World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Max is 36 per 24 month period, 10 per week, if I'm looking at the most updated information. I only know because I was interested in putting a chunk of money into them and then sell them for their gold value in Shadowlands. But 36 only allows a shit margin when compared against the $5 difference.

Long Boy is no longer available once Shadowlands prepatch drops - so might as well buy it now. I've been watching a lot of the alpha footage since my office is outright dead... I would definitely recommend coming back for at least the first month on the Shadowlands expansion. As predicted, Blizzard seems to be following their trend of one good expansion, bad expansion, good expansion with their A and B team or w/e other theory exists.

I am not going to prepurchase Shadowlands been burned by "lessons learned' and broken promises by Blizzard too many times. The fact that they are removing shit like that mount is also just a cash grab bullshit. Removing things from MMO's are stupid. It might be the best game in the world but until I see nonstop praise I wont even look at Shadowlands. I will play Classic and TBC if they release it but I have so little interest in what they are currently doing with the game it is unreal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont agree with the removal of content either. Removing the opportunity to get a 5 million gold mount screams elitist to me, considering most people dont have that kind of gold. After reading this forum, you would think it's just a drop in the bucket for our massive pockets of gold - but ya.. I just want an Arcanite Ripper bro, thats it. But I guess it could be a cash grab too. Though, that'd be outrageous if someone spent $740 on a mount that old. At least it would to me.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
Too soon to come back before expac to get familiar again? I assume expac will be July/August or does anyone know?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Removing that mount is real, real stupid. The only "achievement" associated with it is having enough gold to click buy.

Daidraco

Too soon to come back before expac to get familiar again? I assume expac will be July/August or does anyone know?

Only announced as "Coming 2020" - Covenants are in their infancy still. Abilities from the Kyrian and Venthyr have been released for testing, but are wildly unbalanced just between the two covenants. The other two have not been released, nor have their respective abilities or zones. Anima (AP 3.0) is implemented only in its most basic form/currency. Soul Binding itself is not implemented at all. Most of your dungeons are unavailable. Torghast is only available to 1/3 of the classes (Or rather, the rogue like abilities from it for the classes). Torghast is also wildly unbalanced with players becoming God Like in the higher floors. A lot of Quests are missing, such as the introduction to Torghast. The starting zone is only implemented for the Alliance right now and is incomplete. Hordes starting area doesnt exist at all. Transition from the starting island to the expansion of your choice is barely implemented right now, and bare bones. Classes have had abilities added, and pruned - some are a complete shit show now versus others being insanely fun and OP to play.

TL;DR - The expansion is no where near release ready and I dont expect it to drop till late this year (November'ish) - At least, I hope its given that long to bake.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't like that they're removing it, but I wouldn't be against if they decided to make it cost even more in the future.

At least this time they gave warning a a good year+ in advance instead of 3 weeks before prepatch. I'm a little over halfway to getting it myself, but I've been slacking so fucking bad lol. Started at 0 after buying shadowlands 100$ shit when tokens were extremely high (mistakes were made)

Daidraco

I don't like that they're removing it, but I wouldn't be against if they decided to make it cost even more in the future.

At least this time they gave warning a a good year+ in advance instead of 3 weeks before prepatch. I'm a little over halfway to getting it myself, but I've been slacking so fucking bad lol. Started at 0 after buying shadowlands 100$ shit when tokens were extremely high (mistakes were made)
Got anymore games you want me to buy for you?
CHAPPELLE_01_0102_TYRONE_640x360.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I want to come back and play a bit if the M+ meta is actually fun again. Raid schedules are too much time, and BFA just fucking shat on any fun M+ had.
Yeah same:

M+ is really really fun. What are the steps I need to do to participate in said content? Oh, I need to get some sort of cloak and level it? What happened to my neck? I was leveling that a while ago. And there is some sort of corruption on gear that i need to raise or lower or something? Or farm? Who knows. And there is some sort of darkness event in orgrimmar I farm for masks or some shit? Um I guess I will just do none of those things and not play retail.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
WoW players: I wish there was more stuff to do.
Blizzard: *makes more stuff to do*
WoW players: I didn't actually want to have to do the stuff.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
honestly you don't need to do any of that shit unless you're pushing keys past +15

you'll feel stupid for not doing it if you're dps, and I would never invite you, but you don't need to even have corruption or a cloak. Essences for returning players are still awful though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I am not going to prepurchase Shadowlands been burned by "lessons learned' and broken promises by Blizzard too many times. The fact that they are removing shit like that mount is also just a cash grab bullshit. Removing things from MMO's are stupid. It might be the best game in the world but until I see nonstop praise I wont even look at Shadowlands. I will play Classic and TBC if they release it but I have so little interest in what they are currently doing with the game it is unreal.

I have a feeling that SL will be another steaming pile like BFA.

Merrith

It's actually - WoW players: I wish there was more GOOD stuff to do.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
All I want to do is M+ and raid. Everything else I despise.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I will say the Assault zones are fucking dogshit compared to Mechagon or Nazjatar.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
All I want to do is M+ and raid. Everything else I despise.

If that was all you had to do in retail it would actually be a solid MMO. No Pokémon, no wizard chores, no collecting bear asses for Khadbro, no Facebook bullshit mini games, no leveling up Magic widget with retard juice.

Just simple kill monsters in dungeons and kill monsters in game for simple loot I put on and enjoy, no need to 3rd party sim some super nerd shit some slant eye mapped out to know if X-breastplate of windowlicking was better than Y-breastplate of the gay is better because nobody can even tell.

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If that was all you had to do in retail it would actually be a solid MMO. No Pokémon, no wizard chores, no collecting bear asses for Khadbro, no Facebook bullshit mini games, no leveling up Magic widget with retard juice.

Just simple kill monsters in dungeons and kill monsters in game for simple loot I put on and enjoy, no need to 3rd party sim some super nerd shit some slant eye mapped out to know if X-breastplate of windowlicking was better than Y-breastplate of the gay is better because nobody can even tell.

But if you have the big dick sword of neckbearding all the plebs no you are a poopsocker to be admired.