World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tell me how Legion was better than BFA? Was it the mounts in your dailies? Was it having a guild before your raid leader bailed? BFA has certainly gotten worse as it has gone along. I even pointed out in my post some things that have made BFA get worse. 11 months of basically no new content is going to make BFA go down as probably the worst expansion in history. I just think you guys loft Legion up like it was amazing. The invention of MPlus was really cool. Other than that Legion kind of sucked.

Legion had a consistent story the entire time. It focused on it the whole time and it felt complete at the end with a decent payoff cinematic to top it off. The legendary weapons felt good lots of nice iconic transmog looks and the abilities were specific to your class and felt really solid overall. The legendaries if you got the ones you wanted felt amazing to own but acquiring them initially was a shitshow. They made dungeons back into something both viable and desirable to run where the previous expansion there literally was not reason to ever run them once you finished up your inn quests. The mage tower was something quite a few people enjoyed as content to really challenge themselves with and was made at least reasonably accessible at the very end of the expansion for less competent players to at least have a shot at.

Overall it is about the best type of expansion you can hope for a coherent story and class systems that generally are well received by the playerbase.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not a BFA hater but BFA tried a bunch of different new features and the bulk of them fell kinda flat with the player base. Azerite armor I think being the most problematic of them. Like that raid video said you are always hunting for stuff with the same few traits. Get those traits and your class plays like you expect it to play. Don't get those traits and it feels like shit. Basically the entire expansion you are hunting for effectively the same set piece bonus and it feels really weird to keep hunting new gear to give you the abilities of the old stuff. The only way to really prevent that feeling would be for every tier to have its own complete different set of azerite bonuses but that likely would just have opened up other gripes.

The legion artifact weapon you felt like you were progressing its power. BFA azerite feels like you are running hard just to stay in the place you already are.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have about 100 days played in BFA on my characters, so I've sucked on that blizzard cock enough to complain about it I think.

I'm not arguing I didn't get my moneys worth, just that the game could be and has been significantly better.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
There is nothing that makes Legion better than BFA. Adding a random mount drop to dailies does not make them good. Dailies still suck balls.
Look, we are aware it's a glorified skinner box. But just like dating there's a certain order to these things: I want flowers and a meal at a nice restaurant on the first date before I'll let you suck my dick.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Legion was pretty much solid the entire expansion
BFA is in an okay state to play now (aside from corruption and essences), but it took 2 years for it to be okay instead of mediocre

Totally agree, most BFA main features (Azerite gear, warfronts and islands) really put the game down during the first months of BFA. They've fixed Azerite, powercreep kind of fixed islands and warfronts are the "yeah honey I'll help you, just let me put my character there" moment old gamers need to maintain couple peace.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Look, we are aware it's a glorified skinner box. But just like dating there's a certain order to these things: I want flowers and a meal at a nice restaurant on the first date before I'll let you suck my dick.

Something as simple as grinding for the Wintersaber in classic or grinding Mag'har faction in BC for the Talbuk mount is so much more rewarding than randomly getting a mount in a skinner box.

Or a legendary for picking up squirrel shit in Legion.

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have about 100 days played in BFA on my characters, so I've sucked on that blizzard cock enough to complain about it I think.

I'm not arguing I didn't get my moneys worth, just that the game could be and has been significantly better.
Same here I am not saying BFA was terrible but they took a couple swings at some bigger features that did not pay off for them and that I think has set the scramble and delays we have seen all expansion as they tried and tried to make azerite desirable and it never really came together. Still I have more than gotten my monies worth so I am just hoping they take the lessons they learned in BFA and do better for shadowlands.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
Something as simple as grinding for the Wintersaber in classic or grinding Mag'har faction in BC for the Talbuk mount is so much more rewarding than randomly getting a mount in a skinner box.

Or a legendary for picking up squirrel shit in Legion.

Hey, you leave my Peanutmourne alone

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Exactly.

I just need some pageantry with my box. Titanforging was just so fucking obviously operant conditioning it started pissing me off when it happened.

• 1Truth!

xzi

Mouthbreather
Exactly.

I just need some pageantry with my box. Titanforging was just so fucking obviously operant conditioning it started pissing me off when it happened.

don't worry now you have RNG items drops with RNG chance to corrupt with RNG chance to give a corruption you actually need

when a titanforge item would increase your effectiveness by maybe 1k, good corruption increases it by about 10k it's hilarious and feels even worse somehow

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BfA fucked up azerite, which was suppose to be the pillar of the gearing experience for the entire expansion. They also fucked up combat with the GCD change and massive pruning from removing artifacts and legendaries without any real replacement. To fix those problems they implemented additional systems. Now we have massive system bloat and way too many chores if you try to play multiple (essence system is the primary problem).

There are some good things buried in this expansion. M+ is fun when the seasonal affix is good (S2 and S4). The raids have been mostly good to great (BoD was an amazing raid, and Nya is shaping up well so far). Horrific Visions are a great late expansion addition. Mechagon the zone was an interesting change to world gameplay. It isn’t revolutionary but the concept of your homework being primarily tied to a single WQ with optional dailies is at least a move in the right direction. The NZoth invasions learned from that in a good way but they stuck an essence behind exalted which makes the otherwise optional dailies mandatory. If it wasn’t for that, the homework requirements would have gone down quite a bit compared to the start of any other recent major content patch. Corruption is a fun system when you have good pieces but acquisition is terrible which invalidates it for a lot of people.

The expansion isn’t terrible, but they fucked up multiple core parts of the game in various ways which forces you through a lot of bullshit before you can just enjoy the game.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well if Fyff didn't look like a down syndromed fuck tard he sure does now
Why because one player made a couple good points (that I disagree with but I'm not going to discuss again as it's been discussed before) and everyone else was like 'story and transmogs'?

Why don't you go ahead and abandon your guild again? Shatter the forum dreams of these folks one last time?

• 1Salty
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
The raids have been mostly good to great (BoD was an amazing raid, and Nya is shaping up well so far).

This is something I really have to give to them. BoD might be their best raid they've ever made for me. It was just so good and every fight was relatively unique compared to fights we've had in the past.