Boralus with us later? Oh wait, nevermind. Looks like you haven't been logging in and doing your world quests like a good boy.

The point is that when there is a clear goal (in this case reputation) and that goal is something as substantial as an entire dungeon with extra loot drops you should be able to target that and do it at your own pace. There is no "do it at your own pace" with world quests. There is only procrastination, which is what you're describing.

I read his post as him describing that there is no need to bang out WQs and you can enjoy doing whatever content you want at your own pace. You pointed out quite literally the only gate that exists as a result of the faction - a single dungeon. I've cleared Siege twice already and I've been rewarded with about 300 Azerite total. It's not a big deal. It's also not gated behind some type of endless grind, I unlocked it on Wednesday. We are one week into the expansion and most of my factions are already revered - there is no doubt that you can leisurely do whatever it is you want and reach exalted before it becomes a problem (e.g. when flying is unlocked):

Capture.PNG

Khane

And here comes Khane, with his patronizing bullshit, again.

Procrastination - Wikipedia

If this is a task that "needs to be accomplished", you're taking this game too seriously. Seriously, fuck off with your elitist nonsense. He can do it at whatever pace he chooses, and so can everyone else. If that takes longer because someone isn't doing all their world quests, so be it. That's a choice.

Last time is was pedantic. Now it's patronizing? Elitist nonsense? What the fuck are you talking about?

Do you like World Quests? Do you think that gating everything behind them is good game design? Are you happy when you can't do certain shit with the people in your guild or on your friends list because you didn't play the game the way Blizzard told you to?

The task does need to be accomplished. You literally need to do it to unlock the rewards you're after.

I hate world quests, they make me see red. I'm not patronizing anyone for not doing it right now ASAP. I'm complaining that I CAN'T do it right now ASAP.

There are two gated dungeons Voldeth. And of course all the profession patterns, 335 and 350 gear, upgrading your Azerite necklace, unlocking new flight paths via outposts on the enemy continent, etc.

This is getting way off topic anyway. The original question was asking if not for world quests why would you even log in. Which sounded like a defense of world quests as a necessary game mechanic to keep people subscribed. I hate world quests and will shit on them until my dying breath, all while doing them because I have to.

Last edited:

Khane

"Prevenge, Mythic raiding guild is recruiting a tank that actually logs in and plays the game"

• 1Worf

Khane

As an ex tank I see what you're doing. Can't be asked to run everyone in the guild through their weekly mythics if you aren't attuned!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I read his post as him describing that there is no need to bang out WQs and you can enjoy doing whatever content you want at your own pace. You pointed out quite literally the only gate that exists as a result of the faction - a single dungeon. I've cleared Siege twice already and I've been rewarded with about 300 Azerite total. It's not a big deal. It's also not gated behind some type of endless grind, I unlocked it on Wednesday. We are one week into the expansion and most of my factions are already revered - there is no doubt that you can leisurely do whatever it is you want and reach exalted before it becomes a problem (e.g. when flying is unlocked):

View attachment 174039

How is your Tortollan rep so high? Were you using their contract doing WQ's at any point?

2Ep1M3u.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You should at least get a contract for Champions of Azeroth and boost that reputation when you can. Each reputation level boosts the ilevel of your Heart of Azeroth by 15.
Oh I got it.. it just requires friendly

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As an ex tank I see what you're doing. Can't be asked to run everyone in the guild through their weekly mythics if you aren't attuned!
I did the same thing in legion, I couldn't be bothered to unlock the suramar dungeons. I get limited time, and I certainly can't login to do my 'dailies' every day. It also took me 3 days to hit 120 whereas most people were 120 that night/morning.

But, to your point. If I login now I get spammed asking to run M0's. I need the gear right now, so it's fine.. but next week I won't need any gear so then what? I'll have to run people through again..

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Voldeth Voldeth Merrith Merrith Pretty dumb question, but did you two hit 120 on day one? Trying to figure out how in the fuck you have several thousand more rep for Champions and 7th/Honorbound than I do, but I have several thousand more in other reps, like Tortollan. (My Contract has been with Champions of Azeroth only, for the record.)
WoWRepBFA.jpg