World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
The game is 15 years old. They tried to turn leveling back into a slower, more dangerous experience a few patches ago. It was absolutely terrible and nobody liked it.

Classic is one thing. It makes sense since there are only 60 levels, and it's engaging because it's a brand new world again (though one we've already played through). Forcing people to slog through 120 levels where you aren't getting any new skills for 10-20 levels at a time is not a good experience. In fact it fucking sucks.
That's a good point. Gaining levels is irrelevent if you don't get anything new and there has to be a limit to how long max level takes, so why do we have 120 levels?

What if each expansion just had some alternate routes to get to 60 for your alts and more endgame zones? All this follower shit and mission tables could be good if it was your alts that you earned being sent out on missions, incentivise people to play alts and do the levelling experience multiple times?

Maybe on expansion day the new zones are all max level and there's some AA stuff like the Artifact Weapons/Necklace to grind the exp for, then when the expansion is over those zones are retired and made lower level for alts. Periodically give zones some sort of bonus to get players into the same zones when you have too much choice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
but then how could we sell boost for $60 a pop?
I almost said something last week like "I don't get why leveling still exists" then I remembered there are people who buy boosts. I wonder if they make more off of services or subs.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I can't think of a single specific reason why mythic is locked to your current server other than server transfers. There's literally no other reason than that.

They unlock them region-wide like heroic/normal after the first 100 horde and 100 alliance guilds full clear a tier but it's kind of retarded. Server identity hasn't existed in over a decade so what's the point in keeping this locked?

Only logical thing I can think of is transfers. They have to make a shit ton of money off of mythic raiders bouncing around.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They could have mixed server guilds too, but the only reason they don't is for the transfer money.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
All of their account services are automated, they should be free, but alas, money...

Why there's even servers at this point doesn't make sense, either. I never even see folks from my same server anymore anyway. Maybe the auction house and a unified economy. That would be awesome. Same with there being two factions for no fucking reason, especially after we save the world "together" every goddamn expansion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
They need another Argus. It was great. Dps would get curbstomped if they tried to pull a bunch of shit at once but tanks couldnt kill shit fast untill getting better gear.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't think of a single specific reason why mythic is locked to your current server other than server transfers. There's literally no other reason than that.

They unlock them region-wide like heroic/normal after the first 100 horde and 100 alliance guilds full clear a tier but it's kind of retarded. Server identity hasn't existed in over a decade so what's the point in keeping this locked?

Only logical thing I can think of is transfers. They have to make a shit ton of money off of mythic raiders bouncing around.
I think they are trying to build communities. The whole rest of the game can be played with random strangers. They wanted one activity that you at least need to strive to build up a friendship base.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
6lwc72u7xs131.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think they are trying to build communities. The whole rest of the game can be played with random strangers. They wanted one activity that you at least need to strive to build up a friendship base.

Unless they gut xrealm and phasing completely, the damage is done. This just seems a weird thing to hold back.

You know the communities I'm part of in this game? I found them all outside the game and we stay organized through discord or PMs on other sites. I would love for it to go back the way it was, but it's not going to. As long as LFR exists in this game there's no reason for everything else in the entire game to not be crossrealm.

Except maybe auction houses, because they're 15 years old and lag too much when some jerkoff puts 2400 stacks of 1 up.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Personally the only people I play with in the game are guildmates and a couple rando's I met in M plus.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well personally BFA made every single one of my friends and guildmates quit so I got that going for me

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea so I'm probably going to cancel my sub after a month of playing. I wanted to just do M+ with about 4-5 characters like Legion but slogging through all the different systems on multiple characters is beyond gay in this expansion. If I have to go through the story one more time...

But holy shit do I feel for the art team. Some of the zones and art work are top notch in this expansion. It's too bad that it's all wasted by dumb fucking game design.

I'm not even interested in staying around for 8.2

BTW why don't Blizzard make farming alts easier again? There are literally 34 ways to play the game yet they cock block 99% of them behind gay ass time gating bullshit, or just mind numbingly boring progression (leveling is gay Blizzard, time to change it back to dungeon running)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea so I'm probably going to cancel my sub after a month of playing. I wanted to just do M+ with about 4-5 characters like Legion but slogging through all the different systems on multiple characters is beyond gay in this expansion. If I have to go through the story one more time...

But holy shit do I feel for the art team. Some of the zones and art work are top notch in this expansion. It's too bad that it's all wasted by dumb fucking game design.

I'm not even interested in staying around for 8.2

BTW why don't Blizzard make farming alts easier again? There are literally 34 ways to play the game yet they cock block 99% of them behind gay ass time gating bullshit, or just mind numbingly boring progression (leveling is gay Blizzard, time to change it back to dungeon running)
Shit I just got another 120 without doing any questing. Between invasions, and a few dungeons with full herilooms + xp potion from 7th legion vendor + dark moon fair it goes really fast.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Starcraft FPS was probably going to be huge, maybe like Destiny type game? I guess blizzard DOES hate money.

• 1Like