World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yup, they are drastically underrated. I get it though, in legion you just simply couldn't have near 100% defensive uptime like any other tank could so everyone was like fuck all that. But it's not the case anymore, and the AOE is stronger than ever before

also spellwarding
double also bubble+aoe taunt on huge trash pulls

xzi

Mouthbreather
Xzi, am I going to do all content and finish heroic in a week again or is there actual stuff to do now with this patch / upcoming patch?

What do you want to do?

World quests are somehow worse than legion
This current raid tier is very good, top 5 raids for me, but it's so late in the tier you'll crush it pretty quick. Lot of fun fights
PvP is in a pretty good spot if you're a casual, high rated arenas/RBGs will be 800% easier with certain comps. BGs are BGs, you just crush idiots or get crushed
Leveling isn't too terrible anymore
Islands are still unreliable to farm for rewards unless you want doubloon rewards
World PvP is pretty active at any time
The story is good if you're horde, irrelevant if you're alliance
A lot of small one-off quests hidden behind some mechanics that reward toys, achievements, mount, etc
Classes feel okay but none of them feel as good as Legion except maybe fury warrior
Making gold is a lot more difficult than Legion but still possible, mogs barely sell, current expansion herbs/ore are about to tank with flying in 8.2
M+ is good and all dungeons are pretty balanced unless you're pushing higher keys (over 15s), then you run into bad affix combinations/need better comps
Gearing is literally the easiest it's ever been in the entire games history

You can be caught up pretty quickly, but if I were to suggest a time to join back it would be after seeing how the 8.2 PTR is going. There is a mini raid coming out on Tues with some fun meme-y items but it's not a new tier.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I tend to follow Bellular for generic game news (non-MMO), but that video was interesting:

Basically, engagement across all youtubers is down for Patch 8.2. They get less views, less likes, even less dislikes. And he's wondering if Blizzard is going to get those people back so easily for 9.0...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
And he's wondering if Blizzard is going to get those people back so easily for 9.0...
My uneducated guess is that they won't EVER get most of the lost old players back, and the new generation of players is rather playing MOBAs, PUBG/Fortnite or mobile games.
  • old players simply can't be bothered anymore with very obvious timesinks and timegated content
  • Blizzard is already multiple strikes in on the "fool me once, shame on me" meter (depending on your tastes: Cata/MoP/WoD)
  • consensus has slowly settled in that Blizzard as a company has changed and that "the magic is gone," just like Bioware

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
  • consensus has slowly settled in that Blizzard as a company has changed and that "the magic is gone," just like Bioware
This stings but is ultimately the truth (for both companies).

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the real problem is people have outgrown the game. There are lots of reasons for this and the Youtube community is at least one of the major factor for lost subs (Blizzard is also a big factor, not sucking the Hazzicock). They put out these videos that tell you that a certain class or spec is OMFG so broken then little fags only invite said classes to do their +2 Waycrest Manor. Also every fucking video starts exactly the same and gives very little actual information. "Hey guys, Assdickface here again and I'm going to tell you why my favorite class and spec is going to go down on your mom and pleases her to no end." Then there are 14 minutes of a guy basically recapping a 3 second Wowhead Guide or Icy Veins guide. Perhaps your clicks being down isn't all Blizzards fault. Perhaps put out some valuable content. There are still millions of people who play this game and each Belluar Video is still getting between 150k and 350k views. Maybe that's the best you are going to get.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm just waiting patiently for them to explain why Sylvanas is doing what she's doing. Burning Teldrassil was an emotional move against her sister, I get that, but based on her historical actions seems misplaced in a way. Her screeching "for the horde" made even less sense, even if it was completely badass. She must know something. She wouldn't nuke her own city out of spite (or maybe she would?). Is Anduin actually a good, holy dude, or something else. Varian and Sylv got along great. Varian even stayed Thrall's hand. Anduin is a big bitch, and maybe Sylvanas sees that weakness and wants to exploit it? I dunno, both sides aren't good at judging character. For fucks sake Onyxia infiltrated the royal sect of Stormwind, and Thrall, with his wonderful selection of Garrosh, then Voljin with Sylvanas.

The lore has been heavy, but there's been zero realization or payoff, for lack of a better turn of phrase. Is the N'zoth presence just fucking with folk's emotions? What's the connection to Silithus? What's the connection to Northrend? Why does the horde care to attack night elf lands when they've already burned the tree? A lot of "Why the fuck is this happening?" In the past it has pretty much always made sense.

Can someone explain this shit?

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
think the real problem is people have outgrown the game. There are lots of reasons for this and the Youtube community is at least one of the major factor for lost subs (Blizzard is also a big factor, not sucking the Hazzicock). They put out these videos that tell you that a certain class or spec is OMFG so broken then little fags only invite said classes to do their +2 Waycrest Manor. Also every fucking video starts exactly the same and gives very little actual information. "Hey guys, Assdickface here again and I'm going to tell you why my favorite class and spec is going to go down on your mom and pleases her to no end." Then there are 14 minutes of a guy basically recapping a 3 second Wowhead Guide or Icy Veins guide. Perhaps your clicks being down isn't all Blizzards fault. Perhaps put out some valuable content. There are still millions of people who play this game and each Belluar Video is still getting between 150k and 350k views. Maybe that's the best you are going to get.

The real problem is you are a pure cock loving blizzard apologist fucking retard..

