World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Canceled my sub last week cause I feel like the game is in abysmal state. WoW has ran it course. I never quit the game so early in an expansion before. I'll keep an eye out on it and maybe be back if things has gotten better.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I unsubscribed as well. In its current state it felt like the game was playing me more than I was playing it. If a game requires a substantial time investment I'm fine with that but I despise being managed. So much of the game's content revolves around thinly veiled mechanisms designed to get me to log on a couple times a day and to do chores I don't really want to do out of a sense of obligation or fear of missing out / falling behind. I liked the story and the raids but all of the other nuts and bolts are just too Skinner Boxian for me to stick with the game on a month to month basis. I want less structure and I want less of the game setting my goals for me.

I'm also the kind of person that can't not immediately check the mission table when I wake up in the morning so it's either the first thing I do every day of my life while I have an active subscription or I have to cancel the whole thing. For now I'm canceling the whole thing. I also hate that fucking necklace and everything that's attached to it and I hate that goddamn scrapper.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Well I came back after 7 years and I have no idea WTF is in my bags, or where to go to do anything. I'm not even sure what character to attempt to play now. Mistakes were made.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I canceled my sub as well. Have both a Horde and Alliance 120, Alliance side is completely Exulted (accept for a bit of Tortollan which I will finish before my sub expires), and my Horde side is sitting at Honored/Revered for everything, but I can't muster the give a fuck to stick with it. I may resub after 8.1 has been on deck for a bit, but it's really gonna depend on if it manages to bring any of my friends back, which is looking unlikely.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
A video game shouldn’t have daily chores to do. Eat shit Ion. Also the Blizzcon thing and them talking about how they pulled talent from all their IPs to work on mobile just makes me not want to support this company.

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Well I came back after 7 years and I have no idea WTF is in my bags, or where to go to do anything. I'm not even sure what character to attempt to play now. Mistakes were made.
I think it's important that first thing you do is install the addon Bagnon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Icyveins.com has good enough guides to get you started and allow you to read up on each class. Find the dungion Journal button in the menus (in ElvUi right click the minimap) and it should give you options of where you should go. The big map should also list the level of the zones while leveling.

ElvUI is the only addon you need (for now), an AIO package of mods. If you start raiding, you will need deadly boss mods, or BigWigs.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Less than 25 days left on my sub. I thought it’d only been going since Legion continuously, but my credit card sheet says it’s been going since near beginning of warlords this time around.

Couldn’t even be bothered to log in to finish emissaries for the last of my rep or do the world boss this week much less any actual real content.

I still check a few fansites. Maybe 8.1 will get a sub later...

Fucker

Log Wizard
I would cancel, but I stupidly bought a bunch of game time with gold. I fired up the launcher today and noticed they are giving out free copies of Destiny 2.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I'm in Mana Tombs for TW and the nexus terrors cast something called Curse of Impotence that reduces all magic damage you deal by 16k+. Which means all my spells do 1 damage.

• 2Worf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm in Mana Tombs for TW and the nexus terrors cast something called Curse of Impotence that reduces all magic damage you deal by 16k+. Which means all my spells do 1 damage.
Lol seems legit.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It’s well tuned, these things. I noticed endless adds from the gauntlet on RoS last week while doing a glaive run and am not surprised this bug carried over to the time walking.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Everything they introduce sucks shit and has to be patched since they are to lazy to test a fucking thing these days.

I logged in today opened my weekly chests and felt no desire to do more, looked at the shit affixes this week for M+ and logged out, fortified and teeming should never overlap by the way. I hope these faggots start hemorrhaging money.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I would assume they are since ATVI (Activision-Blizzard) stock has dropped almost twenty bucks since Blizzcon.

Oct 25th = $70..32
Nov 13th = $52.55

It was back-and-forth from 70 to 80 most of the year, then bombed out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user