World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And what makes it worse is that not only does Ion recognize that most of the systems at the end of Legion were polished and much better overall for the playerbase, but he actually states, consistently, that is one of their design philosophies.

"You have to remember at the beginning of Legion this and that and the other thing didn't feel great and weren't very fun, but by the end of Legion everyone loved them! That's what we're doing in BfA. Our goal is to make everything suck shit at first so you're overjoyed with a system that is finally adequate after 15 hotfixes and patches."

Argarth

On the verandah
And what makes it worse is that not only does Ion recognize that most of the systems at the end of Legion were polished and much better overall for the playerbase, but he actually states, consistently, that is one of their design philosophies.

"You have to remember at the beginning of Legion this and that and the other thing didn't feel great and weren't very fun, but by the end of Legion everyone loved them! That's what we're doing in BfA. Our goal is to make everything suck shit at first so you're overjoyed with a system that is finally adequate after 15 hotfixes and patches."

And... "in the meantime, while the player base continues to scream blue bloody murder month after month ad nauseam, we continue to collect your shiny $$$$ just like we did in Legion. We know full well you saps have nowhere else to go. So suck it up buttercups, and see you in the next xpac for another round!!" -- (Copyright: Activision Inc.)

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I run a lot of M+. Have 2 regular groups but also PUG a lot. My raider.io score is 1391 and I've been joining a lot of groups trying to push higher keys but lately the groups who are trying to push have been filled with petulant little twats. I'm starting to realize I might be getting too old for this shit. I have no patience for people who lose their shit after one minor mishap and leave groups or start bickering with each other. These nerds all think they are on MDI teams.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
This is why we can't have nice things. Taken from the comments of the last Q&A post.

rogue-woes.png

rogue-woes2.png

Never actually set foot in an arena this season. Complains about not being able to get 1400. ???.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Why would we want to compare start of BFA to start of Legion though. Fuckers should be learning lessons, not going ass backwards every expansion. It went from fun to not fun, simple.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You mean make a system that is designed to last longer than one expansion? That's impossible!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Suramar City

That post-release quest sequence of slowly unlocked additional content / plotline elements kept me engaged for a great many weeks in Legion. Between the continually shifting quests in the city itself to the semi-independent challenges like the withered WQ there was a nice chunk of solo-based content that was quite engaging.

I'm actually stunned that there is nothing at all equivalent in BfA. I would have thought they'd see what a success Suramar and the later areas like Broken Shore / Argus were and double-down on such continually progressive content and instead they retreated back from it in favor of the Island Expedition and Warfront bullshit. I.Es could be fun but end up being more annoying than anything and the Warfront system is just a bad idea that was poorly implemented.
The dead Wayne (I call him dead Batman) quest series that popped every few days seemed like it was going somewhere, but then it just stopped.... That's the only remnant I've seen.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The dead Wayne (I call him dead Batman) quest series that popped every few days seemed like it was going somewhere, but then it just stopped.... That's the only remnant I've seen.
It unlocks dailies in that area when you are done with them. Lackluster at best and completed at this point.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Forbes Interview with Ion Hazzikostas on Battle for Azeroth's Launch
Forbes sat down with Ion Hazzikostas to discuss the launch of BfA and hot topics from the community.

• The team has enjoyed seeing the millions of people dive into the world of Battle for Azeroth.
  • Ion admits that there was some major issues at launch such as the auction house lag and the Legion Mythic + data carrying over to the first week of BfA Mythic +.
  • When they introduce major new systems, there's a lot to learn in terms of player feedback, from the beta to seeing millions of people interacting with them in a much more real way.
  • The team is actively trying to bring Azerite Traits in line with each other via Hotfix.
  • The "we told you our issues during beta" criticism is always tricky because there are many different people with many different opinions and play styles doing a variety of different content. It is impossible to please everyone, but they are always listening.
  • Things like long ramp up times for Shadow Priests and Feral Druids are major concerns because it essentially does make them irrelevant for the environment of Mythic +, and the team recognizes that as a problem.
  • The team makes sure that the core systems of the expansion are polished and ready to go, but realize that they can't delay an entire expansion for millions of players if a specific class or spec is not perfect.
  • Ion never said that the classes were not complete in the Q & A in which he said certain specs needed to wait for a patch to get adjustments, just that some of them needed to be adjusted and looked at still.
  • The truth of the matter is that classes are never complete in WoW and are always being adjusted and iterated. Often times changes in beta require other unforeseen additional changes in live.
  • The team recognizes that pressing several abilities on the global cooldown that do nothing but buff your character is not good gameplay and plan to address it (such as with frost death knight). They want to further develop classes so that these abilities do more than just buff.
  • Gameplay hasn't necessarily slowed down so much as whenever a new expansion launches stats have to be brought down as a character levels in order to stop characters from getting ridiculous stat percentages.
  • The team's top priority as of now is getting out content consistently and working on the Azerite System and the feel of Island Expeditions.
  • Azerite Armor was easily accessible in early game, but the team realizes that it became hard to acquire as you progressed in item level.
  • They are looking at how they can improve delivery of Azerite armor to get it into player's hands without also just having a loot hose where suddenly everyone is drowning in the stuff and it doesn't feel like it's even a reward anymore. They want to find a happy medium.
  • The team wants the Azerite powers to be more than just an externally solved math problem and give decisions such as what is most enjoyable for gameplay.
  • The team likes some sort of mystery that requires players to solve such as with Reorigination Array. They like to see players figuring out that this special buff takes 3 bosses per week to upgrade and that it basically happens organically as you raid.
  • The team recognizes that they could have done a better job explaining the different phases that happen during Warfront progression.
  • The team also recognizes that they should have explained the changes to the amount of loot rewarded from your weekly cache before BfA went live.
  • The team still wants Island Expeditions to be the best way to obtain Azerite and will continue to iterate on Island Expedition rewards as a whole.
  • They want Island Expeditions to feel more like questing and exploring in the world while leveling, meaning more clear roads and camps that lead to quests and objectives that are more dynamic.
  • The main source of pride for this expansion is the art team and the world that they created.
  • The team is happy with how War Mode turned out as well as the dungeons and raid.
  • It was awesome to see the race for Mythic World First.
Some if this is the exact opposite of what he said in his Q&A.

• 1Worf

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Come on bro, there were lessons learned.

Also fuck beta feedback because different people have different opinions. If shits broken that's just like your opinion, man.

The team makes sure that the core systems of the expansion are polished and ready to go, but realize that they can't delay an entire expansion for millions of players if a specific class or spec is not perfect.

i.e. sorry if your class/spec is fucked but we had to rush this out, we'll fix it in 6 months (maybe)

xzi

Mouthbreather
I can let them get away with introducing azerite being as retarded as it is, since we only got like one WEEK of testing azerite, and none of it was raid/dungeon azerite either. They just didn't test that system at all.

But I fucking hate when they talk about the GCD like motherfucker literally since day 1 of the alpha literally everybody was like "This is stupid and bad and makes the game feel worse to play" and they've ignored it constantly and consistently since day 1. So just NOW they're realizing there's issues with GCD? lmao amazing, actually. Completely impressed.

• 1Like