World of Warcraft: Current Year

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
The low level leveling process is one of the few changes I just can't wrap my head around. It's so stupid. It's gotta be to sell boosts.

Its for new players. I've leveled with a lot of friends who were playing the game for the first time , some before the changes some after. The new changes help let new people actually play the game. Before they would get to like max level and have no idea what was going on because the entire game was them watching shit get instantly slaughtered. You'd out level zones and quests while half way through them, you had no sense of rotation or anything, no idea how the game actually plays, zero connection to your characters. IF your levelling an alt that's fine cause you don't give a shit, but if its your first time in WoW its a pretty terrible experience. The changes helped that a lot. Of course it wans't perfect, some classes need major rehauls of when they get key skills, theres some level ranges just took way to much time. And it was pretty shit for people who just wanted to power level an alt up to max asap. These xp changes should help with the dead zones, but they could proabbly buff bonus xp on heirloom gear too so people who want to just level alts can do that faster.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They need to implement that leveling change already, don't make us wait until 8.1, wtf.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Glad I decided not to kill myself trying to level the last few alts I need to

Khane

At least they are listening to us. Finally. I love the whole "Well we just got the data wrong!" line though.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Isn’t 8.1 in a month? Anyway...I’m struggling to log in and finish reps. And it’s all because of the Diablo fiasco coupled with their double down statements for mobile.

Sigh. I’m one of the few sick apologists that were still somewhat enjoying the game.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't know I still enjoy aspects of the game but only certain ones. I enjoy raiding, partly for the comradery with some of you shitlords even though we had a fair number of faggots bounce off, so I enjoyed raiding and doing M+ this is 99% if what I want to do when I log in. The other small part I farm stupid bullshit for pretty princess fairytail dress up time, and mounts.

The sad part is this xpac has been so bad nobody even wants to log in to do even that shit. Part of me wonders if I look for greener pastures with more people who play and clear more shit if I will have fun or just kill my desire to log in faster.

Caeden

I like mythic + a lot. Most of my crew bounced so I’m pugging. I’m also shameless for pretty princess dress up too and I do enjoy rep grinding somewhat and alt leveling. No time to raid with baby on way and my job.

By and large, I do think Ion, Furor, etc care about the game, even if I disagree with decisions that Ion makes. Hell, I think Jay Wilson cared about Diablo. He just didn’t get it.

I’m just afraid actual gamers have no pull there now.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I don't know I still enjoy aspects of the game but only certain ones. I enjoy raiding, partly for the comradery with some of you shitlords even though we had a fair number of faggots bounce off, so I enjoyed raiding and doing M+ this is 99% if what I want to do when I log in. The other small part I farm stupid bullshit for pretty princess fairytail dress up time, and mounts.

The sad part is this xpac has been so bad nobody even wants to log in to do even that shit. Part of me wonders if I look for greener pastures with more people who play and clear more shit if I will have fun or just kill my desire to log in faster.

Mythic+ is the only worthwhile thing in the game right now from a skill and fun standpoint, and until you hit the low 1100+ range on IO i wouldn't want to pug. I'd move on if you can't find guild/friend groups that run them on the regular where you are. Otherwise it is literally just mog runs and the two-three hours a week to clear norm/heroic Uldir if you aren't mythic raiding.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like mythic + a lot. Most of my crew bounced so I’m pugging. I’m also shameless for pretty princess dress up too and I do enjoy rep grinding somewhat and alt leveling. No time to raid with baby on way and my job.

By and large, I do think Ion, Furor, etc care about the game, even if I disagree with decisions that Ion makes. Hell, I think Jay Wilson cared about Diablo. He just didn’t get it.

I’m just afraid actual gamers have no pull there now.

It's retarded when people think otherwise. I don't think you find yourself with that job in this industry without giving a shit.

They might have fucked up, but I'd never doubt that they are passionate about what they do.

Caeden

It's retarded when people think otherwise. I don't think you find yourself with that job in this industry without giving a shit.

They might have fucked up, but I'd never doubt that they are passionate about what they do.
I’ll not deny that I’ve long defended Ion. Even prior to Blizzard it was plain to see he loved games, but loved WoW most of all. I just think his talent is encounter design. He seems too overwhelmed by numbers at a high level to design fun systems.

Or he’s been given 2/3 the resources he used to have and is being asked to jump rope with one hand and a blindfold like every other technical job at a US corporation. (Nope. Not bitter here. At all.)

Khane

No, he just thought he knew better what players wanted than they did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its for new players. I've leveled with a lot of friends who were playing the game for the first time , some before the changes some after. The new changes help let new people actually play the game. Before they would get to like max level and have no idea what was going on because the entire game was them watching shit get instantly slaughtered. You'd out level zones and quests while half way through them, you had no sense of rotation or anything, no idea how the game actually plays, zero connection to your characters. IF your levelling an alt that's fine cause you don't give a shit, but if its your first time in WoW its a pretty terrible experience. The changes helped that a lot. Of course it wans't perfect, some classes need major rehauls of when they get key skills, theres some level ranges just took way to much time. And it was pretty shit for people who just wanted to power level an alt up to max asap. These xp changes should help with the dead zones, but they could proabbly buff bonus xp on heirloom gear too so people who want to just level alts can do that faster.
I have been leveling a dark iron dwarf character up for the heritage armor. I have yet to party with someone who wasn't wearing heritage armor.

If it really is helping new players then I guess I am cool with it. I guess I am to cynical to understand it. When I pug on my main in M+ I see people in 370 gear doing 8k dps. I'm not sure leveling helped their rotation any :)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I think the leveling changes add some value to first time levelers or people who are looking for that single player experience as a break from end game or whatever. It just kills the replay value for those who want to do end game on multiple classes. Seems to me they could ease that by just boosting dungeon experience and giving people that path as the fast and dirty way to get to whatever last expacs top level was.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
WoW Classic was the same TBH. Maybe you died a bit more, but the map being highlighted/where to go has been in the game since day 1.
Are you sure that's not an addon? Because I think that, on my first day in WoW, I had the quest journal, and that's it. No sidebar tracker, no map zone highlights, nothing... until I found QuestHelper (much much later)...

Xerge

<Donor>
Are you sure that's not an addon? Because I think that, on my first day in WoW, I had the quest journal, and that's it. No sidebar tracker, no map zone highlights, nothing... until I found QuestHelper (much much later)...

Pretty sure if you weren't a casual or new to mmos you were alt tabbing to thottbot for quest info. Funny how thottbot.com redirects to classic.wowhead.com now.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Worked in the biz for a few years. After the initial excitement wears off, it's just a job like any other job. Worse actually. The pay sucks, the hours suck and the people who make creative decisions are usually ego driven and bad managers. The people in the longest have mortgages, kids and massive bills like everyone else. They are just putting in their time because they don't know how to do anything else.

The gaming industry as a whole, especially in the PC arena, is largely older now. Their passion left them years ago. Most of the kids are doing mobile, like it or not.

• 1Like