World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So nothing changed, they are just being hyperbolic whiners? Because I'm pretty damn sure it makes no sense at all to say that pvp gear is only useful in battlegrounds if it functions the same both in and out of bgs. And resilience is still pretty goddamn huge.

EDIT: Just finished a 2 hour, 10 minute second wing of SoO. 18% berserk on Nazgrim. Tanks with 496 ilevel, pvp gear, and 540k hp who still outdamaged five dps, all of which were under 60k.

Bonus: I wasn't even there for the first boss (galakras)
You have the worst fucking luck with LFR. I've had some doozies but mostly my runs are smooth.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
PvP gear: On most pieces, the extra PvP power is worth about 15-20 ilvls of DPS increase, though that also varies a bit on your class. There are some exceptions though, like the trinket set or weapons which have a very large PvP power bonus. If you have upgraded flex gear, then it'll be better than 522 PvP gear for world PvP. For a weapon, you probably need a 561+ weapon to be better than a 522 weapon. TG Warriors can cheat this though; they can have a good main hand raid weapon and put the 522 in their off hand for the huge PvP power bonus.

So, PvP gear has a breaking point where it is useless outside of BGs/arenas, but that's not going to apply everybody.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Cool, thanks. It sounds like a good myth to perpetuate. "PVP gear is all worthless!" (heh heh, suckers..) It seems built on the idea that people who take the time to do normal/heroic raids shouldn't be dogmeat to every scrub that takes a couple hours a week capping out PVP points. Because the time invested is horribly slanted these days. Normal+ raiding is pretty much the only thing that takes any time or effort anymore. In the past PVP gear was a hellish grind but that is long gone. Still, by removing resilience it does seem like there isn't quite enough pvp power on the set if upgraded flex/baseline normal raid gear is better.

I only have the two 496 trinkets. But then the only BGs I've done are for the cloak quest, heh. I like doing them on hunter, but I'm not spending a lot of time playing the game thanks to a raging BF4 addiction.

At any rate, fuck questing in full PVP gear just in case PVP happens. Not that it ever helped much.

PS: What are rogues doing that disarm me for 8 fucking seconds after their damn stuns?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Ah, I thought all disarms were set to 4 or 5 seconds ages ago so I was really surprised when my hotbars filled up with 8s. Anyway, it just forces me to ice trap him, ho-hum.

Getting used to using all of those abilities I barely ever have to think about to be more than moderately effective in PVP might be beyond the scope of what I'm willing to put into wow until the expansion comes.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Finally got the Galakras trinket in normal mode. Now I'm just confined to running the shittiest wing on other modes for the Thok trinket, of which I will get in normal mode a day or two after getting it in Flex or LFR.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thok Tailtip Trinket makes me sad. I need it on my monk, but so far down the list in the raid group for it.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Thok Tailtip Trinket makes me sad. I need it on my monk, but so far down the list in the raid group for it.
I know agi users don't get an amp trinket, but isn't there a better alternative than using a str proc trinket?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When your crit is approaching 70% baseline raid buffs, and more with procs due to ilvl silliness, not really. The STR proc is worth 1AP per strength, so you're trading off a half-strength AP proc for a continuous high-percentage increase to your damage. For comparison, Harrom's (The other good single-target trinket) is about a 4%-6% damage increase trinket, while the Heroic Tailtip can often equal or exceed that just from the Amplification (And don't forget them leet crit heals yo, get them green oozes to full with your green balls~), before considering the mastery and haste gains.

It's not as useful for me as it is for say, a Fury Warrior. But it's still a very strong trinket
smile.png

I wish the cooldown-reduction trinkets for Monk hadn't sucked donkey balls (more than enough energy regen already to mitigate the usefulness of Energizing Brew, and even if you USE Fists of Fury properly it breaks-even on damage with your standard actions as of this tier, which is horrible).

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, I just started back about 10 days ago and hit 90 on Friday. I collected gear from all of the chests on the island and completed my first LFR. Go me.

My question pertains to the legendary quest. I'm new to the whole thing and wanted to ask if anyone knew the most efficient way to pursue it.

I've looked at a couple of guides, but they just overview the quests and not the collection/progression required bits.

Edit: After I posted, it struck me that getting gear efficiently is also tied into this question. Is PVP the easiest/quickest way to do it these days? To become raid ready that is.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, I just started back about 10 days ago and hit 90 on Friday. I collected gear from all of the chests on the island and completed my first LFR. Go me.

My question pertains to the legendary quest. I'm new to the whole thing and wanted to ask if anyone knew the most efficient way to pursue it.

I've looked at a couple of guides, but they just overview the quests and not the collection/progression required bits.

Edit: After I posted, it struck me that getting gear efficiently is also tied into this question. Is PVP the easiest/quickest way to do it these days? To become raid ready that is.
I mean its pretty straight forward? Just cock blocks galore for a returning player to go through.

~~~ Concerning a WW Monk ~~~ Where is a good average for your Haste to stay at stat wise? Ive read that around 8000 is for your average person, 6000 for someone thats really good and whatever else. But thats just hear say, so I have no idea if thats accurate. Any advice from you all?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well after i finish the Christmas meta I'm done for a while. Was a long run for me this time. Stopped after I finished 5.0. Came back during siege. Can't wait ffor WOD.