World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
What's a good way to farm gold in bfa? I have no professions atm could pick up any

I'm not a goblin. Having said that mats still sell okay. You could dual gather ore and herbs and be okay. Alechemy is the only money making profession as a consequence there is a shit load of alchemists. Enchanting makes some gold too not as much as Alchemy. Other than this your only hopes for making any kind of real money is flipping assets on the AH by buying something low and selling high. Be very very careful right now because this current economy is meant to drain gold. So prices on items are dropping. They haven't reached pre WoD prices and likely never will but your average player doesn't want to spend a lot of money right now.

Your other option for making gold is farming rare xmog or mounts. If you farm BfA mounts you'll likely get a few BoE's as well. However the prices on BoE are dropping as well because 8.1 is getting close. If you're smart planing ahead for 8.1 with a gold making strategy will pay off. I made an easy mil when BfA dropped with very little prep. You likely won't do so well on a content patch but if you formulate a startegy and try to find a niche for yourself you can do very well.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Inscription is still a big money maker, especially with Tomes of the Tranquil Mind and if you can figure out which glyphs sell reasonably well on your server. Tailoring can make money on the 32 slot bags if they actually sell on your server (high pop server) and you figure out how to create expulsom at a good price. Cooking seems to finally be a viable money maker as well now.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disenchanting is okay. I drop it, store up tons of bops and then take it again to disenchant. The purple shards sell for 700 to 1k on my server. Herbs sell well. For inscription I have found having it saves me more money then it makes.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
New Consecration.

DrXn_VtVsAIJ4EV.jpg

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
All the new pally animations look pretty great. Can't wait to slut around in my glorious plate set with updated sparkles.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So...am I the only person that doesn’t have Raider.IO? I’ve got 29 days left. Only m+ i did was with guild group. We never bothered. They’re all mostly gone. I think I’ll be retiring earlier.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
So...am I the only person that doesn’t have Raider.IO? I’ve got 29 days left. Only m+ i did was with guild group. We never bothered. They’re all mostly gone. I think I’ll be retiring earlier.

The only person that takes mythic+ semi seriously? Probably. I get tons of people that apply to my +10s with like a 150 to 200 score and when I decline them I'll get a whisper about how high their ilevel is. So I tell them their IO is just way too low for me to roll the dice on them since I'm carrying an alt or something for their chest already. The usual answer is either "fuck yourself elitist scum" or "what is IO".

So the mod/website use isn't probably super wide spread and since you don't seem to care about M+ then you are fine. Its when someone thinks their 368 ilevel harvested solely from Emissary, weekly events, and war fronts thinks they should be considered for a key because their ilevel is decent you have a problem.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
LOL r/wow had Ion for an interview.

• Legendaries
    • They want to avoid past experiences of having players get lucky and being 20% stronger than anyone else because of it, guilds having bad luck and getting no legendary drops, or stacking players because they have legendaries.
These fucking clowns. No shit, that equally goes for all this WF/TF garbage.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only person that takes mythic+ semi seriously? Probably. I get tons of people that apply to my +10s with like a 150 to 200 score and when I decline them I'll get a whisper about how high their ilevel is. So I tell them their IO is just way too low for me to roll the dice on them since I'm carrying an alt or something for their chest already. The usual answer is either "fuck yourself elitist scum" or "what is IO".

So the mod/website use isn't probably super wide spread and since you don't seem to care about M+ then you are fine. Its when someone thinks their 368 ilevel harvested solely from Emissary, weekly events, and war fronts thinks they should be considered for a key because their ilevel is decent you have a problem.
Don't get me wrong...I love Mythic+. I just can't be bothered to download that now that I know about it and I literally just learned about it. I ran mostly all guild group last xpac in those. Right now, i usually have no problem when i do groups since I make my own or apply as a tank. I only recently really noticed in the listings when I did pug. Again, being tank seems to exclude you from a lot as peeps get desperate.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL r/wow had Ion for an interview.

• Legendaries
    • They want to avoid past experiences of having players get lucky and being 20% stronger than anyone else because of it, guilds having bad luck and getting no legendary drops, or stacking players because they have legendaries.
These fucking clowns. No shit, that equally goes for all this WF/TF garbage.

Leggo system would've been perfect if you could just target the legos.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wtf is raider io
Some like modded gear score?

Raider IO is a website that takes the data from the weekly Mythic+ leaderboards, assigns scores to everything, and then gives each player a composite score based on their performance. You do X dungeon with Y affixes in Z time and you get a score for that dungeon. Add up your score for each dungeon and that's your total. I didn't like it initially but it's entirely merit based.

