World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I have the skillset to lead a dev team. I literally get paid to do that. I'm not getting paid to play a game currently designed to run like a software dev group.

I have fun in my job doing that, but again I'm getting paid. I shouldn't have to be paid to enjoy a game. I don't envy Method, I'm annoyed a game that should be fun, isn't.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It ain't mythic tuning that made this game unfun. Let's be realistic about that

We will never agree on how mythic should be tuned, but we can agree on the above statement

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It ain't mythic tuning that made this game unfun. Let's be realistic about that

We will never agree on how mythic should be tuned, but we can agree on the above statement

Turning the game into a sliding difficulty amusement park of a game instead of a RPG inspired MMORPG meant to be a living breathing world is what made it unfun. Having 700 different versions of the same piece of gear tied to a slot machine made it unfun. Invaliding raid content each new patch while enforcing that you must re-run the same dungeons in an M+ format timer gotta go fast bullshit for the 873th time in a row is unfun, to farm the same item you had one patch ago but this time it's 30 ilvl higher or bust and hopefully it has a socket.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Activity lobby in which you complete different chores for weighted slot machine pulls.

What's even worse about the slot machine is how quickly even hitting a jackpot becomes dogshit. Imagine if you won the lottery tomorrow holy shit bro you have 100 million dollars but then like 2 months from now hyper inflation hits and 100 million dollars can't even buy a loaf of bread.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yep, and instead of dialing addons back they just tried to beat them. Except there are millions of players and only a handful of devs. So now we get idiotic encounters where you stare at addons instead of the shit you're trying to kill

The only addon I find mandatory on that fight is a weakaura (or dbm maybe?) to spam STACK ME or LEAVE ME etc because of the way the fight works. There's too much going on to have 20 people call out their buffs/debuffs during the decrees. Everything else in the fight is extremely obvious what is happening at least.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
What's even worse about the slot machine is how quickly even hitting a jackpot becomes dogshit. Imagine if you won the lottery tomorrow holy shit bro you have 100 million dollars but then like 2 months from now hyper inflation hits and 100 million dollars can't even buy a loaf of bread.

if I had that kind of money, I'd convert most of it to gold like a normal person

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The only addon I find mandatory on that fight is a weakaura (or dbm maybe?) to spam STACK ME or LEAVE ME etc because of the way the fight works. There's too much going on to have 20 people call out their buffs/debuffs during the decrees. Everything else in the fight is extremely obvious what is happening at least.

You end up spending a lot of focus watching timers and tracking cooldowns. It's a very annoying way to experience a boss fight. This has been WoW for a long, long time.

If they culled UI capability they wouldn't need to add so many mechanics to try to "up" the difficulty.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
if they removed/neutered the boss ability tracking via dbm etc I would guarantee the following will happen. Every guild in the world worst race (or any mythic guild that focuses on early progression) would have a 21st guy just sitting there, watching a stream with a stopwatch, writing down times when boss does something and after they have seen the whole fight with all the abilities, his only task would be calling them out via discord.

Khane

if they removed/neutered the boss ability tracking via dbm etc I would guarantee the following will happen. Every guild in the world worst race (or any mythic guild that focuses on early progression) would have a 21st guy just sitting there, watching a stream with a stopwatch, writing down times when boss does something and after they have seen the whole fight with all the abilities, his only task would be calling them out via discord.

What I'm saying is this would not be necessary, because they would not need to design such complex fights to combat the hand holding functionality of addons, because those addons wouldn't function anymore. So instead of tons of timed events that need tracking they could just have emotes and telegraphs from the boss(es) themselves that players focus on. And there's nothing stopping guilds from doing that "21st man" thing now anyway.

There are usually a couple fights at the beginning of each raid tier that function this way. Intro fights meant to be simple so more players can access at least a part of Mythic raiding.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What I'm saying is this would not be necessary, because they would not need to design such complex fights to combat the hand holding functionality of addons, because those addons wouldn't function anymore. So instead of tons of timed events that need tracking they could just have emotes and telegraphs from the boss(es) themselves that players focus on. And there's nothing stopping guilds from doing that "21st man" thing now anyway.

There are usually a couple fights at the beginning of each raid tier that function this way. Intro fights meant to be simple so more players can access at least a part of Mythic raiding.
Basically every action by a boss is telegraphed

Khane

Yea, by DBM timers and WAs.

You cannot be serious right now. There are no visual precursor cues for most boss abilities, they are timed and just happen with no warning other than DBM saying "Hey, 5 seconds til Oh Shit Moment!"

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I saw that wipe, Sco looked completely whipped after that one. So close should happen today.