World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
They just had another wipe at 2.6% they are getting consisting results now should happen today for sure.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Method interviews are basically saying they don't think the boss is possible 3 healing until next week

Be curious to hear Limit's response to that. Granted I don't pay that much attention to WoW but Limit kept having good runs towards end of last night and it just sounded like they had people dying to stupid deaths but otherwise it would have fallen over if they go into P4 with both combat rezzes.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So are Disc priest just that OP? Or was it just because they pump damage as a healer?

They really need to strip all the self healing in the game from pretty much every spec.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So are Disc priest just that OP? Or was it just because they pump damage as a healer?

They really need to strip all the self healing in the game from pretty much every spec.
Healing through damage and big shields. Weird balance change suggestion

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Healing through damage and big shields. Weird balance change suggestion

Not sure how weird it is, just look at classic not every class was a self healing mongoloid.

Hyper mobility, immunities, self healing for all is one of the negative side of the game these days, but again it's an opinion.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The last time around Method was saying that a couple disc priests was like getting another dps in the raid for free. That's a little bit of hyperbole but if the math is just super, super tight it seems reasonable that discipline would be the healer of world firsts.

Makes me a bit sad as I really, really like the playstyle and flavor and hate getting tagged with nerfs over what the bleeding edge is doing.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
The mechanics of the fight give players a stacking debuff that reduces max hp making disc especially strong compared to other healers.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not just Disc being good. Method had two booking go resto affinity. Since max hp was reduced, dps throwing out heals was powerful. There are also phases where you can help top the raid as no dps needs to go out.

To me the difference was the autism level. Method has like 2 or 3 programers who spent tons of hours tailoring all their shit. Limit didn't have nearly the same level.

xzi

Mouthbreather
You end up spending a lot of focus watching timers and tracking cooldowns. It's a very annoying way to experience a boss fight. This has been WoW for a long, long time.

If they culled UI capability they wouldn't need to add so many mechanics to try to "up" the difficulty.

I don't do any of that while healing. Maybe it's different for tanking but after a few pulls on a fight you know what damage is going out when just by looking at a bosses health % or energy bar with very few exceptions. There's also audio cues for almost every single boss ability in the game during raids.

I will say the game would benefit greatly if DBM or WA didn't exist but it may as well be too late to remove them by now.

also that method kill was SO CLEAN holy shit

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
To me the difference was the autism level. Method has like 2 or 3 programers who spent tons of hours tailoring all their shit. Limit didn't have nearly the same level.

I really hope that wasn't the case. I don't want to see teams needing to hire programmers for the race to be competitive if they don't have it already in house. That is taking things further when they're already too far as it is.