World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I can't remember, is Torghast going to have leaderboards so everyone can see what the best things are and then I can get nerfed for a thing I don't do in a game mode I'm rarely in?

No, or at least they said they have no plans for it at launch. In the future who knows.

I'm sure raider.io will make up for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
taking 12% more damage is not what is going to kill you. But like I said in that same post, if that's the case then why even add it?
People also don’t grok how huge the amps from anima is. Some testers literally afk’ed for an hour in front of a hard elite pack and basically can’t see any real difference. Frankly with as non issue as they are is probably the big reason to remove them. They are basically the perception of a timer without having any actual impact on the people whose behavior they are trying to modify.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Man if only players would stop playing the game the wrong way, and would just have fun how we want them too. Your fun is wrong if it doesn’t follow our guidelines.

Don’t worry we’ll just add shit to force them to play our way.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I refuse to test games anymore specifically for this reason. Getting all worked up about a game 6 months before it comes out when it's going to change a bunch of times in Alpha, a bunch more in beta, and then a bunch more once people start bitching about it in live is not even remotely worth it.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Started playing again the other day and decided to try out an Elemental Shaman, I mostly played a Hunter last time with a a bit of Mage. How would the Shaman compare? Don't care about "endgame" raiding or Mythic stuff, just general fun leveling / dungeons.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mechagon is pretty fun. It's far and away better then getting revered with Uldum Accord. This is by far the worst thing I've had to do since coming back. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong? Dailies and WQs for rep? This shit is going to take like 2 or 3 weeks.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The outdoor "assault" zones in 8.3 are probably the worst content in the entire expansion.

You can do the little mini-events scattered around the zone to speed up the rep grind a little, but it still sucks.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Mechagon is pretty fun. It's far and away better then getting revered with Uldum Accord. This is by far the worst thing I've had to do since coming back. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong? Dailies and WQs for rep? This shit is going to take like 2 or 3 weeks.
I mean you don't need these for flying, and they're not doubled by the buff so they're more "normal", the others aren't so bad cause they're doubled.

Mechagon is nice enough but you kinda want to unlock it early, you get 1700 a day just doing the generic event(6 chests, 3 rares or "activities" which is just doing whatever), can generally get it done in 5 to 10minutes and even skipping all the other shit it's decent rep.

Once they remove that rep though a lot of this shit will feel bad. Revered is like halfway compared to exalted though it's not THAT much farming for most stuff for flying, I just wanted exalted for mounts and recipes and whatever else, I didn't even check if there's anything worth using just figured I'd get it done before the buff is off.

The leveling is pretty ass though. It's quick enough, but you have to slog through old zones, but you also can't really get a nice feel for the expansion cause you outlevel them so fast. Wish they'd patch in the Shadowlands leveling shit early, I just want to do like Pandaria or Cataclysm or WoD entirely, and not this mish mash of stuff. I'm probably going to finish the zone I'm on and install the addon that tells you where to go and stop reading until Shadowlands shit.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean you don't need these for flying, and they're not doubled by the buff so they're more "normal", the others aren't so bad cause they're doubled.

Mechagon is nice enough but you kinda want to unlock it early, you get 1700 a day just doing the generic event(6 chests, 3 rares or "activities" which is just doing whatever), can generally get it done in 5 to 10minutes and even skipping all the other shit it's decent rep.

Once they remove that rep though a lot of this shit will feel bad. Revered is like halfway compared to exalted though it's not THAT much farming for most stuff for flying, I just wanted exalted for mounts and recipes and whatever else, I didn't even check if there's anything worth using just figured I'd get it done before the buff is off.

The leveling is pretty ass though. It's quick enough, but you have to slog through old zones, but you also can't really get a nice feel for the expansion cause you outlevel them so fast. Wish they'd patch in the Shadowlands leveling shit early, I just want to do like Pandaria or Cataclysm or WoD entirely, and not this mish mash of stuff. I'm probably going to finish the zone I'm on and install the addon that tells you where to go and stop reading until Shadowlands shit.

I have to get Uldum for BIS essence.

Also I just realized I have to go through Mechagon AND Nazjatar for my BIS essences for my Warrior. Unless I'm stupid and I can somehow get them on my Rogue (they are tank essences) and then unlock them the "alt" way with that currency shit on my Warrior?

If not and they take away the rep buff on Tuesday (99% they will) then I guess I'm not playing a tank alt.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have to get Uldum for BIS essence.

Also I just realized I have to go through Mechagon AND Nazjatar for my BIS essences for my Warrior. Unless I'm stupid and I can somehow get them on my Rogue (they are tank essences) and then unlock them the "alt" way with that currency shit on my Warrior?

If not and they take away the rep buff on Tuesday (99% they will) then I guess I'm not playing a tank alt.
"We’ve just made a significant update to the new Echoes of Ny’alotha system, with the goal of making Essences much more available to your characters whose specializations put them in different roles (tanking, healing, damage).

