World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I would be so happy if the idea and premise of "raiding" died. Trying to get 20 people together to kill shit doesn't feel "epic" it feels like a chore. Unless you are in a top ~50 world guild you're gonna be carrying people, you're gonna be waiting for shitheads who bitch about "elitism" while they go AFK every 3 minutes and make 19 other people wait because they have no respect for other people's time and you're generally gonna be stressing yourself out while wishing you were doing something else. I would be glad if raiding died and it actually wasn't the best avenue to get the best gear. Fuck raiding and fuck anybody who acts like they're in Method and bitches and moans when things they'll never even attempt to kill "die too fast" which must mean the game is too "casual friendly".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I just miss ten man raids. Didn't have to deal with a bunch of people I could give two shits about aside from if I could get purples with them or not.

My favorite raiding was in wrath. Had a ten man guild that got all the server first ten man stuff then we would do one maybe two pug raids a week with another ten man guild and some randoms to clear heroic 25.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would be so happy if the idea and premise of "raiding" died. Trying to get 20 people together to kill shit doesn't feel "epic" it feels like a chore. Unless you are in a top ~50 world guild you're gonna be carrying people, you're gonna be waiting for shitheads who bitch about "elitism" while they go AFK every 3 minutes and make 19 other people wait because they have no respect for other people's time and you're generally gonna be stressing yourself out while wishing you were doing something else. I would be glad if raiding died and it actually wasn't the best avenue to get the best gear. Fuck raiding and fuck anybody who acts like they're in Method and bitches and moans when things they'll never even attempt to kill "die too fast" which must mean the game is too "casual friendly".

I mean, not that I disagree. I haven't raided seriously since Cata, and it always bugs me when I hear normal/heroic raiders/entry-wing mythic raiders complain about how fast shit dies. However what would be an alternative to getting the best gear outside of raiding? Mythic+'s pretty much solve this problem. I mean it's not the best of the best gear, but you can compete in any activity w/ M+ gear up to a point. Are you suggesting a solo expereince, ala Mage Tower rewarding top tier shit? Or do you just despise the general community that surrounds it?

Despite being disenfranchised w/ raiding myself, it's still necessary for the vast majority of the playerbase as a carrot for them to move towards. I was that person joining this board when FOH/Triton/AL were clearing shit back in the day. All I wanted was to be at that level, have that gear, etc.. You, and many on this board have seen the top, once or more in their gaming life, and realize the time & effort is pointless past a certain point. But for many, who either lack age/experience, the voyeurism of watching Mythic raiders is still relative.........IMO. Otherwise you have a *truly* casual game, in the strictest sense of the word.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I would like to see M+ drop full raid equivalent gear (It's close now, which is nice) at the appropriate key levels. I see no *good* reason that Azerite Gear shouldn't drop from M+ dungeon run chests. I would also love to see WF and TF gone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Made a legit +10 key, fun times tomorrow when group gets around to doing it. I used more 500g pots in the +9 than in raid so far, raiding is boring af now. I couldn't decide if I wanted to raid or not till the day before raid week, ended up just joining some random mythic guild that has a backpedalling BM hunter as core that has wiped the raid multiple times on mechanics he backpedals. How nerfed was Argus by the end that this guild managed to get a kill.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
unrelated but pugging g'huun and wiping at 1% cause your tanks forgot to swap feels really bad, group blew up after that

Chris

Potato del Grande
Restricting the raid-gear-only azerite traits to be stuff for in-the-raid just makes it feel more like... "Why bother? I can just keep pushing keys and have more fun with a more concentrated group of friends."
Hahaha WHAT!? What the fuck is wrong with Blizzard, are they the fun police or something?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just miss ten man raids. Didn't have to deal with a bunch of people I could give two shits about aside from if I could get purples with them or not.

My favorite raiding was in wrath. Had a ten man guild that got all the server first ten man stuff then we would do one maybe two pug raids a week with another ten man guild and some randoms to clear heroic 25.
What if I told you that you could raid with ten people now?

Insertmatrix.jpg

• 1Repost
Reactions: 1 user

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
What if I told you that you could raid with ten people now?

Insertmatrix.jpg

What if I told you they dont tune for ten people anymore and the highest tier of gear only drops in a higher numbers raid that has a larger ilevel spread between heroic and mythic then old 10 did to 25 man heroic?

The only reason you would go in to a 25 man heroic if you were a pure ten man guild in wrath was the weapons. Even then you didn't have to because ten man was the same boss mechanics at a slightly increased difficulty because you had less room for error. Now you can't even see the real boss fight outside of a 20 man raid.

• 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
This board is filled with pve lovers. Pvp
it was most likely Paragon and the world 1st 10 man heroic kill
don't you just love that UI

Doesn't it feel like a raid healer is only as good as the weakest player in the raid, though? It's gonna cost a lot of Mana if the weakest player messes up and potentially take focus off someone else who may die. Maybe there is a little room for error built in to each encounter, but it doesn't seem like it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This board is filled with pve lovers. Pvp

Doesn't it feel like a raid healer is only as good as the weakest player in the raid, though? It's gonna cost a lot of Mana if the weakest player messes up and potentially take focus off someone else who may die. Maybe there is a little room for error built in to each encounter, but it doesn't seem like it.

To be fair Disc priest in Pandaria around that time was completely fucking busted.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
fuck Warfronts. Can't queue.
and it looks like it's gonna be on a 2 week rotation.
what a failure of a feature

Ryoz

<Donor>
Looks like spriests are getting a little love on Tuesday - 20% dmg increase on VT and SWP. Spec still doesn’t feel quite right, but the dmg increase on our main dots should help.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Looks like spriests are getting a little love on Tuesday - 20% dmg increase on VT and SWP. Spec still doesn’t feel quite right, but the dmg increase on our main dots should help.

Probably just a haste thing? Shadow felt like ass for the first tier or two until you could get that haste up there in tos.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It’s not haste, its void form. Having to change rotation every 20 seconds feels clunky as fuck.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
It’s not haste, its void form. Having to change rotation every 20 seconds feels clunky as fuck.

Yah I haven't touched my priest this xpac so I don't know all the changes. That was why void form felt like shit in legion until you got enough haste to stay in it for long periods of time so the switching and damage loss didn't feel as bad.

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What if I told you they dont tune for ten people anymore and the highest tier of gear only drops in a higher numbers raid that has a larger ilevel spread between heroic and mythic then old 10 did to 25 man heroic?

The only reason you would go in to a 25 man heroic if you were a pure ten man guild in wrath was the weapons. Even then you didn't have to because ten man was the same boss mechanics at a slightly increased difficulty because you had less room for error. Now you can't even see the real boss fight outside of a 20 man raid.
I wouldn't care if you told me all that. You said you really wanna raid 10 man content. It's available.

• 1Repost