World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Even an alpaca mount cant make me play this shit now. I dont even give that much of a fuck about -_- in HK but fuck Blizzard.

Cybsled

I canceled my sub months ago. Had nothing to do with BFA sucking, had everything to do with me using psychic powers to see this event unfold!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Alright, help me out here. I logged onto my level 110 priest on retail to see what holy was like and ran a random dungeon when I had 150% rested xp. I got out of there with only 50% rested left. Where did all that xp come from? Doing randoms on other alts with rested didn't give anywhere near that much. Dungeon was that creepy Nazmir one if that matters.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
1570679884694.png

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well I was kinda tempted by the solo-nature of the nightmare progression and the general storyline for 8.3... but then Blizzard had to go and start kowtowing to the Central Committee so that took care of that.
Would have canceled my account but the one I was using wasnt even mine so cant do that. What I can do is stop playing OW and finally play that long backlog of Steam games. Ill start with Witcher 3.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The e-sports they don't handle just don't get the hype of their stuff.
The South Koreans did just fine without Blizzard creating tons of hype about Starcraft esports. Heck, people even invented new esports like MOBA's with Blizzard games, and Blizzard slept right through it.

In fact Blizzard trying to cash in on the esports hype with Starcraft II and micromanaging it to death just killed a lot of hype.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The South Koreans did just fine without Blizzard creating tons of hype about Starcraft esports. Heck, people even invented new esports like MOBA's with Blizzard games, and Blizzard slept right through it.

In fact Blizzard trying to cash in on the esports hype with Starcraft II and micromanaging it to death just killed a lot of hype.
How many concurrent viewers did the Korean StarCraft events get? Just curious because I don't think I have ever watched anything StarCraft related.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How many concurrent viewers did the Korean StarCraft events get? Just curious because I don't think I have ever watched anything StarCraft related.
Original SC? I think it'd be hard to count since it aired on TV, not on Internet. Still does afaik, although numbers are much lower. It was also mainly many years ago, so point of comparison with today's numbers is entirely moot. That'd be like comparing Dota1 events with LoL Worlds, there wasn't even Twitch(or Justin.tv) to stream to back then.

I'll say Blizzard did a much better job with OW than they did SC2, at least numbers wise. I honestly thought the whole forced league shit where companies had to buy slots would die horribly, but it worked out alright. It's artificial as fuck but there's viewers and when comparing to SC2(which did ok numbers very infrequently then terrible numbers the rest of the time) and HotS(more or less dead on arrival) it's certainly a big difference. Hell even the 6months of GOAT shit didn't seem to hurt their numbers too much even though it was the most boring shit ever.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I think it's easier to link you to the Wikipedia article: StarCraft in esports - Wikipedia
"The two major game channels in South Korea, Ongamenet and MBCGame, each ran a Starleague (Ongamenet Starleague, MBCgame Starleague), viewed by millions of fans."

Esports permeated South Korean culture much more than in the west, and with it the surrounding countries, e.g. the Phillipines:
iiwadp-875x480.jpg

Compare that to China where one of the most successful romcoms is "Love O2O", taking place in an MMO:

xzi

Mouthbreather
I desperately need this fanart to be real by blizzard. I mean, he even equips gear!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have said it before but ActiBlizz if they were smart would crowd source so much free work from dipshits who love making this stuff and are stupid enough to get exploited out of it, they could probably cut their dev team in half while being able to release content 2-3x faster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
xzi xzi Id play the shit out of an Ogre if I was still playing. Was butt hurt that I had to play a Tauren when I left EQ to come to WoW. Ogre is where its at.

Was just looking at stuff for the new races. The Mechagnome racials seem insane to me.

Has to be so people actually want to play that 5 minute development time race.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I'd much rather watch GSL than shitty OW is all i know.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'd like to see Mok'Nathal for the Horde, though it probably will never happen since Rexxar was supposed to be the last of their race.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users