World of Warcraft: Current Year

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, IIRC it was Blizzards push to try and make WoW into a PVP e-sport that forced the homogenization of the classes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
So Booze, after people get their BiS what reason will they have to play?
The purpose of an MMO is the social aspect. The gear comes last. Blizzard ruined the social apsect.

If you want to play a gear collector simulator, Borderlands 3 just came out. There is no reason to play BFA to collect gear, which also requires doing daily wizard chores to ensure your neck is leveled appropriately.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Classic is nothing more then nostolgia, and a classic case of looking back with rose tinted classes. Most of the people I am left playing with are people who never really done vanillia wow to a decent level and by that I mean never really raided never cleared AQ40 or Naxx etc.

I am struggling with classic but i am not sure if that just me done with games in general or just not wanting to redo something I done 15 years ago. i got rank 14, i cleared every raid server first, had full BIS had ZG Mounts. Then i find myself playing classic which is just a watered down version of vanilia, I am only level 46 and struggling to get motivated to log on I reckon I will get 60 pug MC clear it in one run and call it day.

:NPC: It's just nostalgia

I love how dipshits love to parrot that since they have no ability to think for themselves, but for arguments sake lets say you are right and say nostalgia is the reason people are playing. Let me ask you one simple question. So fucking what if they are enjoying themselves?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Because once people hit the level cap wall, the game becomes much more familiar in terms of modern experience. I’ll be curious to see the falloff between mc, bwl, aq, and naxx.

xzi

Mouthbreather
looking forward to this patch tbh

Honestly my theory is that the vision that Garrosh had in Stormwind at the end of SOO is how BFA is going to end. A siege on stormwind, and everyone dead.

I believe the leak even more. Guess we'll see soon enough!

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Inb4 that leaked cinematic photo wasn't Helya's ships ferrying armies to the Shadowlands, but Helya's disgraced robovikings showing up to sack stormwind while the alliance is defending Thunderbluff.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Honestly my theory is that the vision that Garrosh had in Stormwind at the end of SOO is how BFA is going to end. A siege on stormwind, and everyone dead.

Jaina's undead brother get everyone killed yet while also exposing Baine as a traitor as Sylvanas set up from the start?

edit - bah, see Baine already got found out

Last edited:

Rime

<Donor>
Campaign is out and over.

Sylvanas kills Saurfang, fucks off, abandoning the Horde, her followers, the Forsaken.
Anduin gives a rousing speech, everyone agrees to work together, they carry Saurfang's dead body into Orgrimmar while the Forsaken tap out a funeral march with their flags.

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Yeah, definitely sounds like the Shadowlands spoiler was either close or on the money.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Warmode to be replaced with Peacemode, where you high five other faction members you encounter in the overworked.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sylvanas is double crossing Aszhara? Where was that set up? Only thing I remember playing through as alliance was nathanos luring everyone to nazjatar, the 8.2 opening cinematic. But it was never expanded on why exactly he/slyvanas did that while there.

Also I still think it's pretty dumb that Eyir and her Valkyr had no idea wtf is going on if that's where this is all going. Isn't their sole job to reclaim spirits from the shadow lands?

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It wasn't set up, it's all about shock and awe factor as if that's compelling story telling. Did they ever answer why Vol'jin made her warchief before dying?

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
No. There was that quest line in 8.1 where he goes asking people who made him do it but it ends with Eyir saying she won't tell him who told him to do it and to fuck off and never return.

The only way any of this makes sense is if they fired the team that wrote the legion storylines and hired people who doesn't know legion exists.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It wasn't set up, it's all about shock and awe factor as if that's compelling story telling. Did they ever answer why Vol'jin made her warchief before dying?
"Because we thought it was an awesome idea. I mean before trying to figure out what she'd do as a Warchief."