World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Method hit 10%, then Blizzard randomly hotfixed something that ruined their strategy, then un-hotfixed it ???

I guess they hotfixed Jaina's tide elemental to not be vulnerable to interrupts. From watching their streams this evening I think that is still how things are. They had a 9.9% run with it in place at the very end of the night.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They took it out because it broke other parts of the encounter. You can basically guarantee that will be a mechanic.

I think it's only not interruptable at 100% energy

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
"You are supposed to kill it. Why you try not to kill it? Therefore, if you do not kill it, it will wipe your raid"

(there is ONE legal strategy to kill a raid boss, any other strategy will be prevented)

xzi

Mouthbreather
I decided to blast some PvP last minute to get 1400 for free gear before reset

Look at the size of this fuckin shield on my tauren lmao

SYASFyh.jpg

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand why Method doesn't do phase 3 as intended. They probably would have beaten it by now. Their healers aren't out of Mana in the videos I have watched where they make phase 3. It just seems dumb to try and cheese out something that just takes some planning. It feels like some of these heroic only guilds I have been in that try and cheese out stuff they saw on a stream someplace and end up wiping for like 20 tries.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I haven't played in a week or two and haven't even felt a twinge to try to log in. Probably cancel soon unless they are putting flying quest in in the next few days. Getting rid of legendaries and class sets was the dumbest shit ever. Class sets are what made WOW as popular as it once was. They were gameplay changers and looked badass. Unless they ditch Ion, this game will be on life support before the end of this xpac's cycle, and noone will be coming back for another helping of this shit.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I don't understand why Method doesn't do phase 3 as intended. They probably would have beaten it by now. Their healers aren't out of Mana in the videos I have watched where they make phase 3. It just seems dumb to try and cheese out something that just takes some planning. It feels like some of these heroic only guilds I have been in that try and cheese out stuff they saw on a stream someplace and end up wiping for like 20 tries.

How are they cheesing phase 3? Looks like they're trying to DPS Jaina down quickly.

edit: Oh, how they don't take out the tide elemental?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Nice. They did a great job on the Forsaken transmogs. My DK got this one yesterday from the i400 Darkshore quest.

dkgs1.jpg

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I really like all the weapons. I'm using the 1h axe right now that is like a spine with a scythe blade on it. Very metal.

• 1Solidarity

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
It's impossible to deal with the elemental right now. If you kill it it splits in 2 which you also have to kill. The amount of raid damage going out means they won't survive long enough to actually down the splits (the splits do the same abilities as the big one). All the while you have stacks ramping on the raid and if one person gets iceblocked it's a wipe (stacks are unavoidable). While jaina is up she's also summoning prismatic images which replicate her abilities, the rate they are going they'll get 2, if they kill the elemental they'll be 3-4 up at the end.

The only feasible strat to deal with the elemental is hold lust past the icewall then lust during the last phase to force jaina to iceblock, deal with the elemental, then swap back to her...even then it would be pushing it to deal with them before lust fades. And getting through the wall is a big dps check at the moment.

They reverted the hotfix back to what it was. Methods best was 7% now it's just waiting for good rng and no icefalls dropping on the raid.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are they cheesing phase 3? Looks like they're trying to DPS Jaina down quickly.

edit: Oh, how they don't take out the tide elemental?
Or the mirror images. The intended mechanic is to kill the elemental before kicking Jaina and then moving to and killing the images as they spawn.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
In before 5% secret phase is Jaina opening a portal to Durotar and the raid respawns (permanently) as level 1 orcs ushering in the launch of WoW Classic.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Or the mirror images. The intended mechanic is to kill the elemental before kicking Jaina and then moving to and killing the images as they spawn.

Right, but, the elemental splits into several other elementals. Do the elementals eventually stop splitting?

xzi

Mouthbreather
In before 5% secret phase is Jaina opening a portal to Durotar and the raid respawns (permanently) as level 1 orcs ushering in the launch of WoW Classic.

Honestly would be the coolest way to handle the launch of classic lol

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

SYASFyh.jpg
Lol thats great. I always like a nice sizable shield so many are just dinky especially on tauren.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right, but, the elemental splits into several other elementals. Do the elementals eventually stop splitting?
They never tried and I haven't watched any other streams. My guess would be yes but with out being there I don't know.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Actually, when they first started practicing Jaina, they did kill the Tide Lord and it spawned into 2? 4? smaller elementals. I don't think they lived very long after that, though.