World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've played on and off for a long time but I've hurt myself pretty badly by playing in an unfocused manner. Instead of having a reasonable stable of available characters that I've been assembling for the last decade I've got a sea of abandoned characters from different eras spread across a dozen servers on both sides. It's this whole sea of time spent leveling that I can't consolidate without spending money and it gnaws at me. I'd really like the leveling experience to not be shit so I didn't feel stuck. Right now I feel stuck.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
8.1 is going to fix that. Yes they are putting a potion in the in-game store but they are also basically fully reverting all the experience changes they made in 7.3.5. Leveling should be fast again even without the pots.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's two potions. One is in-store, and another you can buy with a new in-game token currency.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Since FoH has pretty much stopped raiding due to burnout, disappearing, or whatever I am at the point where I am tempted just to join another guild.

Goddamn am I point where I am just ready to cancel for a bit.
Yep, we don't have enough people left to do anything, really. I won't go anywhere else. I don't have it in me. Feel free to do whatever.

I am subbed for another 5 months or so because of that bullshit mount deal. lol.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wait. What?

This is the one that was talked about already: Enduring Elixir of Wisdom

This is the other one: Draught of Ten Lands

The 2nd one was mentioned by a couple people as being on a vendor and requiring some kind of commendation reward you get from doing the new invasions/assaults.

The 1st one is believed to be considered for foreign realms which have a limit on play time, and so their playerbase suffers tremendously from a lack of high end players because no one sticks around long enough to wade through the leveling process.

(edit)
Actually found it, I was having trouble with the PTR version of WoW crashing so couldn't stay on too long.

hbcomm1.png

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yep, we don't have enough people left to do anything, really. I won't go anywhere else. I don't have it in me. Feel free to do whatever.

I am subbed for another 5 months or so because of that bullshit mount deal. lol.

It's pretty sad that even I've stopped logging in. I was one of the few who routinely logged in between Legion and BfA, but even I can't be bothered to deal with the shitpile that is BfA.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's pretty sad that even I've stopped logging in. I was one of the few who routinely logged in between Legion and BfA, but even I can't be bothered to deal with the shitpile that is BfA.
Actually, I was just thinking this the other day. I saw you logging in at the end of Legion when it all went to crap, and even you aren't investing any time in the shit sandwich that is BfA.

I'll still be on from time to time but there's really no point in doing much of anything now. Why bother gearing up for content I won't actually experience or give a shit about? Meh.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Great time to level alts, especially if they're in a prime position to be done so easily. If not, the prep work before the 8.1 improvements is doable too. Demon Hunters and Death Knights both have obnoxious introduction quest lines that you can blow out if you've always wanted to have one. DHs fall right into Legion where you can casually log on, bang out an invasion for easy exp, then log them out. This is also good for any character you have sub-111.

Get your quests done to unlock Allied Races too, so that way you can level them up easy mode when the patch hits.

Find a way to make gold easy too, so that way you're good to go with whatever you want to do in 8.1 and don't have to worry about that when you're actually doing content.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
8.1 is going to fix that. Yes they are putting a potion in the in-game store but they are also basically fully reverting all the experience changes they made in 7.3.5. Leveling should be fast again even without the pots.

The potions help offset the nerfing of the refer a friend leveling buff so if you just want to level some alts faster you don't need to cheese refer a friend and just but a pot for the same effect basically. The changes they are showing for 8.1 should basically fix this problem and then you still have the scaling so you can still have fun doing zones you want to do when leveling but still advance rapidly enough not to be a slog. Also note the old draenor potions and legion invasions will still be a thing so once you get to 90 leveling should be really fast till you catch up to bfa. And for all the grumping and griping about bfa it is by far the easiest to level an alt to that expansions max right from the launch of it than we have seen in ages. The island stuff is stupidly good xp if you have rested experience. Throw in some of those during leveling an alt and you can hit max level fast.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're only looking at normal and heroic there's nothing wrong with pugging. I pug raided a lot.
If you get yourself setup to 340 which can be done fast with warzones normal raiding probably is not a whole hell of a lot harder than lfr. The fights are a bit more challenging but generally you are on voice coms so coordination is easier.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Much harder to find a more static pug as a tank. You aren't needed most of the time.

Easy enough to jump into some random but they're usually disorganized as fuck.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Much harder to find a more static pug as a tank. You aren't needed most of the time.

Easy enough to jump into some random but they're usually disorganized as fuck.

This is one of the reasons I stopped playing my tank. My guild kinda fell apart and most guilds had their tanks that were max geared and you only really need two tanks typically so there just are not many slots for them. Healers usually a good way to go if you want to pug raid enough of them needed that they typically are willing to grab you up as long as you are in the ball park of gear needed.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Four accounts in my house cancelled. Was logging just to do dailies and some islands to lvl neck and at some point it just became completely pointless .

The faction vendors are complete garbage by the time you get exhaulted . I know faction rewards being meh is normal but they take quite awhile to do why not give a decent bonus for doing them?

Spends weeks and weeks for less reward then one 20 min Warfront .

This may finally be my last wow sub. I felt the same about eq a while back just knowing it wasn’t going to be another break but finally the end .

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the faction armor pieces should be BOA that way if you level an alt you could go to your character who had the rep and buy the stuff and send it to the alt. By the time you can earn that rep you are will past needing the item even playing pretty casually.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Listen... those rewards taking so long to get and being completely unusable by the time you get them is the only thing stopping people from cancelling their subs.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users