World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really hope that wasn't the case. I don't want to see teams needing to hire programmers for the race to be competitive if they don't have it already in house. That is taking things further when they're already too far as it is.
Oh I don't think they hired them. People like Nnogga are method players who are also Ace programmers. There were times when they showed Scripe coding weak auras on stream and it was crazy. Their players are also just programmers as well. The approach though really set them apart. Method methodically approached it by constantly adjusting their cues and diving deep in to every single cooldown getting it down to like every second. Limit just constantly rammed their head in to it. Some times the finesse approach is better.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
you get a debuff for soaking the machines, most players will uave 4-6 debuffs through the entire fight. reducing max hp by 40-60%. disc shines especially well with raid healing, either they can top you off quickly or youll get one shot due to the nature of the encounter.

zaelia healed a majority of the fight, they had narcolies playing ret and off healing tanks, josh dps'd mostly early on. then in the final phase josh and zaelia had cds and narcolies went full damage.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh I don't think they hired them. People like Nnogga are method players who are also Ace programmers. There were times when they showed Scripe coding weak auras on stream and it was crazy. Their players are also just programmers as well. The approach though really set them apart. Method methodically approached it by constantly adjusting their cues and diving deep in to every single cooldown getting it down to like every second. Limit just constantly rammed their head in to it. Some times the finesse approach is better.

I just mean that if you were Limit and your conclusion was that the difference in programmer talent made the difference in the world first race than the next logical step would be to employ a couple for a week or two during the next content release cycle.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just mean that if you were Limit and your conclusion was that the difference in programmer talent made the difference in the world first race than the next logical step would be to employ a couple for a week or two during the next content release cycle.
Or change your philosophy to be more analytical instead of just ramming your head in to the wall and hoping people play better.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This entire conversation is why I will never play WoW again.

At this point it just isn’t fun, it’s a chore that needs outside help to beat. The fact that any developer at Blizzard is okay that the world first took this long and that a huge factor in beating it was needing a 3rd party add on with programmers iterating scripts during the fight .....

If I worked there I would walk into work on Monday and hand in my resignation letter. I wouldn’t want to be part of a company that thinks that is immersive and fun gameplay. Before you start saying “it’s only mythic” just realize that if this is in any of the game it creeps out to the rest, you can’t divorce the two.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This entire conversation is why I will never play WoW again.

At this point it just isn’t fun, it’s a chore that needs outside help to beat. The fact that any developer at Blizzard is okay that the world first took this long and that a huge factor in beating it was needing a 3rd party add on with programmers iterating scripts during the fight .....

If I worked there I would walk into work on Monday and hand in my resignation letter. I wouldn’t want to be part of a company that thinks that is immersive and fun gameplay. Before you start saying “it’s only mythic” just realize that if this is in any of the game it creeps out to the rest, you can’t divorce the two.

Pretty sure most people agree with you, and it's why so many have quit the game. Of course there are always a couple of dipshits who think they are hardcore and keep screaming stupid shit like gitgud. Of course they have no idea why the game is in a nosedive of subscribers.

• 2Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think anyone thinks 3rd party programs needed to play the game is a good thing. Honestly I just think the raid developers are out of ideas. How do you make an encounter that isn't 100 times easier by having a weak aura for it? I remember doing progression and reclears on mythic opulence and having people still drop the gold in the middle of the floor. Like even with a weak aura that flashed on their screen telling them to get the fuck out, people still fucked it up.

It would be interesting if they limited weak auras in some way so that they couldn't scan things. Honestly though, after watching the Mythic Azshara fight, I have no idea how the fuck anyone would react in time to a decree without a weak aura. You would need some super human reflexes and brain processing power.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not sure how weird it is, just look at classic not every class was a self healing mongoloid.

