World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Would it be better to level a character now with 2x exp or just wait until Shadowlands pre-patch?
If you're itching to play now: Just do it. Shadowlands pre-patch will introduce level squish and you can get 10 to 50 in five to six hours.

If you have heirlooms: They announced the plans for heirlooms in Shadowlands as set bonus:
  • (2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
  • (3) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons and battlegrounds.
  • (4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes.
  • (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by an additional 30%.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
inbefore they fuck up the coding and the 60% reduced rest exp consumption also reduces the effective bonus exp.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1596727302359.jpg

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am unreasonably hyped for spriest changes. Guaranteed to be disappointed when actually playing.

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You actually won't have to step foot in any BFA content once shadowlands launches, just wait

If you're still 110(haven't played bfa at all), you won't become 50 with the patch, so you'll have to do some leveling. If it's a char that has done every quest from past expansions while leveling, you won't have anything to do than BFA to get to cap, besides just running dungeons for a couple of hours. If you have past expansions stuff you can probably just chromie time to it and do these quests to get to 50 and start SL.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will they ever make new realms for expansion launches? I think it would be popular for newer people/people coming back to just start over fresh. Probably won't happen, but it would be nice. I could see it being the most popular/top population realm for a while as long as they didn't allow transfers. Besides heirlooms and mounts, nothing else is account bound.

On second thought, I guess with all the cross realm stuff, it really doesn't even matter. Never mind.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So on one hand I guess this is a nice homage to the guy. On the other hand if they care enough to make a 2nd NPC in his honor then the cunt loser faggots at Blizzard should of unbanned the dudes account. Given the sheer about of bullshit Blizzard lets go in I would say the level of his offense was pretty fucking low. Either way Blizzard are still cunts.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
If you're itching to play now: Just do it. Shadowlands pre-patch will introduce level squish and you can get 10 to 50 in five to six hours.

If you have heirlooms: They announced the plans for heirlooms in Shadowlands as set bonus:
  • (3) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons and battlegrounds.
  • (4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes.

Those all sounds trashy, especially #4.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Heirlooms and shit have gotten stupid and cumbersome over time with the upgrades and level scaling shit. So a revamp isn't the worst thing, as long as they make them all scale to 50 or whatever, but goddamn does it just seem like a dick in your face. Oh well though

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It is a dick in the face. Has been for a while. I remember heirlooms being somewhere between blue quality and purple quality for every level. Then they were scaled to blue quality. Then they were scaled to be just below blue quality. Now they lost the whole appeal to most people. If you're starting a new character to level up, you dont have rested exp. If you're leveling to replace your alt, they are likely actively played and have very little to no rested exp. Its like everything else that they nerf. They nerf it to the ground, then they change it - and then it loses the entire appeal that it originally had. I would rather have the hundreds of thousands of gold that I dropped on that bull shit back than what it has been changed into. If they actually cared what the hell people thought about the items, then they would offer a trade in token that would amount to at least 80% of the gold you spent on them in the first place. At least Riot has the brains enough to offer a full refund on a skin you buy if they decide to change it into something else.

As for the whole banning of gallywix or w/e? Tell me that shit wasnt planned from the beginning with a straight face. They knew they were doing RMT from the very beginning. They made the call to extinguish that fire based solely on them taking out that amount of gold in the system. Simply based on the fact that they know something similar will crop up in place of it within a year and they can repeat it. They didnt alter anything in their agreements, nor did have they made a public statement about the practice of selling "runs" to anything. They "want" that system in place.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
The conspiracy theorist part of me believes that Blizzard swung the axe on Gallywix to try and distract from the outrage over the payment practices to their employees.

• 1Worf

joz123

Potato del Grande
For the heirlooms, instead of the rested exp reduced bullshit, do something like when you gain a level, get a bar of rested exp instead of straight up exp percentage bonus which they don't want anymore. Make the full set give you double the rested xp you would normally get from a level up.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
when you gain a level, get a bar of rested exp
But leveling 1-50 in Shadowlands is going to take 6 hours. You are gaining levels so fast you'd always regenerate rested XP for the next level. It would be like giving out the straight 50% bonus like the current heirlooms do.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
inbefore they fuck up the coding and the 60% reduced rest exp consumption also reduces the effective bonus exp.
Why would you even think you'd get the full rested XP bonus if they reduce consumption? The wording is very explicit and heirlooms "work as intended."

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
They should've just made them an exp bonus set.

2 pc - 5% xp
4 pc - 10% xp
6 pc - 20% xp

Easy, done.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I'd like

2pc - 25% increased movement speed indoor/outdoor
4pc - 310% flying mounts at any level
6pc - instant mounting like a druid travel form

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users