Khane

Right, it's based off your actual experience in M+. Has nothing to do with gear and everything to do with what keys you've done and how fast. You don't actually need the add on, the website automatically tracks your progress so long as you are completing runs that make it onto the Blizzard leaderboards. The add on is just nice to have in game so you can mouse over someone and see their score:

WoW Rankings - Raider.IO

Speaking of M+, I've noticed a lot lately how socially inept so many people who play this game are. Today I dotted the first two adds on the first boss in a Siege 15 because the tank just did a pull timer and never said they were going to be trying to CC them. Immediately he says "Warlock dotted the adds, 1600 raider.io and still a terrible player". Lol. I'll tell you what though, most of these nerds have no idea what to say when you call them a twat and tell them to shut the fuck up and just finish the key. Dude was stone cold silent the rest of the run. It was like the 3rd time in as many runs one of the players got bent out of shape for some minor thing that happened during the dungeon. It seems to be happening so often I actually get frustrated before I even queue now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Right, it's based off your actual experience in M+. Has nothing to do with gear and everything to do with what keys you've done and how fast. You don't actually need the add on, the website automatically tracks your progress so long as you are completing runs that make it onto the Blizzard leaderboards. The add on is just nice to have in game so you can mouse over someone and see their score:

WoW Rankings - Raider.IO

Speaking of M+, I've noticed a lot lately how socially inept so many people who play this game are. Today I dotted the first two adds on the first boss in a Siege 15 because the tank just did a pull timer and never said they were going to be trying to CC them. Immediately he says "Warlock dotted the adds, 1600 raider.io and still a terrible player". Lol. I'll tell you what though, most of these nerds have no idea what to say when you call them a twat and tell them to shut the fuck up and just finish the key. Dude was stone cold silent the rest of the run. It was like the 3rd time in as many runs one of the players got bent out of shape for some minor thing that happened during the dungeon. It seems to be happening so often I actually get frustrated before I even queue now.

Online games in general are full of toxic players. People have forgotten that the point of games is to have fun.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

WoW Rankings - Raider.IO

Socially inept is right. Having to deal with it will go away once the most efficient clear routes are established for each run. People are creatures of habit and so get thrown off when you go for the death run method in motherlode (pull all mobs left wall after the mining cart then death run bombs) or just head up the middle after the cart and clear all. People never consider that someone does a different variation on the run which also leads to timing the key.

Khane

Socially inept is right. Having to deal with it will go away once the most efficient clear routes are established for each run. People are creatures of habit and so get thrown off when you go for the death run method in motherlode (pull all mobs left wall after the mining cart then death run bombs) or just head up the middle after the cart and clear all. People never consider that someone does a different variation on the run which also leads to timing the key.

I had 2 fun groups to play with, both fell apart as people quit or started to bicker with each other when the climb started to slow. The problem is that the season has progressed enough that most people who aren't miserable human beings have already found a group they tend to run with. Most of the people who still pug, are doing so because they don't get invited back to regular groups because of their attitude. So now that my group and friends list is dwindling because of how bad BfA is outside of M+ (and even that is suspect, considering how frustrating and annoying most of the dungeons are) I find myself trying to pug to find a new group to push with.

It also doesn't help that the veil has been pulled back on my class in regards to M+. Affliction warlock raw output was top tier at the beginning of the expansion but now that other classes have geared up and initial balancing rounds have gone out people have realized that our trash damage is meh at best and many other classes bring comparable ST boss damage while also having either better group utility or much better trash damage. It's starting to become difficult to get invites whereas I used to be almost an insta-invite until about a week ago.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I still love warlocks in high keys. Battle rez and lock skips are more then enough to bring them to your standard high key. Not having to ever do that pack in front the totem boss in atal is so great.

My favorite group comp as a tank is frost mage, demon hunter, aff lock. I dont mind subbing the lock for a BM or boomy, but then even high score hunters can ninja pull more often then someone would think and the boomy means you need to bring rogue instead of the DH to bring boss damage up. That means giving up darkness and I hate that.

I will say that dps class diversity in bfa M+ is lacking compared to legion. Pretty much right now if you aren't a frost mage, DH, BM, Rogue, Aff lock, or boomy I do not want you anywhere near my key. The trash mobs are just that unforgiving that you need good dps and utility. You cannot just bring dps.

Khane

Problem is Mage + DH are pretty much required for an Aff Lock to keep their damage competitive. Aff Locks get hurt so much in groups that use drums because 5% haste is huge for us since it's by far our best ST stat. Every group wants a rogue so that means that the DH needs to be the tank, which is fine, but then you really need that Frost Mage for slow kiting. Even with lock utility it's annoying looking at end of run DPS and seeing mages, rogues, DHs, hunters at 19k and me sitting at 15k. Especially considering how much harder I have to work on trash to get decent damage output. Let me tell you how annoying maintaining agony is on multiple targets when shit is getting knocked around and you're also trying to interrupt, purge and stun when needed. They need to give Demo locks an interrupt or lower felguard stun to 15 seconds or something so I can live the natural cleave good life.