World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fadaar

That guy
hey we got the giant sperm, now we just need my concept art for a paladin flying mount i made back in Burning Crusade

untitled-2.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's actually "unfuck everything BfA did, and also fix the shitty parts of Legion as well."

It's sparse on "new" features. Because they finally listened to the players and took the promising systems with shitty implementations, and made them good. WoTLK didn't do anything incredibly new in terms of mechanics. It added DKs, Phasing, Wintergrasp and then tweaked everything else TBC had to offer essentially.

They have a pretty lousy track record lately with their so called "new systems and mechanics". They are mostly rehashed, recycled garbage they try to put a new spin on. So I welcome taking systems we know, putting changes in we've all been asking for, and making a fun to play game.

This is my hopes on it. Instead of making 900 new systems they're making their current systems better it feels. One big thing I'm excited for is the roguelike tower but we'll see what happens.

Another thing I've hardly seen people mention is more CLASSes being a thing instead of specs. Excited for tomorrow when they talk about it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol Bolvar got punked. Arthas would've fucked Sylvanas up.

Arthas was just a human. Bolvar is some weird undead hybrid created by the magic of the red dragonflight who was able to resist the control of the Lich King. Conversely Sylvanas was some random named elf that Arthas raised from the dead while he was still a baby death knight and wasn't even the Lich King yet.

She won because of plot armor.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Roguelike tower just makes me think of the rush "tower" for the fox mount in Legion... or a spin on islands... but, way longer, and continuous... maybe?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Arthas was just a human. Bolvar is some weird undead hybrid created by the magic of the red dragonflight who was able to resist the control of the Lich King. Conversely Sylvanas was some random named elf that Arthas raised from the dead while he was still a baby death knight and wasn't even the Lich King yet.

She won because of plot armor.
She's died three times. Once when Arthas killed her, once when she commit suicide in ICC, then Godfrey shot her in the head. She basically can't die at this point.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
once when she commit suicide in ICC, then Godfrey shot her in the head.

lol Godfrey killing her was just shit tier writing, and I guess the ICC thing was in a novel?

Nah, you want to be really annoyed? Wait til she's on the verge of destroying all of creation at the end of Shadowlands but the actions of the players manage to change her mind. And then she's revealed to actually be Xel'Naga Kerrigan who came to prepare Azeroth to fight against the big bad of the next expansion which is a WoW/Starcraft crossover.

• 1Mother of God

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
lol Godfrey killing her was just shit tier writing, and I guess the ICC thing was in a novel?

Nah, you want to be really annoyed? Wait til she's on the verge of destroying all of creation at the end of Shadowlands but the actions of the players manage to change her mind. And then she's revealed to actually be Xel'Naga Kerrigan who came to prepare Azeroth to fight against the big bad of the next expansion which is a WoW/Starcraft crossover.
We require more minerals.

• 1Worf

Burns

If for some reason I get this, do I have to also buy BfA?

From what I remember, it depends on when you get it, the SOP is to discount the current expansion in the xpac prepatch, then a month-ish into the new xpac, they will roll the old one into the base game.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Did they ever say anything about lying about the cash reward for their stupid esports shit? And how they pocketed all those player purchases?

• 1Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Covenants are going to be so fun.

Forced to pick the best one for your main spec and be fucked if you like playing multiple specs/roles.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to be hyped for the tower but I feel like it will be the same let down I got from islands where I spam it a couple times a week to get the reward and move on. It will basically be another faceroll world quest that takes longer.

Any word on how big the new zones are going to be? If you think about it, when BFA released there were really only "two zones" that had areas. If they are similar in size to the current new continents that will be fine.