World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like they saw a mass of people quitting over their shitty grinds, this patch, as they keep walking it back. They already increased Coalescing Visions from dailies, early on, then the Essences were bumped down to Revered, instead of Exalted, and now:

Items and Rewards
  • Torn Pages of “Fear and Flesh”
    • The number of Torn Pages of “Fear and Flesh” quest items required for the rank 13-15 cloak quests has been reduced.
      • Rank 13 now requires 4 Torn Pages (down from 6).
      • Rank 14 now requires 6 Torn Pages (down from 12).
      • Rank 15 now requires 8 Torn Pages (down from 18).
      • Developers’ note: This change should make all the quests completable by most players in the week and not require players to feel the need to save as many keys week to week. Along with our other quality-of-life changes, this should help newer characters catch up with their peers.
    • [With regional restarts] Up to 4 Torn Pages of "Fear and Flesh" quest items can now drop in Horrific Visions from objectives on the rank 7-11 legendary cloak upgrade quests (max of 2).
      • Developers’ note: Players will need to clear more than two side areas in one run to get more than two pages. The rank 13-15 quests will still drop a max of 2 pages, only from Lost Area objectives.
  • Coalescing Visions

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like they saw a mass of people quitting over their shitty grinds, this patch, as they keep walking it back. They already increased Coalescing Visions from dailies, early on, then the Essences were bumped down to Revered, instead of Exalted, and now:

Items and Rewards
  • Torn Pages of “Fear and Flesh”
    • The number of Torn Pages of “Fear and Flesh” quest items required for the rank 13-15 cloak quests has been reduced.
      • Rank 13 now requires 4 Torn Pages (down from 6).
      • Rank 14 now requires 6 Torn Pages (down from 12).
      • Rank 15 now requires 8 Torn Pages (down from 18).
      • Developers’ note: This change should make all the quests completable by most players in the week and not require players to feel the need to save as many keys week to week. Along with our other quality-of-life changes, this should help newer characters catch up with their peers.
    • [With regional restarts] Up to 4 Torn Pages of "Fear and Flesh"quest items can now drop in Horrific Visions from objectives on the rank 7-11 legendary cloak upgrade quests (max of 2).
      • Developers’ note: Players will need to clear more than two side areas in one run to get more than two pages. The rank 13-15 quests will still drop a max of 2 pages, only from Lost Area objectives.
  • Coalescing Visions

Oh wow, they massively decreased the effort required to do this after a ton of people put in the work to do it?!

giphy.gif

Perhaps the better option would to have made this a mage tower thing and not just homework to begin with.

Molten Core Raider
So what mundane grindy ass shit will they add on in SL I wonder. It started with dailies quests, then the farm in MoP, then the mission table/garrison, then world quests and leveling some piece of gear, now we have most of those chores plus the islands/warfronts. They just seem to be compounding the grind more and more with each expansion.

I havent logged in but once since the patch.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Encrypted builds are rolling over so I guess it's gonna be a couple weeks before the youtubers / streamers / influencers crowd get their hands on it and promote their content while not doing any useful / relevant feedback but showing off their rare mounts.

Are they to blame though? Next expac "alphas" feel more like social advertising nowadays, where reporting bugs is trivial and it's more about "omg let's have an EXCLUSIVE look at that mundane feature they havent' announced yet".

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't get that mentality tbh, they didn't massively decrease the past effort required to do this at all, it really only effects rank 12+ cloaks (especially 13-15) which nobody was at anyways until this week

you could literally only do the 2x weekly invasion thing and be rank 8-9 cloak right now with extremely minimal effort unless you're really bad and can't clear visions in which case this change wouldn't affect you anyways

now you can just run more visions if you want, which is good if you're into that content (I like em but not enough to do them for 9 months)

• 1Solidarity

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get that mentality tbh

It probably was a change they didn't care / didn't have time to implement before patch release and someone accidently looked at the scrapped 8.3 content and was like "hey wait guys, let's just push that, it's already done anyway".

Merrith

I don't get that mentality tbh, they didn't massively decrease the past effort required to do this at all, it really only effects rank 12+ cloaks (especially 13-15) which nobody was at anyways until this week

you could literally only do the 2x weekly invasion thing and be rank 8-9 cloak right now with extremely minimal effort unless you're really bad and can't clear visions in which case this change wouldn't affect you anyways

now you can just run more visions if you want, which is good if you're into that content (I like em but not enough to do them for 9 months)

No, now you can get more than 2 pages in a single run for the pre Rank 12 stuff. The ones you get out of the medium zones you can now get extras out of hard zones, too.

I've been full clearing very easily for a couple of weeks already, so the idea it was some "shitty grind" seems mildly amusing. It's pretty low effort, to be honest, as long as you understand the basics of the 5 Vessel limit and how many coalescing you were getting per day/week (prior to the changes where now the vessels are uncapped so it's all ezmode). Frankly you'd be running extra horrific just so you weren't overcapping coalescing or vessels anyways.

xzi

Mouthbreather
well regardless it doesn't affect any past efforts whatsoever lol, it just made the last bits of the cloak easier to obtain which is something they need to do more of when it comes to alts

xzi

Mouthbreather
No, now you can get more than 2 pages in a single run for the pre Rank 12 stuff. The ones you get out of the medium zones you can now get extras out of hard zones, too.

I've been full clearing very easily for a couple of weeks already, so the idea it was some "shitty grind" seems mildly amusing. It's pretty low effort, to be honest, as long as you understand the basics of the 5 Vessel limit and how many coalescing you were getting per day/week (prior to the changes where now the vessels are uncapped so it's all ezmode). Frankly you'd be running extra horrific just so you weren't overcapping coalescing or vessels anyways.

Yeah.. I understand you can get more pages but it still doesn't change any past effort whatsoever in any way?

Exactly what you said. Visions weren't some shitty grind, they were extremely easy to do and took all of 10 minutes per week. Now if you want to run more you can, I don't see the problem?

Merrith

Yeah.. I understand you can get more pages but it still doesn't change any past effort whatsoever in any way?

Exactly what you said. Visions weren't some shitty grind, they were extremely easy to do and took all of 10 minutes per week. Now if you want to run more you can, I don't see the problem?

Ah, yeah for those already up to Rank 12 or whatever it is this week, it doesn't matter. Plenty of people playing catch up for whatever reason, though, and they'll be able to do it a lot easier.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Either way, I welcome more buffs to things like this. If they gave me account wide essences I'd be pretty happy with the ending of BFA tbh

It's not great but they can make it more enjoyable to play to hold us over. It's more than they usually did this expansion, lol

xzi

Mouthbreather
why? you wouldn't do it anyways you would just call blizzard a bunch of fags and log off lmao

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Ironically, account wide essences don't really mean anything to me now that I've seen 8.3. I don't have any real urge to do anything on alts for this patch, probably just going to let the sub lapse soon b/c even doing it on the main feels like it's whatever at this point.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ironically, account wide essences don't really mean anything to me now that I've seen 8.3. I don't have any real urge to do anything on alts for this patch, probably just going to let the sub lapse soon b/c even doing it on the main feels like it's whatever at this point.

This is true you have to actually want to play the game for accountwide shit to matter. Thankfully Ion solved this issue by making people not even want to log in anymore.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Account wide essences mattered in 8.2. Now none of this grindy shit matters because the next step is a full reset of everything as usual.

Hope yall pre ordered shadowlands!!!

Itsgonnarock.jpeg

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
It matters because it's the end of the expansion and it's something more that will actually keep people playing. At this time in Legion they made legendaries account wide (and buyable on your mains for that matter), there's no reason for them to not do it again.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
it doesn't matter. Essences being an awful grind on alts for the entire duration of their implementation except the last patch is where blizzard fucked everyone in the ass.

Everyone i know who played always had multiple alts they loved to run shit on on off night. you know what people did this expansion? GRIND MORE FUCKING PEARLS ON THEIR ALTS FOR THEIR MAINS. that's it. A few outliers did grind all the essences for ONE alt and that was that. But it was such a fucking tedium most people got burnt the fuck out mid tier in palace.

Throwing you a bone after they're done fucking you senseless and left you on the floor with shit in your throat really means nothing.

There is zero reason those quality of life things couldn't be adopted before the last patch of the expansion, a patch that will mean jack and shit in the 9 months void before next grindfest they're preparing for you where all your gear will get reset. Again.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean, just because you don't play the game doesn't mean for everybody left they shouldn't make what's left actually enjoyable to play. It's literally the only thing that's stopped me and everybody I know that still actually plays from playing alts.

Mana pearl grind is irrelevant, it's not 8.2. Let alone the fact that you could actually grind them and not be hardcapped, unlike essences.

• 1Solidarity