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm just waiting patiently for them to explain why Sylvanas is doing what she's doing. Burning Teldrassil was an emotional move against her sister, I get that, but based on her historical actions seems misplaced in a way. Her screeching "for the horde" made even less sense, even if it was completely badass. She must know something. She wouldn't nuke her own city out of spite (or maybe she would?). Is Anduin actually a good, holy dude, or something else. Varian and Sylv got along great. Varian even stayed Thrall's hand. Anduin is a big bitch, and maybe Sylvanas sees that weakness and wants to exploit it? I dunno, both sides aren't good at judging character. For fucks sake Onyxia infiltrated the royal sect of Stormwind, and Thrall, with his wonderful selection of Garrosh, then Voljin with Sylvanas.

The lore has been heavy, but there's been zero realization or payoff, for lack of a better turn of phrase. Is the N'zoth presence just fucking with folk's emotions? What's the connection to Silithus? What's the connection to Northrend? Why does the horde care to attack night elf lands when they've already burned the tree? A lot of "Why the fuck is this happening?" In the past it has pretty much always made sense.

Can someone explain this shit?

They should of just made the expansion what we all knew it was going to be 3 fucking years ago which is Old Gods.. instead of LOL HORDE VS ALLIANCE DERP AND GARROSH 2.0 HOLY SHIT WE SUCK DICK AT WRITING.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Taliesin and Evitel are still putting out good content, and generally still have a monstrously positive attitude in spite of things (while still calling out the #shitshow). Tradechat, poor Panzer, basically limited to expressing everyone's universal disdain and hasn't had a very interesting video since BfA came out, and she has usually remained positive - not anymore, and I wonder where she'll go when she ends up quitting... Asmon still riding his chariot by diversifying his content beyond just wow. Even though I'm not currently playing, I'm still tuning in to several channels for details, wondering when the ship is going to right itself. I mean, even Mists ended on a monstrous highpoint with SoO. They always come back with a better expansion and experience after a shit one.

Still makes me wonder how they went from Legion to BfA. BfA is like the Trump of expansions. No one really asked for it, but that's what we got and we're just dealing with it until the next one. I guess your highest high can only be followed by your lowest low. Legion was by far the best expac, and that's saying a lot for me, when during Wrath I played with 90% locals who I knew IRL and took down heroic Lich King. That experience was forever memorable.

YouTube content creators who have suckled at the teet of certain games are learning (or not) that nothing lasts forever, and need to figure out how to remain relevant even after "their game" burns.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I think the real problem is people have outgrown the game.
No, it's the other way around: The game has changed piece by piece so much that the old players don't recognize it anymore.

If people would have outgrown the game, then WoW Classic wouldn't have generated the hype that it has. It wouldn't even be on the map today.

An official WoW classic is Blizzard finally admitting (most of all to themselves) that they lost a significant portion of the initial target audience for WoW with all the changes modern WoW has accumulated, and that they can regain that part of the playerbase with official classic servers.

Like the wife you loved and married 15 years ago, but now she has doubled her weight, doesn't want to do anything, smells and farts and has an obnoxious yeast infection in her vagina.

• 1Barf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Outgrown this? I have to resist the urge to resub almost weekly, I think I had an easier time quitting cigarettes. All it takes though is remembering what the game was like when the current xpack started. Never again.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I do like the look of Mechagon, but then I play a gnome and the whole place is like Gnome paradise.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I still watch Bellular from time to time as I like him fairly well and he takes a balanced look at WOW - he did a video yesterday showing the new armor sets for Naz.... Pathetic. I remember probably every time I took a break from WOW in the past, looking at the new tier sets usually got me as hyped as anything content wise to come back. I remember them saying that they were doing away with class sets to focus on raid themed sets and would spend the extra man power making them even more amazing/detailed/etc.

Every set this expansion, with the exception of plate mythic in Dazar has been fucking disgraceful. Part time fans could come up with better, more detailed gear. Below, is heroic plate (shared between pally/warr/dk).... Man I sure am glad they ditched class sets. Look how fucking pimp this is!!!111

They should have made the last two tiers of mythic be lfr/normal/heroic, and enhanced them even further for mythic. The mail sets are even more pathetic. Leveling gear from WOD comes to mind.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still watch Bellular from time to time as I like him fairly well and he takes a balanced look at WOW - he did a video yesterday showing the new armor sets for Naz.... Pathetic. I remember probably every time I took a break from WOW in the past, looking at the new tier sets usually got me as hyped as anything content wise to come back. I remember them saying that they were doing away with class sets to focus on raid themed sets and would spend the extra man power making them even more amazing/detailed/etc.

Every set this expansion, with the exception of plate mythic in Dazar has been fucking disgraceful. Part time fans could come up with better, more detailed gear. Below, is heroic plate (shared between pally/warr/dk).... Man I sure am glad they ditched class sets. Look how fucking pimp this is!!!111

They should have made the last two tiers of mythic be lfr/normal/heroic, and enhanced them even further for mythic. The mail sets are even more pathetic. Leveling gear from WOD comes to mind.

View attachment 203860
That gear is the reason we transmog lol. I quit a month after bfa release and it still feels like actvision hasnt learned anything about wow players.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agree the new armor sets are universally ugly as sin. Mythic leather form BoD is pretty pimp.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The BOD armor sets have a few decent ones but uldir were all pretty much terrible and ashsara raid looks like they are all pretty bad too. They in general are just taking to much of the character/flavor off the set to make the mythic actually look interesting but the mythic stuff is only about as complex as the normal sets in legion let alone the legion mythic stuff. I would have thought that given they only need to make 4 sets per raid instead of one for each class they would have gone a lot more all out on them. The PVP/warzone sets have been good this expansion but the raid stuff has been a let down.