World of Warcraft: Current Year

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Due to the recent discussion of WF/TF, I was curious about the actual stats of them occurring. Forthwith, here are the stats for my last 108 equipment drops/awards on 2 120 characters from WQs, world bosses, warfront rare mobs, etc. I have outed myself here previously as a filthy casual soloer so there are no dungeon or raid drops included. Azerite armor drops/awards excluded since they can't forge. Includes drops for other players from world bosses.

Equipment drops: 108
Warforged only: 14
Tertiary stat only: 10
Socket only: 5
Tertiary + socket: 1
Warforged + socket: 1
Warforged + tertiary: 1
Warforged + socket + tertiary: 1
Titanforged only: 2
Titanforged + socket: 1

Titanforge details:
1. WQ: Wrists from 360 to 380
2. WQ: Ring from 360 to 395 plus a socket
3. World boss: Legs from 355 to 370

Chance of:
Any improvement - 33.3%
Warforged - 15.7%
Titanforged - 2.8%

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So is AP completely useless now in this new system?
No it is how you unlock the nodes on the new chart. Existing and new azerite armor though basically does not need it. All the main powers are auto unlocked with only maybe the +5 ilevel still needing a specific ilevel.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I am actually surprised from one of the "influencer" interviews it sounds like the raid and new dungeon are coming within a couple weeks of 8.2 going live. Also it does not sounds like they are time gating access to nazjatar that you will be able to access most if not all the island immediately. The mechagon stuff sounds interesting curious how it plays out though.

Yeah I was genuinely surprised at that as well. They said both the raid and the dungeon are launching 2 weeks after the patch comes out, which works for me cause it gives enough time to get your neck up + do the rest of the content first.

Considering usually raid comes.. like 2 fucking months after the patch.

I still don't believe them on the timegating but we'll see. Maybe they're being honest? They didn't timegate the Xal'atath quest chain so maybe.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I was genuinely surprised at that as well. They said both the raid and the dungeon are launching 2 weeks after the patch comes out, which works for me cause it gives enough time to get your neck up + do the rest of the content first.

I still don't believe them on the timegating but we'll see. Maybe they're being honest? They didn't timegate the Xal'atath quest chain so maybe.

I imagine there is still story time gating but at least it sounds like the landmass itself will likely be fully available.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>

Well they also said there is an unlimited grind. So maybe instead of gating they just made it Aids Gay grind.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's quite possible they're finally going against the "patch is out but raid is not" trend since it seems to drive players away from content, then fails to get them back when raid content is available.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's quite possible they're finally going against the "patch is out but raid is not" trend since it seems to drive players away from content, then fails to get them back when raid content is available.
A couple weeks seems reasonable. Gives you a patch day to do bug fixes if needed and let shit settle down a bit before kicking the raid off. waiting a month+ after the patch is a bit too much of a disconnect.

• 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Housing is a big topic at Blizzard. The developers are still thinking about how to implement it so that it does not feel so clumsy.

So after this long and now they are considering it. They could have made even more money from sales of all sorts of art assets and they are now finally really thinking about it. This should have been implemented back with the garrisons. It might be a little bit to late now.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Housing is a big topic at Blizzard. The developers are still thinking about how to implement it so that it does not feel so clumsy.

So after this long and now they are considering it. They could have made even more money from sales of all sorts of art assets and they are now finally really thinking about it. This should have been implemented back with the garrisons. It might be a little bit to late now.

Honestly I think they have been considering this since almost the begining as there used to be a portal in stormwind that seemed to be for a housing district. I think it is a combination of figuring out how they want to do it and probably when to do so. It likely was one of their bring people back to wow emergency buttons to hit that they knew they could get a lot of resubs on so I am not shocked if this is getting talked about more now. Also as technology as come along what they could do with it now is a LOT more robust than what they would have been able to do so previously.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Honestly I think they have been considering this since almost the begining as there used to be a portal in stormwind that seemed to be for a housing district. I think it is a combination of figuring out how they want to do it and probably when to do so. It likely was one of their bring people back to wow emergency buttons to hit that they knew they could get a lot of resubs on so I am not shocked if this is getting talked about more now. Also as technology as come along what they could do with it now is a LOT more robust than what they would have been able to do so previously.
As long they don't make the same mistakes FFXIV did with housing. Let one person own multiple plots/houses and not have enough houses per server.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch looks decent enough I guess. Unfortunately I can't come back because I swore up and down I'd take a dick in the ass before I came back to WOW while Fagicosta was at the helm and you can miss me with that gay shit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I don't understand the desire for player housing. Either you have a generic one that is phased per every player or you actually have plots of land to somehow vary between 1000-40000 person servers. Unless you could have a zone that shifts based on what people buy, then you could have houses and guild halls. Charge a tax on them as a gold sink if taxes aren't paid for X period of time the house disappears makes the plot available. Of course with this system the structure of the zone would always have to be changing and altered not to have either rows and rows and rows of barren land or grown fast enough you don't run out.

Seems like a lot of time investment for something without any purpose.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Garrison originally offered so much in the way they were talking about it but really it was just "you get like 3 statues"

I don't see much a reason they couldn't update that system and bring it forward in time. I remember Furor saying something along the lines of like "If you kill this raid boss, you can maybe mount his head" which sounded dank and then they absolutely didn't do any of that at all.

However I think tying rewards that come FROM housing to be a mistake. Not even a mission table.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
EQ2 had the sort of 'housing' system I want going forward.

Give each of the crafting professions a style/things that can be made with them.
Place rare recipes on achievements/raid bosses/reputations/etc.
Make it so you can have a forge/loom/etc in the place that give some minor perk.

Good gold sink as well. Bigger house? More gold. Better zone? More gold. Want a hearth set there? Costs gold to set it up. Hell, add a 'rent' feature as well.

Rare achievements can award trophies/paintings/special items for the house. Same with bosses. Legendary weapons can be mounted on the walls. All of that jazz.

But make it OPTIONAL. No mission table. No harvesting nodes. Do not force people to do it.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The trick with housing is forcing people to come to your house or experience your house in some way. Like maybe have it as a staging area in some way for group content. In POE you are forced to peoples hideout to trade, inherently adding value to hideouts. Certain rare hideout tile sets were selling for quite a bit.

If you aren't trying to promote player interaction with housing then you might as well make a glorified mission table and nobody wants that. MMO's are all about flashing your e-dick. It's why the most popular thing in WOW, by a loooooong shot (completely anecdotal and arbitrary claim here) is transmog.

• 1Like