World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Keep Mike out of this. It's Kotick all the way. Mike probably saw the writing on the wall more than a year ago and saw he couldn't fight this and said fuck this shit and left. And left at the right time. No one is blaming him for what happened. Mike was last of the old guard. He cared about games and people who played them. Well, as much as someone at the very top could. But as the time went by, corporate swallowed Blizzard whole. I feel worried for SC2 pro scene. It seems like Mike was the only one keeping it going within the company. And now he's gone. SC2 scene will be relegated to community tournaments, maybe IEM and that's it. Pro scene in Korea without KeSPA and Blizzard is done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Not having a major release in 2019 is not a good position to be in... Especially as WoW continues careening downward with Hearthstone and Overwatch folloing close on its heels.

I still, to this day, do not know why they didn't jump on more Overwatch cross marketing opportunities right from the get-go

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not having a major release in 2019 is not a good position to be in... Especially as WoW continues careening downward with Hearthstone and Overwatch folloing close on its heels.

I still, to this day, do not know why they didn't jump on more Overwatch cross marketing opportunities right from the get-go

Because Overwatch is a shallow piece of shit husk of a game.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

they know that announcing D4 at this years blizzcon (at the latest) is their last hope really. All these multiple projects talk is bullshit. They know that D4 is only thing that can sustain them in the west for the next few years. Not talking about Asian mobile market here. Last blizzcon rammed that thru their thick sculls, I hope. And it has to be a proper pc game, not only rivaling but being better than PoE. And that is hard to do

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Because Blizzard, in everything they do, moves at such a glacial pace the world has literally passed them by.

D4 will in no way be better than PoE. D4 will be derivative in an effort to make it have even wider appeal than D3... which is saying a lot. That is what Blizzard does. That is all they have ever done.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So they announced they are laying off 8% of their employees and that Blizzard would have no major releases in 2019. So i'm assuming that means we'll get a WoW expansion of some degree, some new OW champions, Diablo Mobile, and HotS will close.
Also I'm guessing no WoW classic this year also if it's considered a major release

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
They announced wow classic is coming out this summer at blizzcon, so I imagine they just don't consider it a "major" release. I'm not sure why though wouldn't though, it will be a pretty big deal.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I mean the hardcore will be hardcore and play it. But just like EQ classic and revisionist servers, people have this idea that it was somehow better in the past than it really was. Besides from what I have heard these are not really classic servers in that sense, just like EQ servers, they are at some point where already it was all fucking normalized, and watered down.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know at least 5 accounts that will be reactivated for WoW classic that they lost years ago and 1 new customer. So it may not be considered a major release but its going to be a huge cash infusion at least for a while.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Classic will get a huge burst at the beginning and then taper off to smaller levels, but it will stick around. They'll probably do things just like Everquest and make good money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I expect WoW Classic to advertise features people don't want, launch with other features people don't want that were not advertised and then add more features people don't want as time goes by.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah I forgot they were using the casual 1.12 patch

You lucked out
I was in a Naxx guild in Vanilla so I am pretty familiar with what I am in store for.

Arbitrary Arbitrary That is the only thing I am worried about. Only thing i would really like to see is original AV, and would like to see some of the off specs not so shitty. I am sure I am in the minority on that though so I am perfectly okay keeping it exactly the same as 1.12 .

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Look man no one needs the guys measuring their dicks over Naxx. There will be plenty of that on day 2 when Method is raiding it