Mouthbreather
"Stop wasting your time and resources trying to solve an imaginary problem"

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Stop wasting your time and resources trying to solve an imaginary problem"

Bro, wtf posting a 20+ min YT video.

But actually, yup, saying the exact same thing all of us are. Hopefully they come up with something better.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Bro, wtf posting a 20+ min YT video.

But actually, yup, saying the exact same thing all of us are. Hopefully they come up with something better.
I watched some parts of it cause I caught that guy streaming on twitch every now and then and he was 100% of the time playing torghast. He makes parallels to actual rogue-likes and how the torment shit will punish people with bad RNG from being able to tough it out and recover an awful start into a god run(which happens pretty often in that type of game, sometimes the early RNG is complete fucking ass but if you struggle hard enough you can luck out, or you die and restart it's fine). He also mentions how there's already a bunch of powers that make "waiting 10mins for bloodlust" not really a thing because once you have enough powers you're basically already getting bloodlust constantly or it stops mattering anyway.

Overall they're basically fixing a non problem by adding some shit that will annoy people who weren't planning on "exploiting" bloodlust to begin with. A lot of the mechanics are also in general punishing for classes with poor mob to mob sustain so they have to eat between pulls and stuff, but then some shit spawn or burn them so they have to eat again/longer, and it just makes the floors drag on, so that you might actually get bloodlust again naturally anyway.

As a side note, I had to pvp today cause I was tired of using a 410 weapon, and apparently the only reliable way to get a good weapon is pvp. Worked out nicely due to good luck but I really wonder how wow, the casual loving game of old, ended up there. In FFXIV I can just craft a weapon that's good for any current content until I get the savage("mythic" raid although not sure how it actually compare to mythic in difficulty) one or the weekly capped token one after 7 then 4 weeks(2 during the catchup patches inbetween the content patches). In wow, it's all a bunch of RNG levers you pull and hope you get upgrades, unless you're in a guild that can carry you to free loot via mythic+ or dungeons. I guess technically you can buy runs for that but the prices are definitely on a way different scale. Just feels weird to not be able to target much of anything.

Oh and I had to spend 20mins on wowhead to figure out what conquest points are and how to get them exactly, and half the data was outdated. No idea how you're supposed to figure out some of that shit without a website.

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Oh and I had to spend 20mins on wowhead to figure out what conquest points are and how to get them exactly, and half the data was outdated. No idea how you're supposed to figure out some of that shit without a website.
You're supposed to wait for the game to release you fucking mongoloid.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is just complete garbage masquerading around as insight. All that is called for here is putting some more work in to the systems themselves. That's it. "Wait ten minutes, repeat" as a strategy just reveals an oversight in design. Oh, you guys are going to wait so you can use all your cooldowns. Huh. Guess we should put some more thought in that. We'll get back to you.

So we agree a timer is a stupid, lazy solution? Cool. Glad you finally caught up

xzi

Mouthbreather
I got the RAF airplane mount from classic bros resubbing and I gotta say this thing is fuckin sick, but it's so god damn big people are gonna mistake me for supply drops in Nazjatar I'm scared

Khane

Jesus Christ you are dense. You literally said they needed to remove the incentives, a truly asinine thing to say, then you deflect as if my human nature remarks werent in response to your own idiotic viewpoint.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
While people were talking about what was being done and spitballing I suggested they could tie all the fancy cooldowns recharging to specific events. It was just an idea. You took the position that it doesn't matter if some people are willing to spend seven hours tryharding themselves to the top. So what if they do. I said that if "pause ten minutes, repeat" is regarded as THE strategy than people will do it and hate it and other people not willing to do it will also hate it. That will happen.

The human nature wank, "so you're saying you don't think Torghast should have rewards" and the assigning me the pro timer position that I never took is all you.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hell of an MMORPG you guys are arguing over. Nothing says solid design like single man content for a MASSIVE online gaming world. The fact that you stupid faggots are excited about more Diablo 3 greater rift style content is pathetic. It just proves all the talent left this company log ago.

• 2Like

Khane

Christ, at least Arbitrary and I know what Torghast actually is.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If people like all cooldowns all the time as a mechanic than drop all the 10+ minute ones down so low you barely have to wait before plowing forward.

Daidraco

I dont know why some of you are so dramatic about this change. The expansion is no where near releasing, but is worth discussion in hopes that Blizzard will actually listen.

You can only get a certain amount of Legendary parts per week in Torghast. It's not implemented yet, only discussed by Ion and has been said time and time again. Secondly, like someone has already pointed out - by the time anyone would get to a point where Heroism would actually be useful to defeat each pack of mobs, you're going to have enough Anima power that you're basically going to have Heroism already.

Point being, I have to agree with Khane. Let people just play the f'n game like they want to play it. The torment debuffs have literally no f'n point except to do what so many have said, put a timer on each level. And again, like someone has already said.. Ffs, can I just play the game at my own f'n pace for once? I am so tired of being rushed on everything that is even remotely interesting to me. (Much less, as they are currently implemented - they are nothing more than a f'n annoyance for the majority of the run.)

• 1Like

Merrith

It's amusing this is only from last month

Shadowlands' Torghast won't have a timer to beat, but you will have to outrun the Tarragrue

One of the biggest issues that people had with Horrific Visions is the sanity meter. Having that ticking clock forces you to always be moving forwards, which could lead you to make mistakes in your haste. Some players really like being able to plan out each of their pulls and make sure that they’re not putting themselves in undue danger. Torghast gets rid of the clock mechanic entirely with your new worst enemy — the Tarragrue.

The Tarragrue sounds like the most unholy combination of the Tarrasque and Grue, two of gaming’s most infamous monsters. The Tarragrue will show up if you die too many times on one level, and once it appears it’ll slowly make its way from the entrance to the exit of that level. If it reaches the exit before you, you’ll fail. If you’re spotted by the Tarragrue it’ll chase you down and turn you into much flatter version of your former self. You’re not intended to fight the Tarragrue at all — but there is a hint that there may be items that can slow its progress down.

I love this mechanic. It’ll only show up as you die on each floor, and even if it does show up you’re not out until it reaches the exit. If you can make it off that level you’ll be free of the Tarragrue and able to continue your run.

Maybe they'll listen to feedback, though.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you think Blizzard listens to feedback I have this bridge in Brooklyn for a low price.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users