World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The programmer in me is very upset that the limits of each range include the previous and next range. But actually that's perfect because that's how blizzard would want it. Running a +5 would give you a 340 or a 355, all based on sweet, sweet RNG.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Got azerite piece from chest for the last of my 340s, truly do not need to raid at all now.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a ring that was a 20 ilvl upgrade but was a downgrade in stats and an overall dps loss.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Meech

Molten Core Raider
Got a ring that was a 20 ilvl upgrade but was a downgrade in stats and an overall dps loss.

I use those to buff up my ilvl when looking for PUGs and then just swap my actual gear back on when I'm invited. Game is retarded.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Raids drop 385+'s what the hell are you talking about nubscickle.
I chose not to raid this expansion other than pugging heroic, at least for now, so only thing I had no access to was azerite pieces. Everything else I can get at a high enough ilvl by just doing enough keys.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't mind McForging as much as I mind getting some legs out of Heroic Uldir, legs from the opening Warfront quest right after the raid, and legs in my Mythic+ chest in the morning.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Poppin off at 9k HPS and 7k DPS this week. God I love Vengeance.

Wish I could get one god damned Mythic 10 item to proc though. I haven't had it happen once yet, except for the pair of garbage boots I got in my Chest today that I won't use, those Forged. But shit I actually need refuses to forge. A buddy got the 2handed caster staff to go 390 + Socket today in the same run I got a 370 ring. It's so massively different it's nuts. 370 vs 390 + socket is like an entire raid tier.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I use those to buff up my ilvl when looking for PUGs and then just swap my actual gear back on when I'm invited. Game is retarded.
If you leave it in your bags it still shows on your group finder ilvl iirc.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Hit 14k HPS on Fetid Devourer baby, with only 9% overhealing.

If you leave it in your bags it still shows on your group finder ilvl iirc.

Wait, so group finder shows your highest possible ilvl no matter what? I've been swapping too, since people are too retarded to understand an optimized ilvl and my optimized ilvl and my highest ilvl are 5 ilvls apart. But if it's still showing them my max ilvl then I won't bother, although I think that's kind of silly? I dunno. I do know that once you reach a plateau of ilvl requirement (say a group sets their ilvl requirement to 350, and you've hit 352 but are wearing 348, that you will still be able to see their group listing and apply, but I didn't know that it also shows them that ilvl on the queue applicant window? I guess it's still good to swap for people with addons. I'm assuming raider.io addon shows ilvl down to the decimal?

Fucking hell I have a perfect 100% Atal'Dazar route down to the precise decimal and I had this +9 pug last night and after the third pull they are like "what the fuck are we doing" and "this is stupid where are we going?" Instead of just shutting the fuck up and trusting the route. Which by the way, isn't crazy, it's just 4 misc packs of little raptors and fear dactols before big Dino and then it's smooth sailing straightforward. Then they don't listen to me about going to the right on Dino and they wake up 4 raptors which proceed to rape us because of necrotic and they get back on the route thing. People are so retarded. Also, why are there people doing 10's that still don't know how to interrupt? It's honestly like pulling teeth to get DPS to use their fucking interrupts man.

Also, how do you do these Dungeon WQ's? Like there's one for King's Rest that says you have to kill a Malfunctioning Construct. Wtf is a Malfunctioning Construct within King's Rest? Are they only doable on regular Mythic or even only Heroic?

Last edited:

Ryoz

<Donor>
I don't mind McForging as much as I mind getting some legs out of Heroic Uldir, legs from the opening Warfront quest right after the raid, and legs in my Mythic+ chest in the morning.
Yea wtf is up with the leg drops though... I’ve gotten so many fkin legs....

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So all of the armor pieces swap main stat based on spec like from AGI to INT.

Used to the weapons did that before artifact ones. Now they don’t do that any more. Every weapon for weeks now that has been available from WQ’s or emissary are all Balance/Resto on my Druid.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ouch. If you haven't been hitting up warfronts, try that...otherwise I would look into setting up a M+ group. Even at low keys anything would be good.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wouldn't mind WF/TF as much if it was just the 0/2 or whatever Item Upgrade system they had before, and you sometimes got a level or 2 of the upgrade for free instead of having to pay for the upgrade, but every item still had the option to just pay for the upgrades. Toss the badges/currency for upgrading your items onto the Island Expeditions or Warfronts or whatever and tahdah I care a little about your subgame you desperately want me to care about but I currently don't.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Being able to actively upgrade pieces ala Mists was way better than the shit piece meal bullshit rng dependent system they've created. Instead of being able to invest time and upgrade pieces, I can just fucking luck out and proc a 390 piece. Good fucking times. Due to rng even someone who plays all the fucking time can still get fucked by rng. Yeah, that's good, bring that to the board of executives. I'm sure the players will love that shit. Was way better having to hold onto a piece, even if it was the same piece that needed to be upgraded or gemmed in order to actually equip it. Now we just hold onto a dozen Azerite pieces of the same slot in case the unfuck the traits or we manage to pick up a piece that's 15+ ilvl higher. Personal investment is so fucking disconnected with the current model of gearing it is literally making me not give a fuck. And with how little gear matter now, certainly hasn't helped. Effort or time to reward is completely fucked right now. It wouldn't surprise me if they released a pay for increased forging at this point. No single upgrade feels significant. And it isn't. With a 365 weapon, I'm no more powerful than a 320. Super fucking annoying. I'm sure it'd make a difference in mythic raiding having a few extra Hp.... But how the game works otherwise, I just feel I have no real reason to do anything except wait a month before AP scales a little better. I had fun in legion leveling my artifact weapon. That's lacking here. 2 ilvl on my amulet for 10x the effort.... Yeah, fuck that. If I didn't have a sub for several months I'd just disappear until the next raid tier. And even then, only to see the encounters outside LFR. Speaking of LFR, such hasn't been such aids since Cataclysm. Jesus Christ, I've sat and watched while it took an hour for a group to clear the bullshit trash before Zul. Don't pull multiple groups.... But they corpse crawl the same group over and over. The disparity between heavy players and mythic players is too fucking far. Not saying LFR should be a shove over, but the mechanics shouldn't brick wall a queued group because there are too many idiots who fail and throw their corpse at something over and over, preventing any progress. Yay. Fun.

• 1Solidarity