Hyper mobility, immunities, self healing for all is one of the negative side of the game these days, but again it's an opinion.
Yeah and I think the current game (MINUS BFA AS A WHOLE) is better than classic

You can say I'm retarded for liking the way mythic tuning turns out and it's fine. I'm not playing either, so take that as you will.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
With other e-sports, video games, card games both digital and non-digital I can at least entertain the idea that if I wanted to take it really seriously I could make my mark. I know that's a lie, you know that's a lie, but on any given Sunday maybe I could draw blood on some of these pros.

But not World of Warcraft. Not once in BfA have I tuned in to these races and thought "yeah, I want to get myself a piece of this." There's nothing about these world first races that is accessible. The illusion isn't just broken. It's nonexistent. Sure, there's all kinds of other human activiities (all of them I suspect) where I'll never rise to the top but not being able to even pretend in a game as mainstream as World of Warcraft is bad news. Spectacle it may be this does not inspire people to play the game and seek the highest achievements within it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah and I think the current game (MINUS BFA AS A WHOLE) is better than classic

You can say I'm retarded for liking the way mythic tuning turns out and it's fine. I'm not playing either, so take that as you will.

I mean everyone has their own opinion and there are parts of the current game I enjoy, but yeah I think it says more than you are willing to admit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No I'll admit the entire expac sucks. I do enjoy hard raiding and maybe I'll return one day. I just need more than raiding

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still don't get how this expac sucks but people loved legion. It's like literally the same thing. The weapon was a gimmick with no real choices after pushing for AP for like 2 days, the dungeons were a bit less on rails sure but it was still all about M+ and grinding it as hard as possible. I don't think the raids are tuned much different but maybe I am wrong there, I only did Mythic in Legion for EN then was a heroic hero. WQ's are still WQ's and are still just a chore to make some free gold and pass time. They added islands which are a non-factor in anyone's life so that's neutral. People seem to like Warmode over PVP servers but I don't see it as being anything worth worrying about. Any non-structured PVP is going to boil down to 25 dudes raping 5 dudes and then patting themselves on the back about how awesome they are.

BFA, to me, is Legion 2.0.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yep, and they copied it but changed things in minor ways. All of which suck. It's not hard to see why azerite acquisition sucks, people are tired of time gating everything behind WQs, azerite power acquisition sucks, M+ is worse in every way, and raiding is worse too. It's like Cataclysm. It was all the same shit as WoTLK but changed just enough, in terrible ways.

"Let's do more of the same but make it more time consuming, more annoying, and make the rewards worse!"

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm really honestly surprised anyone could play legion and then bfa and think they're exactly the same

• 2Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yep, and they copied it but changed things in minor ways. All of which suck. It's not hard to see why azerite acquisition sucks, people are tired of time gating everything behind WQs, azerite power acquisition sucks, M+ is worse in every way, and raiding is worse too. It's like Cataclysm. It was all the same shit as WoTLK but changed just enough, in terrible ways.

"Let's do more of the same but make it more time consuming, more annoying, and make the rewards worse!"

The story is also way, way worse. Having your character ascend to the pinnacle of their class, taking charge of the command structure and quest for powerful historical relics was cool. Doomhammer, Ashbringer, all that jazz. You've got the return of Illidan, the addition of Demon Hunters and the eventual journey to the Legion homeworld to fuck all their shit up. Mists of Zandalaria is, in contrast, lame.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The whole expansion feels like it should be the B-story in a much bigger expansion, or the story where the alts shine because they are off dealing with a side issue that gets out of hand while everyone else is busy with a more serious issue.

And then we have Mechagon for reasons that are completely out of left field.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The story is also way, way worse. Having your character ascend to the pinnacle of their class, taking charge of the command structure and quest for powerful historical relics was cool. Doomhammer, Ashbringer, all that jazz. You've got the return of Illidan, the addition of Demon Hunters and the eventual journey to the Legion homeworld to fuck all their shit up. Mists of Zandalaria is, in contrast, lame.

But we wuz KANGZ!! Wakanda I mean Zandalara foreva mon.

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Legion felt like a finale and Blizzard is still clawing back what they gave out. People are using Legion characters to PL in island expeditions? Oh no no no.