World of Warcraft: Current Year

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I've never, ever understood the obsession with mounts, where you might use one to brag for a week and then get bored of it. And then you're onto the next and you probably never see that one again. At least with rare battle pets, you use them in battles.

Wonder if it'll go back down. I can probably do Tol Dagor in my sleep now. I'm beginning to think certain weapons won't drop unless they are in your weekly chest. I have seen weapons drop in dungeons, so I know they do drop, but apparently not for me. 40+ runs with 0 weapons? Really? If it wasn't for emmissary quests I'd be on 325 weapons right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
The only mounts worth trying to get are Azure/Crimson Water Strider and Grand Expedition Yak. That stupid 5mil mount with AH is retarded and not worth the gold.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've never, ever understood the obsession with mounts, where you might use one to brag for a week and then get bored of it. And then you're onto the next and you probably never see that one again. At least with rare battle pets, you use them in battles.

A large part of my burnout from WoW came from realizing that I was spending several hours a week doing nothing but grinding to unlock mounts, despite the fact that I already have a shitload of them and never use them. I ran Firelands a 200 times for the Alysrazor mount, and yet I rarely use it. This of course removes a good chunk of the carrot when it comes to being motivated to keep playing, as Blizzard puts way too much emphasis on mounts as rewards, and there's too many in-game to have any of them be special.

The only mounts worth trying to get are Azure/Crimson Water Strider and Grand Expedition Yak. That stupid 5mil mount with AH is retarded and not worth the gold.

Yeah, the 5mil mount is even more retarded when you realize how much real cash it translates to: up to 50 tokens which is $750 worth of subscriptions.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Oh mounts. I have over 300, some of them the "rare" raid drops (Invincible, Mimiron's head, Firelands mounts) and in the end you either use your spider or your water strider.

Took me a while to realize that. Will keep going for mounts. Might buy the 5mil mount anyway but yeah, it's a whole lot of RL money now. I only have 6mil currently so not feeling comfortable with the expense yet.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I don't know how Warfront rewards are supposed to be fun when one person gets a 370 bracer, which gives negligible stats (wrist slot stats are so low) and the guy next to him gets a 370 weapon or azerite chest. It's just... so... incredibly dumb man. You should get to choose between Azerite or Weapon. Fucking hell man, what a pile of garbage. My alt got 380 bracers (yay, I guess? Like an extra 20 stats? and someone next to me gets an Azerite chest and gets an extra 200 stats? Like what the actual fuck?

The reason it is so rage inducing is only because it is so difficult to get Azerite armor and weapons to a lesser extent. And when you are not a raider and you see that you have 2 ways to get Azerite armor, and that it's completely RNG, and you get fucked over and over again, it's really infuriating. If there were more reliable ways to get Azerite armor it'd be much better. Like if Island Expedition currency could be saved up and spent on Azerite armor or something. But when you only have 1-2 chances per week of getting Azerite armor (one with your chest, and one assuming some random quet like Warfront first time quest) it just sucks.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So is there a chance the Warfront can Warforge to something past 340? Right now I did it once (got boots...yay?) and dunno if I should bother ever doing it again.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is there a chance the Warfront can Warforge to something past 340? Right now I did it once (got boots...yay?) and dunno if I should bother ever doing it again.
It can forge but if you don't need any 340 gear and don't care about the mog probably not worth doing. You can also only kill the rares once per cycle.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The rares exist in both the warfront and the open world of Arathi, but they only drop loot in the open world version. In the warfront version, some of them serve alternate purpose. Like when you beat Fozruk, he joins your side as a combat npc that heads to the enemy base.

In the open world version, if the dragon crest on their nameplate is silver, you are eligible for a potential loot drop. If its golden, you already got your loot chance and aren't eligible anymore.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Wonder if it'll go back down. I can probably do Tol Dagor in my sleep now. I'm beginning to think certain weapons won't drop unless they are in your weekly chest. I have seen weapons drop in dungeons, so I know they do drop, but apparently not for me. 40+ runs with 0 weapons? Really? If it wasn't for emmissary quests I'd be on 325 weapons right now.
The only mount i ground out was during burning crusade and i believe it was that shadow drake. Just like EQ grinding.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Something to collect, like achievements, or battle pets and that kind of thing. Whatever.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have the 5 mil AH mount. Best purchase I ever made in game. Not only does it have an AH but the vendor on it sells every single crafting reagent for BfA professions. Enjoy running all over that stupid fucking pyramid when you run out of crafting reagents nerds.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I have the 5 mil AH mount. Best purchase I ever made in game. Not only does it have an AH but the vendor on it sells every single crafting reagent for BfA professions. Enjoy running all over that stupid fucking pyramid when you run out of crafting reagents nerds.
Alright the BfA profession reagents has me. Just need to sell the 20 Sky Golems I made in anticipation and I'm set.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just log on a 2nd account and use that alt stationed at the pyramid to mail stuff to the character that needs it. I also log on my AH alt if I want to deal with that.

I will not fall victim to that gold sink!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can keep the profession reagents in your reagent bank now and use them from anywhere. I just buy like 1200 flour or whatever and until that runs out I don't need to visit the vendor anymore.

I also didn't play during WoD or Legion during the gold fountain fase and have like 200k gold total, most of which I got from levelling 100-120.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm a WoW .01%er. Life is just better in the lap of luxury.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
2nd account I already use and paid with gold that was made from that account (garrisons -> mission tables). The mount at 100k/token is the equivalent of over 700 bucks.