World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Unless it's a completely harmless exploit, like stacking an experience potion to make leveling alts faster.

Then you will suffer for your actions.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1588695057307.png

On both of my characters. FML.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
You get a bunch doing the war campaign itself which you need to do at up to a point but yeah you get a ton of Honorbound rep just doing random shit.

The one you probably want to unlock early is Mechagon, there's a daily WQ there that gives a whooping 1700rep, so you can get that out of the way every day and slowly build up without having to worry about too much shit. Have to do the questline to open it, takes like 20mins or so.

Thanks for the advice, I got that out of the way instead of waiting to be finished with the war campaign.

Looks like the most annoying rep in the end is going to be Tortolans, I don't remember too many quests for them so it's just WQ/Emissary I guess...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They have questlines here and there but not a full zone dedicated to them so it's probably more annoying to track down yeah. What I just did is switch up my contract to them since it makes more sense. You can buy contracts at the AH, they give you a 7days buff that gives you 20rep(10base but doubled atm) for every WQ you do, regardless of what rep they usually give. So that helps a bit.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for the advice, I got that out of the way instead of waiting to be finished with the war campaign.

Looks like the most annoying rep in the end is going to be Tortolans, I don't remember too many quests for them so it's just WQ/Emissary I guess...

Torts always lagged behind, yeah. Sometimes you get cooking WQ's in addition to their X amount per day which you can do for a little extra rep, but it isn't much. Aside from their main quest area for Horde/Alliance, there's a few scattered NPC quest chains that give some rep for them off the beaten path. I remember a couple in Nazmir (I was Alliance).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Their WQs seem to give more than others though, generally get 300 for them. And at least for the flying shit, you only need Revered, not full Exalted, only need Exalted for the ones that unlock races(so Zandalari and Voldunai which are both pretty easy to get). I'm only honored with them but haven't done a single one of their quests yet, so I expect it won't be that much effort.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Sorry about re-derailing a little but I got some updates about my six months suspension..

After five tickets, one GM was finally willing to tell me some information, one of my characters was used on April 21 to advertise six times in the span of a few minutes for a real-money trading website, and then I was suspended without warning ten days later (May 1st). I've since changed my password and have noticed that on the Blizzard website it lists my last few connections and their location and one of them is in my country but in another city about 520km from where I live... the GM that replied said that my "location was rock solid at all times" and so they're upholding the suspension...

my question to you guys, is it possible that someone who had compromised my e-mail (been receiving tons of phishing lately) and knew my address (with my e-mail you can easily find me on social networks and learn info) could use a VPN-like technology to pretend they're at my location or near it?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Sorry about re-derailing a little but I got some updates about my six months suspension..

After five tickets, one GM was finally willing to tell me some information, one of my characters was used on April 21 to advertise six times in the span of a few minutes for a real-money trading website, and then I was suspended without warning ten days later (May 1st). I've since changed my password and have noticed that on the Blizzard website it lists my last few connections and their location and one of them is in my country but in another city about 520km from where I live... the GM that replied said that my "location was rock solid at all times" and so they're upholding the suspension...

my question to you guys, is it possible that someone who had compromised my e-mail (been receiving tons of phishing lately) and knew my address (with my e-mail you can easily find me on social networks and learn info) could use a VPN-like technology to pretend they're at my location or near it?

Blizz support are a bunch of zero-skill idiots. They said there was nothing out of the ordinary with my log in. Well...I don't game when I am sleeping, so either someone snuck into my house to run dungeons, or they don't know how to do anything.

They never resolved my issue with a Hunter spec being bugged from Legion quest. I tried many times and gave up. Good thing I didn't want to switch specs.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Blizz support are a bunch of zero-skill idiots. They said there was nothing out of the ordinary with my log in. Well...I don't game when I am sleeping, so either someone snuck into my house to run dungeons, or they don't know how to do anything.

They never resolved my issue with a Hunter spec being bugged from Legion quest. I tried many times and gave up. Good thing I didn't want to switch specs.

Well nevermind, I guess I'm done trying to get my account back. I received a warning on my account and they said if I send more tickets to ask them to help fix my hacked account, they'll terminate my battle.net account. So much for valued customers.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Did you have an Authenticator? Blizzard is very 'fuck you' if not.

I did. But my password wasn't very secure and could have been compromised when Google's saved passwords database was breached a few months back (Google mailed me about it). I had changed all my sensitive passwords to LastPass except WoW's because LastPass cannot autofill passwords into WoW's window, and I figured I was safe with an authenticator.

A friend of mine who works in network security told me it's very possible to fool Blizzard's detection systems with a VPN to make the system believe you're accessing the game from the compromised player's usual location, so the authenticator doesn't even request a code.. anyway, I'm fucked for six months, oh well.

xzi

Mouthbreather
pugged wrathion tonight, took like 4 pulls & got the mythic trinket & the tank weapon that makes me dragons breath which is dank cause I only dps on prot

honestly that weapon is going to make visions a lot easier, does anybody know how much gold runs sell for? I can pretty easily carry someone in a 5mask

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
pugged wrathion tonight, took like 4 pulls & got the mythic trinket & the tank weapon that makes me dragons breath which is dank cause I only dps on prot

honestly that weapon is going to make visions a lot easier, does anybody know how much gold runs sell for? I can pretty easily carry someone in a 5mask
It's really hard to 5mask carry if the person doesn't at least have an 11 cloak.

You can probably get 160-200k for a 5mask.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Those prices are fucking obnoxious, I might get in on this lol. I'll just ask a friend to bring his alt to make sure I can do it first, but I'm at the point in visions where I'm not even using orbs until I get to the last boss (assuming I don't loot anything).

At 3m gold.. still working for the bruto, but fuck

velk

Trakanon Raider
A friend of mine who works in network security told me it's very possible to fool Blizzard's detection systems with a VPN to make the system believe you're accessing the game from the compromised player's usual location, so the authenticator doesn't even request a code.. anyway, I'm fucked for six months, oh well.

It's *possible*, but that's a lot of effort for a couple of minutes of in-game spamming.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw Malkav Malkav I just noticed this yesterday but flying in BFA involves doing 100 unique world quests. Not just 100WQs, they have to be 100 different ones. I suggest getting Re-quest which is an addon that tracks shit you have completed, it won't retroactively check the quest though cause it's not possible, so the earlier the better. It doesn't seem THAT bad but I figure once I'm at 85+ it's gonna get annoying doing shit I've already done and not getting credit.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Btw Malkav Malkav I just noticed this yesterday but flying in BFA involves doing 100 unique world quests. Not just 100WQs, they have to be 100 different ones. I suggest getting Re-quest which is an addon that tracks shit you have completed, it won't retroactively check the quest though cause it's not possible, so the earlier the better. It doesn't seem THAT bad but I figure once I'm at 85+ it's gonna get annoying doing shit I've already done and not getting credit.

Good point thanks! Didn't realise it was 100 "unique" WQs. Sounds like a pain in the ass.

Been focusing on Ankoan and Rustbolt the last 2 days, which I now have at Honored, i'll get back to war campaign/Tiragarde/Stormsong this weekend.

Also, Champion of Azeroth emissary popped today, so that's nice.

Bought a Tortolan contract, only to realise I need to be at least friendly to use it, so I need to get to that too.

Edit : I also found the addon Tortollan Quest Chain Completion, which tracks and let you know of the various Tortollan quest chains you haven't completed. Beats waiting for their WQs.

• 1Like