With this change, we’ve lifted the restrictions on acquiring role-specific Azerite Essences from MOTHER. Now, the various ways that you obtain Rank 3 tanking, healing, or damage-specific Essences are now grouped together. If you’ve earned any of the three Essences in these groups, all three of the Essences will be unlocked for purchase from MOTHER with Echoes of Ny’alotha:
  • Spark of Inspiration, Unwavering Ward, Strength of the Warden (obtained from Horrific Visions)
  • Touch of the Everlasting, Spirit of Preservation, Breath of the Dying (obtained from reputation with Rajani)
  • Blood of the Enemy, Artifice of Time, Sphere of Suppression (obtained from Battlegrounds)
  • Condensed Life Force, Vitality Conduit, Azeroth’s Undying Gift (obtained from raiding in The Eternal Palace)
  • Essence of the Focusing Iris, Life-Binder’s Invocation, Anima of Life and Death (obtained from Mythic Keystone dungeons)
As a reminder, this was already the case with Purification Protocol, Nullifcation Dynamo, and Well of Existence (the Rustbolt Resistance Essences) as well as The Ever-Rising Tide, Aegis of the Deep, and The Unbound Force (the Nazjatar Essences).

A side-effect of this change is that even a single character now has a way to obtain these off-role Essences, and can either use Echoes to purchase them from MOTHER or use the original means of acquisition. That means that your Priest who raided Azshara in Shadow-spec and got Condensed Life-Force up to Rank 3 is now able to obtain Vitality Conduit from MOTHER for a Holy-spec healing boost.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this! "

So it should work by just buying it on your main.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course I should've known that...

But really, I think WOWs biggest issue has always been the lack of information they give to players. I mean, I know they off source a lot of work onto wowhead and warcraftlogs and raiderio and addons, and it probably saves them development time for content. But you would think that a basic DPS meter would've been implemented by now. The reason the bottom 80% of the game is so bad is they literally get no feedback if they are playing the game like shit.

They were really headed in the right direction with Proving Grounds and Mage Tower. They could've expanded that a shit ton and "ranked" players together to better identify people. Right now Raider.IO and Mythic progression is about as good as it gets (with a raider.io addon lol). With the occasional linking of achievments.

Not saying that's my excuse for not looking that shit up. I should know better.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course I should've known that...

But really, I think WOWs biggest issue has always been the lack of information they give to players. I mean, I know they off source a lot of work onto wowhead and warcraftlogs and raiderio and addons, and it probably saves them development time for content. But you would think that a basic DPS meter would've been implemented by now. The reason the bottom 80% of the game is so bad is they literally get no feedback if they are playing the game like shit.

They were really headed in the right direction with Proving Grounds and Mage Tower. They could've expanded that a shit ton and "ranked" players together to better identify people. Right now Raider.IO and Mythic progression is about as good as it gets (with a raider.io addon lol). With the occasional linking of achievments.

Not saying that's my excuse for not looking that shit up. I should know better.
If someone can't be bothered at this point to look at a dps meter, making it a stock thing isn't going to change that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
People who work for free do a better job at design than blizzard. One of the biggest failures of this company is not using crowd sourcing of the huge fanbase they once had. They could throw a pittance of money at this people and have more useful resources than they could put in the game. Of course this is the same company that let a multi billion dollar genre spawn from their IP's and were such faggot cunts that lost out on it entirely. Remember when BFA launched and these cocksuckers said that without tier sets they could design so much more and base them on the zones. HAHAHAHA.

Anyways there is some real talent out there and if Bliz wasn't retarded they could get a handful to unfuck their Base UI, and also probably have more content developed than they could imagine.

nightelfarmorfanart.jpg

trollarmorfanart.jpg

humanarmorfanart.jpg

nightbornearmorfanart.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
Started playing again the other day and decided to try out an Elemental Shaman, I mostly played a Hunter last time with a a bit of Mage. How would the Shaman compare? Don't care about "endgame" raiding or Mythic stuff, just general fun leveling / dungeons.

Elemental feels pretty good right now. Does good damage, is enjoyable to play, and has quite a bit of utility. I mostly only do world content and BGs on it, never do high keys or raid really. It's my favorite alt though.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
People who work for free do a better job at design than blizzard. One of the biggest failures of this company is not using crowd sourcing of the huge fanbase they once had. They could throw a pittance of money at this people and have more useful resources than they could put in the game. Of course this is the same company that let a multi billion dollar genre spawn from their IP's and were such faggot cunts that lost out on it entirely. Remember when BFA launched and these cocksuckers said that without tier sets they could design so much more and base them on the zones. HAHAHAHA.

Anyways there is some real talent out there and if Bliz wasn't retarded they could get a handful to unfuck their Base UI, and also probably have more content developed than they could imagine.

nightelfarmorfanart.jpg

trollarmorfanart.jpg

humanarmorfanart.jpg

nightbornearmorfanart.jpg

To be fair, dota 2 would more than likely be shit if it was handled by Blizzard instead of the size it is now. For one, TI would not exist or it would be garbage like every other Blizzard esport, which was a large part of the initial hype draw to the game.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Almost all of those armor models already do exist in the game on a lore character or as an actual heritage armor/class set.

Cybsled

To be fair, dota 2 would more than likely be shit if it was handled by Blizzard instead of the size it is now. For one, TI would not exist or it would be garbage like every other Blizzard esport, which was a large part of the initial hype draw to the game.

This. Blizzard micromanages way too much, due to them overcompensating for "losing" control of the Starcraft 1 pro scene. Valve, at the time, at least smartly realized that the game had to grow organically. We're all used to multi-million dollar tournaments now, but its easy to forget that TI1 was a pretty big deal...1 million dollars was unheard of. Valve let a lot of third parties get into the scene, then they tried to exercise a bit of control with the Majors, then realized it was better if they let third parties handle Majors (while following Valve rules anyways).

Plus the game itself. Blizzard would have tried to League of Legendsify DOTA if they had retained control, making it a lower complexity game to engage a larger audience.