World of Warcraft: Current Year

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Alright got all BFA reps to exalted besides the 2 that aren't buffed, and all legion reps besides Stormheim ones, probably take a couple more days of WQs there, feels good to have all that shit cleared out finally. Working back on Suramar questline to unlock ugly elves, then maybe I'll grind silvermoon rep for the BE heritage armor looks pretty neat, then it's leveling time, still need to get my monk and warrior to 120, probably my DH too and then maybe one more, priest or warlock or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Bro, wtf posting a 20+ min YT video.

But actually, yup, saying the exact same thing all of us are. Hopefully they come up with something better.

I told people they were going to iterate on all their bad ideas they came up with in BFA and double down on them.

Blizz are going to go full mental on bad ideas in SL. If you folks thought BfA was bad....just wait.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I was actually thinking of renewing my sub for the next exp just because of the tower and how it functions but if they implement a timer (any timer) they can fuck off

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
So far the timer is literally a non issue for anybody in terms of gameplay. It's just annoying. But if that's the case then why even add it?

Anyways I did mythic tomb last week and got boe plate boots that sold for 200k, feels JUICY

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright got all BFA reps to exalted besides the 2 that aren't buffed, and all legion reps besides Stormheim ones, probably take a couple more days of WQs there, feels good to have all that shit cleared out finally. Working back on Suramar questline to unlock ugly elves, then maybe I'll grind silvermoon rep for the BE heritage armor looks pretty neat, then it's leveling time, still need to get my monk and warrior to 120, probably my DH too and then maybe one more, priest or warlock or something.
I realized yesterday I haven’t even started Mechagon for flying. RIP. No way I’ll have it before the rep buff is gone.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Mechagon actually isn't that bad if you do everything available, even better on the days when the jet packs are up because it just gives you flying.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Mechagon is more of the world content I'd like to see, for sure. Could care less for the dailies, but you know what I mean when it comes to everything else there.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So far the timer is literally a non issue for anybody in terms of gameplay

It's just annoying

giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
12% more damage taken is not what's going to kill you? Huh?

If there was a cloak enchant that was 12% less damage taken even the DPS would take that enchant. Every time.

• 1Truth!

xzi

Mouthbreather
Okay but you're talking about an "infinite" scaling system where you ARE going to get to the point where a mini boss is hitting you for 90% of your life, yes technically in that case 12% more damage taken is the reason that will kill you, but you were dead on the second hit regardless (or the third if you defensive).

Let alone if they actually have mechanics that overlap with mechanics that overlap with other mobs, like in visions getting stunned because you missed the interrupt while 5 other mobs just fucking obliterate you say hi. The debuff helps, but it's not the primary reason you're dying? I'm not defending the system, I think it's dogshit because I am sick of time trials and it is inherently a timed run no matter how minimal the impact is.

Khane

It also hilariously will have the opposite of intended effect.

"We're about to pull the floor boss but we're already doing 8% less damage and lust is 3 minutes away, I don't think we can kill him at 8% without lust but we can at 11% with lust so let's wait"

Essentially they sold Torghast as a roguelike but with every iteration it becomes less and less like a roguelike or even a roguelite.

EDIT: Honestly the save chromie scenario was more of a roguelike than Torghast is at the moment.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why not do what Dead Cells does and have certain bonus doors that lock if you don't get to them within the timer?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Good news is it's still early and there's time for them to change it but uh this is also blizzard

• 1Truth!

Khane

Good news is it's still early and there's time for them to change it but uh this is also blizzard

Oh they'll keep changing it. Until it's "Torghast: The never-ending M+ with random seasonal affix debuffs!"

• 1Truth!
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Oh they'll keep changing it. Until it's "Torghast: The never-ending M+ with random seasonal affix debuffs!"

And then it'll be the new e-sport and no one will give a fuck, like the MDI. Sigh

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can't remember, is Torghast going to have leaderboards so everyone can see what the best things are and then I can get nerfed for a thing I don't do in a game mode I'm rarely in?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I realized yesterday I haven’t even started Mechagon for flying. RIP. No way I’ll have it before the rep buff is gone.

Xzi is spot on. I hate f'n gnomes.. I really hate the Mechagnome skin. But that zone is fun if you give it a chance. If you get the Blueprint for Anti Gravity Pack (Drops from Rockfeather up on the very very back mountain around a bunch of crows, and Beast Bot - A bot that will be up all the time in the town next to the quest hub, but someone will need to give him a power core, (blue print for it lying on the ground 60.93 41.57) in order to kill him.) Rinse/repeat when you do the dailies on these two until you get that pack.) Once you have the Anti Gravity Pack, your dailies will take all of 5 minutes, even if its rares or chests to find - just get Rare Scanner and Rare Share addons and your life will be so much simpler.

If, by the time you've done dailies there for 3 or 4 days you dont find something that peaks your interest, then ya.. it might drag a bit. But you can blow through the place with just the dailies and story quests and have it done within .. I want to say a week? But I'm not even sure it took me a week to get revered. Feels like i got it in maybe 5 days? But I got caught up in some of the dumbest collection shit there, which I never do and was totally surprised I was doing it. Like the Miniatures collection or just collecting blue prints period. All that stuff gives rep , killing rares, chest etc. (too bad you cant really look at the miniatures, or place them.. or anything fun to look at, just chiev's). If you kill rares, and you actually do find something worth using your time on in there - then get Tom Tom for the zone and it'll show you where rares typically spawn, and what they drop. I cant get Rustfeather to drop his f'n mount and I despise having to wait - its just he dies so quick that you cant really rely custom groups to find him quick enough to join and he still be alive.

Last edited: