World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Wait a minute. Ion actually said that there is no new version of warforging or titanforging? We are going back to real itemization?!

YUP, he said that in the interview. MMO champion posted some overview of what they talked about. Only dumb thing to me is they're still not planning on bringing back master loot. I mean I can survive without it but.. it's just stupid to me. Loot changes SOUND promising.

There's more info in this single interview than there was for 50% of BFA's beta. I'm kind of surprised.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
YUP, he said that in the interview. MMO champion posted some overview of what they talked about. Only dumb thing to me is they're still not planning on bringing back master loot. I mean I can survive without it but.. it's just stupid to me. Loot changes SOUND promising.

There's more info in this single interview than there was for 50% of BFA's beta. I'm kind of surprised.

Unfortunately their solution seems worse. "Instead of Titanforging, let's just have less loot drop so players have to do the same raid 30 weeks just to get their drops."

1586487568059.png

I really, really don't understand the all the Titanforging hate. You get loot frequently, and then rarely you get better loot. You don't wait 25 weeks for Drake Fang Talisman to drop a second time, which is what is what it sounds like we're going back to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
PvP gear is choosable, and m+ loot is going to allow several (different) options when you open your box, so I'm not too worried about it.

I personally am for titanforging but only with the ability to upgrade your items to be max level, similar to what they had in mop/wod if your trinket didnt +15 gooder. Was a good system and I'm not sure why exactly they got rid of it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
don't understand the all the Titanforging hate. You get loot frequently, and then rarely you get better loot. You don't wait 25 weeks for Drake Fang Talisman to drop a second time, which is what is what it sounds like we're going back to.

Well, part of the problem here is that there was no 'titanforging or less loot' dilemma until you invented one right here.

Other than that there's the usual 'How dare these scrubs have better gear than me just because they are lucky", but mostly it's because people like to be finished with stuff instead of hanging on for a exponentially dropping chance of random upgrades.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, part of the problem here is that there was no 'titanforging or less loot' dilemma until you invented one right here.
I didn't invent it, they just said they were going to drop less loot in raids.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I didn't invent it, they just said they were going to drop less loot in raids.

Yes. Then you went on to conflate that with no titanforging as a 'well, obviously those two have to go together', and then applied it back to years of previous discussion which never talked about loot amounts one way or another and expressed confusion that people wanted to have less loot just to get rid of titanforging.

xzi

Mouthbreather
either way, we won't know until the system actually goes live and untested, we'll find out soon enough!

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm all for no titanforging bullshit. Just go back to items having stats that aren't shit and no corruption or legendaries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck titanforging. We have enough randomness on loot. Legendaries I'm fine with, assuming I can control the grind for them.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
that second one is the mom from that 70s show

love it honestly, I'm a huge transmog/appearance slut so I can't wait for those all to be implemented, I want to see what the hell they're going to do with tauren

xzi

Mouthbreather
reddit on suicide watch because they gave blood elves blue eyes instead of making alliance high elves, I love it

• 2Worf

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
reddit on suicide watch because they gave blood elves blue eyes instead of making alliance high elves, I love it

Nothing tastier than the tears of people who play BE's.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
spriest still keeping void form. Oh well, maybe the next expansion then.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
So their take away from classic was that people liked 3 item drops in 40 man raids?

• 2Like