World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Realistically nothing is going to change at all cause shareholders are going to tell him what to do but that's a big quote to go into being president of a company with lmao

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Realistically nothing is going to change at all cause shareholders are going to tell him what to do but that's a big quote to go into being president of a company with lmao

I would like to see him announce the cancellation of Classic WoW. Not because I want it canceled but the level of salt would be epic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Thanks for all of the continued feedback and discussion around the Azerite Armor system. We’ve been following the community discussions closely, and the systems team has been focusing on making some improvements as their top priority. I’ve got some updates to share on our current thoughts, as well as some upcoming changes.

To start, here’s some of the bigger issues we’ve been seeing brought up:
  • Overall Availability: While there’s plenty of Azerite Armor in the 295-340 item level range, further sources are heavily limited and susceptible to bad luck. Even players who are doing a wide range of high-end content are still wearing at least one Item Level 340 piece, despite having replaced all their other gear several times over. Everything else about the system is basically irrelevant if you can’t get your hands on the gear in the first place.
  • Lack of Agency: When items do drop, it can feel like you’re not really given much in the way of options. You can choose whether you want this to be a Fire or a Frost piece, or a versatile one with a generic trait, but that isn’t necessarily an interesting choice. And when you look at the complete package, those choices don’t often feel like they’re having a meaningful impact on how you play your character.
  • Trait Depth: Several of the traits that are considered the “best” mathematically turn out to be some of the simplest mechanically, which reinforces the sense that the system isn’t really affecting gameplay.

We agree that those issues need to be resolved. So, here’s a few changes we’re working on:

• We need to make Azerite Armor more available, for all types of players, through a method everyone can utilize. So we’re actually looking at Emissary rewards for that. The plan is to make Azerite Armor rewards from Emissary quests scale all the way up to 370 (based on your item level), which gives everyone a new, reliable source for appropriate gear. Further on, we’re looking at making some further improvements to the ways Emissaries reward gear, but getting more Azerite Armor in your hands is the higher priority for the immediate future.
  • When we add new Azerite Armor in what we’re calling “BfA Season 2” (starting with Siege of Zuldazar and its corresponding Mythic+ and PvP seasons), we’re going to add another outer ring to those pieces of gear that has two spec-specific trait options for each spec. This effectively means that your favorite traits will be available on a lot more items, while also opening up a lot more options across the scope of all of your Azerite pieces (and thus, we hope, create more interesting decisions).
  • We’re also going to continue to work on the individual traits themselves. We’ve done some basic tuning so far, but we’re taking the lessons we’ve learned from these first iterations forward, and Tides of Vengeance will bring new traits into the pool that reflect that. Our goal is to make the more generic traits be decent middle-of-the-road options for when you want to use a single piece for multiple situations or specs, but make sure the spec-specific options (which are generally the more interesting traits) win out in their respective environments.

Some of those changes won’t be coming until Tides of Vengeance (and you’ll see them on the PTR soon), but the overall availability of Azerite Armor is a much more pressing concern, so we’re investigating ways of hotfixing that directly into the live game. I don’t have a solid timeline on when that might be yet, but we’ll definitely have more information to share as soon as we can confirm when that can happen.

Ok maybe I am missing something here but I dont see how this really solves anything

• 1Solidarity

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
They are so dumb, doubling down on the reforging bullshit. I don't get adding another ring either. If anything that will probably make them worse.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every day you might get an Azerite emissary reward that may or not be in a slot you need, and may or may not have traits you want. Another random, untargettable reward.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Literally all they have to do is give Azerite out of m+ keys and everyone will suddenly stop bitching about it. This system alone has killed BFA for me and it's an extremely easy fix.

Raid azerite is inherently better for raiders anyways with the zone-wide buffs on them, so it's not like they would be losing out either. Just give me god damn pieces.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Ok maybe I am missing something here but I dont see how this really solves anything

Well, if you just made traits interesting like legendaries then you would just have constant tears because only being able to get them rarely from the weekly cache is retarded. So fixing that gives them some scope to make the traits useful.

Of course, the obvious problem here is that every class trait that was better than a generic or impacted the rotation in some way was nerfed into the ground. So either they are making a giant 180 backflip, or they have no idea what the fuck they are doing, or both.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider

This guy also ruined SWG.
Btw in 1 year Mike will form a new studio with the old guys, and try to do it again (or not).

• 1WTF

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah seems like the obvious solution is to just let the armor drop from fucking M+, adding more random bullshit to WQ's to proc up to 370 for generic Azerite pieces seems dumb. Adding more choices isn't going to really change anything as has been pointed out there have like 400 fucking choices people only want like 5 of them across all classes.. Most suck shit and will continue to suck shit. Until Loot 2.0 ala Diablo 3 I guess. Shit I don't even know at this point.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also for the love of fuck make seafares debloons currency for the fucking islands mounts, pets, t-mogs, instead of currency for pure dogshit items I wouldnt even use if they were free.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

This guy also ruined SWG.
Btw in 1 year Mike will form a new studio with the old guys, and try to do it again (or not).

From Brave New World -

"But I like the inconveniences."

"We don't," said the Controller. "We prefer to do things comfortably."

"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."

"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."

"All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."

"Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen tomorrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.

"I claim them all," said the Savage at last.

In other words, go fuck yourself.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Also for the love of fuck make seafares debloons currency for the fucking islands mounts, pets, t-mogs, instead of currency for pure dogshit items I wouldnt even use if they were free.

I agree it should be able to buy all that shit but those items are no joke. That vest from last week I could pull like 50 mobs and it would nuke them all dead in about 3 seconds. All the items are amazing. It's just you have to still do Islands so eh

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
More gear doesn't fix the problem that gear doesn't fucking matter. The fact that I feel only slightly more powerful between ilvl as low as 260 and 355 is pretty fucked. I feel no change, excitement, or value in any of the Azerite traits, or in obtaining new gear. Thus I have no encouragement really to pursue anything. Legion did this the best it has ever been done. You were clearly stronger with every piece of gear you obtained. And while set bonuses and legendaries were annoying to balance, there was trade-off and unique scenarios you could actively swap gear for. I feel zero need to respect or change gear to a scenario. The benefit is so insignificant.

It feels like vanilla before Spell Power became a thing. Yeah, more mana from intellect, but not actually doing more damage, and still being squishy.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair on the J. Allen guy, I respected him for saying that. Maybe he used the wrong tone, and obviously its shit PR right now, but fuck if it isn't obvious that they have way too many resources spread too thin right now. Not to mention to absolute clown show that the current dev team is.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Next time someone questions your route just tell them you are using MDT and that you got the string off of someone famous's stream. WoW players have hard ons for streamers. They will probably suck your dick and ask you to export them for them after the dungeon.

Raider.io doesn't show ilvl, just your dungeon score unless you go to the website. If you go to the site, it shows both equipped and total ilvl. Though I think you need to hover over it to get total, it just default shows current.

Used by bonus roll on Hailstone Construct and no trinket. Sadface.

What are you using for a spec? 1213321? Been thinking about changing to tank just to get faster M plus groups.
So do you have dat string bruh, or you gonna tease me like that?

Google is my friend: Reminder: Method Dungeon Tool Addon = Plan your M+ Route beforehand // Premade Routes in here • r/CompetitiveWoW

Last edited: