World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
idunno man my last guild raided 6 hours a week, only 2 days, and killed jaina at like 300 in the world, near top 100 for US. Nobody is playing that much unless you're method and gearing 3 alts minimum so you can switch at any given time for any strategy you come up with

agreed though wow isn't that enjoyable to watch

xzi

Mouthbreather
heroic actually feels properly tuned to heroic for once, though I haven't done last 2 bosses cause my FUCKIN power was out

Khane

Got something right about marriage
idunno man my last guild raided 6 hours a week, only 2 days, and killed jaina at like 300 in the world, near top 100 for US. Nobody is playing that much unless you're method and gearing 3 alts minimum so you can switch at any given time for any strategy you come up with

agreed though wow isn't that enjoyable to watch

That is not the norm and Jaina was probably nerfed 4 or 5 times by the time you actually killed her. Which is the point. You're pulling some arbitrary numbers out of your ass with this "It's tuned for 6 weeks" bullshit. We aren't even fighting the same bosses they are. Meaning they tune the raids specifically for the WF race and then reign in it for the rest of the players so they can actually kill it well after the fact.

Link your guilds first kill. Near top 100 US was probably 3 months after the raid was released.

Khane

They do that shit on stream. They talk about it. Josh ran through what Method did to get WF Jaina on his stream. Are you really trying to say you have Blizzard insider info on how they tune their raids vs what we can actually watch the WF guilds doing on Twitch? Method was raiding even longer hours than 12 per day to get Jaina.

Get the fuck out of here.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's an odd spot to take issue. Limit's guild leader is putting in like 14 hours daily. The numbers aren't mysterious.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Literally 2? 3? maybe 4? guilds out of a thousand. Wait til you find out how much CSGO pros play csgo. Except they actually get paid lmao

anyways nobody is changing anybodies opinion here, if you don't want to participate in the world first race then it literally doesn't matter

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Literally 2? 3? maybe 4? guilds out of a thousand. Wait til you find out how much CSGO pros play csgo. Except they actually get paid lmao

anyways nobody is changing anybodies opinion here, if you don't want to participate in the world first race then it literally doesn't matter

You are being purposefully dense. Nobody has a choice when Ion designs the game around them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Then you don't deserve to get world first if you don't want to put in that effort?

Wait for gear, kill the boss, enjoy yourself.

I don't understand what you want. Go fucking do heroic instead.

Khane

Yes, it does. Because that's how they are tuning the game for the rest of us. Including all the idiotic time locking to try to hamper guilds like Limit and Method. Forced Personal Loot? Yep, because of the WF race guilds split raiding. It's why the game is bleeding subs and most of us, myself included, dont even play anymore

Khane

Then you don't deserve to get world first if you don't want to put in that effort?

Wait for gear, kill the boss, enjoy yourself.

I don't understand what you want. Go fucking do heroic instead.

You didn't kill the same boss Method did. And you never will. None of us will. None of us even want to. But you're arguing that these idiotic release difficulties are tuned around 6 weeks worth of gear for the typical mythic raider. Yet by the time normal, good players get their first kill it's been nerfed a handful of times. And I can't figure out why. Some weird nerd gamer shame? Afraid of being labeled a baddie?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm not arguing that at all cause I threw out some random number. The bosses most certainly are 100% tuned around mythic raid equivalent loot though and you know that just as well as everyone else here.

Anyways it doesn't matter, I don't raid mythic and I don't give a shit. I get what you're saying but I think that has less to do with them being tuned to 2 guilds and more to do with absolutely zero mythic testing on last bosses for the last like.. 6 tiers. Evident by the overwhelming majority of hotfixes that go out during initial pulls live on stream.

Khane

Of course they're tuned to require Mythic ilvl gear. Goddammit xzi, you're better than this! You should just start multi boxing to enjoy the t-mog / mount drop benefits of PL. Trust me, it's the best

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Now there's something we agree on

transmog is the only thing worthwhile in this entire game

xzi

Mouthbreather
honestly the real tragedy of mythic raiding is how mediocre the mythic mogs are

plate shoulders of last tier were good tho

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
honestly the real tragedy of mythic raiding is how mediocre the mythic mogs are

plate shoulders of last tier were good tho

Yeah the sad part is they removed tier and class sets so they could produce better quality sets and that has yet to happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
They've definitely gamed us on item/tier set design; it has absolutely gone to poo. Not only are class sets gone, challenge mode transmog (a feature I really liked) were nixed, as well as watering down the uniqueness of the elite pvp sets to relative "meh"ness. The amount of fun, interesting, or useful things you can acquire that last beyond one raid tier seem diminished to relative nonexistence.