World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They did this same shit in legion with emmisary boxes between major patches/seasons. They nearly always go back and knee cap potential hoarding by people trying to get a jump on things. You can still bank up a shit load if you paragon everything and DON'T turn anything in before the patch. The other thing you can do is run a shit load of islands stockpile up the AP quest items you get from them and then once the patch 8.2 hits run around and hand them all in they are all like 700-1k AP so it can add up pretty fast.

While this is a little bit different, since you would get a box per day in Legion, they do have a history of fucking up or outright lying about how boxes worked across major patches in the past. I would do the same hording thing in Legion with the emissary boxes, and one patch they didn't have a cooldown to open them. I spam opening 6-10 at the same time with high bad luck protection, and got 2 legiondaries back to back (before the game could reset BLP). They also said, in 7.2, you couldn't get the new legiondaires from old boxes, yet there were a plethora of reports and pics of people getting them from old boxes.

I'm not sure how many people, outside of the top 20 or so mythic raiding guilds, are grinding out Paragon shit in BFA. They are rather lackluster, but I am biased against them to start with, because I fucking hate world quests/dailies and hardly ever get them to begin with.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played FFXiV for a few months it is a fine game that has good populations and steady content/expansion additions. It is a bit more hurm japanese? maybe than I care for some of the cutsie stuff is really out there but overall I enjoyed it. Some of the music choices are hilariously strange like this one fighting some big earth elemental thing and it was like thrash metal music for the ambient music which had me rolling.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I played FFXiV for a few months it is a fine game that has good populations and steady content/expansion additions. It is a bit more hurm japanese? maybe than I care for some of the cutsie stuff is really out there but overall I enjoyed it. Some of the music choices are hilariously strange like this one fighting some big earth elemental thing and it was like thrash metal music for the ambient music which had me rolling.
The music goes all over the place in XIV but is also like way higher quality than pretty much any other mmos.

I'll spoiler the whole thing to not shit up the thread too much
Titan is the one with metal stuff, it has various phases.
I recommend skipping around a bit so you don't listen to the whole thing, but you can see how the theme evolves during the fight, as the arena becomes smaller and the fight more hectic. Mind you it's an old fight now, so most mechanics are fairly simple.

Another example of the evolution of the music during a fight is Shiva:
It starts fairly standard fantasy stuff, then the Diamond Dust snaps happens(3:20 on the video but it's edited to fit), and it goes into J-rock stuff.

Then you can go an entirely different direction with the various Alexander raid themes, which were all electronic themed music such as

Obviously the game still has very standard music which as usual evolves about halfway:

Also has an actual sung theme based on the original FFXIV 1.0(the shitty version that was shut down and rebooted into the modern FFXIV), as per usual, you can skip around to listen to the evolution of the theme during the fight(8:30 for the final theme transition)

I think they're up to about 500tracks now? At least that's around what Spotify has, but might have remixes and it counts each variations of a theme as a separate track to make it easier to keep track of, but it's also missing some tracks. And next expansion is sure to have 150+tracks at once, between all the day/night themes for every zone and the multiple themes of primal fights, generic boss fights, generic raid fights and each dungeon's music. I'll end with one of my favorites:

First part is the FF6 Triad theme the fight is inspired from and then it switches into its own theme.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I always loved 'Spiral' in the Bahamut raid. There are so many good tracks in the soundtrack for FFXIV. Even small underrated ones, like the nighttime theme in Idyllshire (I hate the bagpipe day music though lol)

I also like the Azys Lla theme (Order yet Undeciphered). Fitting for the ruins of an ultra advanced civilization.

The rock remix of that song for Fractal Continuum is decent too

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Maybe we will get class sets again in the next expansion. The whole cutting corners on armor sucks.

quxbcvobqx531.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The armor issues are really weird. They are doing a fraction of the designs and the mail sets are just massively phoned in I don't see anybody coming back to do nazjatar raid for transmogs other than weapons.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I assume the art team just said fuck it and is pregaming next expansion.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Do any of you guys know of a way to import different sections from Wago.io ElvUI profiles?

For example if I like the raid frames from one but the unit frames from another is there an easy way to copy specific sections?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Do any of you guys know of a way to import different sections from Wago.io ElvUI profiles?

For example if I like the raid frames from one but the unit frames from another is there an easy way to copy specific sections?
Only way I've done it is to pull in both and disable/remove the parts I don't want from one or the other. Bit of a pain in the ass and doesn't always work perfectly and guaranteed to break after patches/addon updates that reset settings, so you have to reconfigure every time.

Example, I run ElvUI but disabled its unit frames as I was running another addon for those. With both enabled you get a bunch of errors. Sometimes even disabling isn't enough to prevent errors. Depends on the addon. I did have about 10% of ElvUI disabled and running fine most of the time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Newer versions of ElvUI should have options to import/export specific modules.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I assume the art team just said fuck it and is pregaming next expansion.

The sad part is they have fans working on this shit for free for these retards that they could have tons and tons of armor models that don't look like total dogshit.

arthur-lorenz-overview-all-a4-artstation-lightforged.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Not sure how true this is but how retarded ActiBlizz been I wouldn't be surprised if its true.

got_fired_from_blizzard.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users