World of Warcraft: Current Year

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah same:

M+ is really really fun. What are the steps I need to do to participate in said content? Oh, I need to get some sort of cloak and level it? What happened to my neck? I was leveling that a while ago. And there is some sort of corruption on gear that i need to raise or lower or something? Or farm? Who knows. And there is some sort of darkness event in orgrimmar I farm for masks or some shit? Um I guess I will just do none of those things and not play retail.
Yeah, I'm just following the alpha casually to see if they fix it for SL. Otherwise, fuck this BFA garbage and the essences.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Sorry if I'm kind of hijacking the thread but I'm not sure where else to turn to after trying other things.

Just 3 days ago, I was playing WoW and suddenly got disconnected with a message saying my account had been suspended for six months. I also received two e-mails from Blizzard : one saying my subscription was cancelled, and the other explaining the suspension by saying it was due to "real-money trading".

I have absolutely no idea how that could be possible.

I've been playing the game since it came out, mostly as a solo player doing old content and dungeons to collect pets, mounts, mogs, the like.. I've never paid for a carry run or sold any service to anyone, I even rarely buy stuff from AH, and never from face to face players. I'm basically playing the game as a solo RPG.

I submitted an appeal on the site to overturn the penalty, and it was answered a day later saying that "the initial findings were confirmed and the suspension would not be overturned".

The catch is, I don't know what those findings could possibly be. I submitted another appeal asking them for more information, to have a discussion live with a representative so we could sort this out because it just has to be a mistake. That was answered today with a message saying "no details will be given and further requests on this matter will be ignored".

So I am at a loss. I don't know what I did wrong, in fact I know I did nothing wrong, but I'm facing faceless GMs not even sharing the evidence or taking the time to review the problem with me.

So basically I'm posting here because if someone has any advice they can provide, a phone number, a friend they know who works at BlizzardCS or any other positive thing they can do to attempt and help me fix this mess, I'll be glad to accept it.

I ask that people not be mean or harsh on this matter by saying I'm just lying to cover my ass because honestly, I know where I'm posting. I've been on these forums for 15 years since just after the noows days and I know a bunch of people here have used bots and other cheats in various games and if I had cheated and was trying to get my ass out of the fire, I'd just be saying so and asking for help.

But I'm 100% saying the truth when I say I have no idea what they could have found on my account that led to this. Funny thing too is that I have a second account linked to the first one, with the same e-mail address and Battle.net, and that one wasn't locked... so that's kind of strange isn't it? Wouldn't they have locked both accounts?

TL;DR : I am banned for six months, I don't know why, and I need help trying to fix this if anyone can think of any way to fix it. Thanks for your time.

EDIT : after advice below, here's the link to the Reddit post I made to try and get help from a BlizzardCS representative, any upvote will help greatly to sort this mess, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
Their new(ish) policy is that they don't share what the reason is you're banned. Not sure why because it's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard of.

They also only ban the account that is directly related, you can have like 10 accounts on one email and if one gets popped for botting and banned for 6 years the other 9 are completely fine because the way they see it is only that one was responsible.

Anyways, assuming you're not lying your best bet is to post on reddit and hope it gets upvoted so it eventually gets seen by a CM. We used to have a few blizz employees here but they've all disappeared lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can keep trying and eventually you might get in touch with a GM who isn't a cunt but I've heard your exact story from a lot of different people. Either you keep trying and eventually you get through to someone willing to take another look, or you chalk it up and tell Blizzard to fuck off and never give them your money again.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Their new(ish) policy is that they don't share what the reason is you're banned. Not sure why because it's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard of.

They also only ban the account that is directly related, you can have like 10 accounts on one email and if one gets popped for botting and banned for 6 years the other 9 are completely fine because the way they see it is only that one was responsible.

Anyways, assuming you're not lying your best bet is to post on reddit and hope it gets upvoted so it eventually gets seen by a CM. We used to have a few blizz employees here but they've all disappeared lol.

Thanks for assuming I'm not lying I guess! Anyway I did find on a Google search some people that got help from Reddit, but the kind ones seem to have gone onto greener pastures. I posted anyway, if some of you guys want to upvote it just in case, here's the link, I appreciate it.

