World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burns

I don't know how you took island expeditions out of that whatsoever to be honest.

It's a scenario, the group ones are all shit, and, outside of the withered training and the mage towers, the solo ones suck too. Islands are the newest iteration of the scenario system. You need to collect a resource, with up to 5 people. The main point is to upgrade your neck, err cloak. The cloak is going to be BiS, so it will be required to run a bunch of times.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Havent played this game in eons, but holy shit did it jump the shark hard.

Classic is the only thing remotely appealing.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had to get most of the info from the news sites, since I couldn't watch the video itself due to Ion's jittering around like a faggot.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Haven't played BfA for a year now, but watched the whole video, and was impressed. A ton of content (like it or loath it), changes to Titan-forging, and a hurry up on Dire Maul for Classic.

I know some people here think Ion is the devil, but if he was gone tomorrow his replacement would just be the next devil, because he's doing exactly what he's being paid to do. The simple fact that he didn't lose his job after the reaction to BfA, the sub losses, and the rush to band-aid it, speaks volumes. Hate the company if you must, I quit over the pruning basically.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Changes to Titan-forge mean nothing since dicknuts was about as vague as possible about how they maybe kinda might think about changing it. You guys get duped by this lessons learned bullshit too many times.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I wouldn't believe a thing he says until you see it for yourself. Those changes to titanforging could be superficial at best. The vast majority of everything he said contained no actual details, and read like a press release.

Argarth

On the verandah
I haven't been duped by anything (I'm quite capable of tuning out the "we're listening" nonsense), of course it's a press release, and of course it all remains to be seen. I don't play BfA and doubt I''ll ever return, so I'm not even defending it/him. I thought it was an impressive presentation is all. Sue me!

• 1Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather
It is an impressive presentation and a very drastic turnaround to where BFA was this time 9 months ago. Even 8.2 was a huge step in the right direction.

These faggots just want the game to continue to be bad so they can keep posting about a game they don't play.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It definitely gave off some good vibes, and I hope it's some good stuff. I've just been burned too many times to not be completely skeptical of it. Even if it is great content, I'm not sure if it will matter to me as classic has shown just how much they've abandoned the idea of playing in a world and replaced it with a web of various systems.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
That auction house change is making me moist.

This is part of what guts me with regards to Retail vs Classic. I wish there was some way to just combine the content of Classic with all the nice QoL improvements that have come along the way since, like dual spec, the collections interface, the coming AH change. I'm probably in a minority here but while I did resub for Classic, and I love the old content, there is just a shit ton of old shit that came with it that was aids.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
We might see the auction house stuff come to classic depending on how they manage the system on the backend. It might not be practical for them to run two difference AH designs.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Vulpera vs Mechagnomes seems like a rather unbalanced tradeoff. I suppose it is justified in that in the earlier update Horde got reskinned 'night-elven' trolls while Alliance got a whole new animation rig for the Kul Tirans. I don't, however, see many people really embracing Kul Tiran as a race mostly because no one wants to roleplay as a fat human.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Vulpera vs Mechagnomes seems like a rather unbalanced tradeoff. I suppose it is justified in that in the earlier update Horde got reskinned 'night-elven' trolls while Alliance got a whole new animation rig for the Kul Tirans. I don't, however, see many people really embracing Kul Tiran as a race mostly because no one wants to roleplay as a fat human.

Both are based on the the two least played core races, with Vulpera just being reskinned Goblins and the mechs being reskinned gnomes, and the animations/gear appearance issues that keep a lot of people from playing Gob/Gno is being carried over. I'm sure some furries will love the Vulpera, but I don't think they'll be played much more than the mech gnomes.

I also didn't care for fat humans, but I do really like the Zandalari males. I always wanted to play a troll that didn't hunch down.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well... on the plus side this means that some of the furries will switch to Horde rather than clogging up the Worgen population with 'pups' and such.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1570531365382.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users