You can keep trying and eventually you might get in touch with a GM who isn't a cunt but I've heard your exact story from a lot of different people. Either you keep trying and eventually you get through to someone willing to take another look, or you chalk it up and tell Blizzard to fuck off and never give them your money again.

Yeah that's what I'm doing for now. Every time I see an "answer" basically saying that it's that and fuck off, I open another ticket and ask them if they can take a moment to check it again because it has to be a mistake.. hopefully they won't just block or mute it or whatever.

I'll be honest, I've been a huge fanboi for 20 years but this has broken something inside me, I don't even feel like playing my other account at the moment (it only has 1 character I used to camp rares, the rest of all my stuff is on the other blocked account), hell I'm not even touching Overwatch because I'm that pissed at Blizzard right now.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Hopefully someone with a magic BlizzCS wand shows up.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Blizzard as a company is a pale comparison to what they used to be, sadly the story you are telling has become common place. Usually the first thing people would do is assume you are lying and leaving stuff out, because 90% of the time that is what it was, but these days with automated replies and shit false positives can happen assuming you are forthright with us.

The best you can do is what you are doing don’t take no for an answer and escalate it as far as you have to in order to get your account back, the other alternative is tell Blizzard to suck a bag of crushed assholes and never play their games again.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Blizzard as a company is a pale comparison to what they used to be, sadly the story you are telling has become common place. Usually the first thing people would do is assume you are lying and leaving stuff out, because 90% of the time that is what it was, but these days with automated replies and shit false positives can happen assuming you are forthright with us.

The best you can do is what you are doing don’t take no for an answer and escalate it as far as you have to in order to get your account back, the other alternative is tell Blizzard to suck a bag of crushed assholes and never play their games again.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Again, I don't really see why I'd be posting this shit here if I was guilty of anything, but more than not being able to play a game I enjoy, it's the injustice I'm feeling that's driving me up the fucking wall.

I'm going to keep trying, thanks again.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Worst case start an actual thread not just a response to the CM thread, but ya never know.

I don't know you so I don't believe you or think you're lying, but like half this thread has been banned for botting at some point lmfao. I wish you the best though, if blizzard banned me I'd just be fucking done with the game finally. The only world in which I want to start over is a WoW 2 where they fully wipe everything.

• 1Salty

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If that was all you had to do in retail it would actually be a solid MMO. No Pokémon, no wizard chores, no collecting bear asses for Khadbro, no Facebook bullshit mini games, no leveling up Magic widget with retard juice.

Just simple kill monsters in dungeons and kill monsters in game for simple loot I put on and enjoy, no need to 3rd party sim some super nerd shit some slant eye mapped out to know if X-breastplate of windowlicking was better than Y-breastplate of the gay is better because nobody can even tell.

To be fair everything with the Pet Battles have always been a side thing. They have never impacted anything you have had to get outside of collection or a tiny bit of rep you would miss out on a WQ. I wouldn't mind if they added more things like that actually. Have a ton of parallel progression systems that don't affect the others.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
honestly I love pet battles because I like having some black market of selling pets that I've already used. There's no restrictions, the orgrimmar guards don't care if you put a pet bat next to a pet pangolin. I'm starting the next blood plague and I'm getting rich off of it BAYBEEEEEEE

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Rextroy back it. Dude is solely responsible for Last Defender getting nerfed more than once in the last 2 expansions. What a Chad.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry if I'm kind of hijacking the thread but I'm not sure where else to turn to after trying other things.

Just 3 days ago, I was playing WoW and suddenly got disconnected with a message saying my account had been suspended for six months. I also received two e-mails from Blizzard : one saying my subscription was cancelled, and the other explaining the suspension by saying it was due to "real-money trading".

I have absolutely no idea how that could be possible.

I've been playing the game since it came out, mostly as a solo player doing old content and dungeons to collect pets, mounts, mogs, the like.. I've never paid for a carry run or sold any service to anyone, I even rarely buy stuff from AH, and never from face to face players. I'm basically playing the game as a solo RPG.

I submitted an appeal on the site to overturn the penalty, and it was answered a day later saying that "the initial findings were confirmed and the suspension would not be overturned".

The catch is, I don't know what those findings could possibly be. I submitted another appeal asking them for more information, to have a discussion live with a representative so we could sort this out because it just has to be a mistake. That was answered today with a message saying "no details will be given and further requests on this matter will be ignored".

So I am at a loss. I don't know what I did wrong, in fact I know I did nothing wrong, but I'm facing faceless GMs not even sharing the evidence or taking the time to review the problem with me.

So basically I'm posting here because if someone has any advice they can provide, a phone number, a friend they know who works at BlizzardCS or any other positive thing they can do to attempt and help me fix this mess, I'll be glad to accept it.

I ask that people not be mean or harsh on this matter by saying I'm just lying to cover my ass because honestly, I know where I'm posting. I've been on these forums for 15 years since just after the noows days and I know a bunch of people here have used bots and other cheats in various games and if I had cheated and was trying to get my ass out of the fire, I'd just be saying so and asking for help.

But I'm 100% saying the truth when I say I have no idea what they could have found on my account that led to this. Funny thing too is that I have a second account linked to the first one, with the same e-mail address and Battle.net, and that one wasn't locked... so that's kind of strange isn't it? Wouldn't they have locked both accounts?

TL;DR : I am banned for six months, I don't know why, and I need help trying to fix this if anyone can think of any way to fix it. Thanks for your time.

EDIT : after advice below, here's the link to the Reddit post I made to try and get help from a BlizzardCS representative, any upvote will help greatly to sort this mess, thanks in advance.
Do you have two factor authentication? I got password reset requests on some of my old trial accounts tied to old emails. If you don't have two factor set up, they probably got in to your account.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Do you have two factor authentication? I got password reset requests on some of my old trial accounts tied to old emails. If you don't have two factor set up, they probably got in to your account.

I have an authenticator yes. A couple months ago I got an e-mail from Google saying to change all my saved passwords because they got breached and they weren't secure anymore, I changed most of it but I didn't change WoW because I had an authenticator and figured it was safe. That being said, I didn't notice anything weird going on in my game, so I don't -think- I was hacked or anything, but at this point I don't even know anymore.

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
really enjoyimg tankimg keys om DH im 471 equipped and ive hit the breakpoint of being able to outheal mobs in high keys.

pulled too much in a +15, group died and i solod the pack until everyone released and ran back (pack on the bridge in shrine)

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Cuts down on support cost (which is a big metric in modern Blizzard). You can't spend time with support if support is told to not discuss with you. The handful of cases where RMT did not happen aren't worth the cost these days, as they no longer really care about reputation.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I have an authenticator yes. A couple months ago I got an e-mail from Google saying to change all my saved passwords because they got breached and they weren't secure anymore, I changed most of it but I didn't change WoW because I had an authenticator and figured it was safe. That being said, I didn't notice anything weird going on in my game, so I don't -think- I was hacked or anything, but at this point I don't even know anymore.

Someone got into my account while I was sleeping. I noticed my iLVL was low and found some of my gear in a bag and gear from a low level dungeon that I'd never been to. Blizz couldn't tell me jack shit about it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot of their processes are automated nowadays, they made drastic cost cuts over the years. Your account could have been wrongfully flagged by the algorithm, especially if you're running old dungeons / raids. It's rare but it happens. Reddit method is good, but just keep emailing them at least once per day, everything is logged, after some time your ticket may be escalated to a real person who may look into your account.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
H Xanesh is aids beyond belief.

Heroic is nothing. You can kick as many times as you want and even fuck up one round without wiping. Now mythic, that is aids. Every single orb must be successfully shot to the goal in only three shots, every kick spawns a void add that continually casts raid wide fear, and a single mistake one shots the entire raid.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what's the deal with the level squish? I assume it's coming in the prepatch. I've heard good things about it. I was considering doing some casual leveling shit while the xp buff was going on. I figure with heirlooms and 100% xp leveling is pretty fucking fun right now.

How is leveling now from 1-120?