World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fucker

Log Wizard
The sad thing is them releasing it early isn't even Ion's fault. I'm sure he's getting a boatload of pressure to just release the dang thing instead of releasing it "when it's done".

Hello, Ion.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Seems far too early.

You can't even complete the night fae introduction quest on beta at the moment. ( For the third time mind you, they've already fixed it and subsequently rebroken it twice ).

Everything is covered in 'Insert cool cinematic here' and 'Awesome in game event happens now' banners, Torghast loot is all placeholders, a lot of zones don't have mobs populated and they haven't even started 'balancing' yet.

It's gonna be a shitshow, unless you a true believer in the One Build to Fix Them All which is kept secret by the devs to preserve it's holy radiance from the corrupting influence of filthy testers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have 60 days. It’s gonna be fine. Hope they have their Scarface pile of cocaine at the ready.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
No incentive to do anything to help gear or get ready for the expansion.
It's worse, because the Scourge Invasion 2.0 they have planned is going to give out item level 100 gear, which is equivalent to item level 445 in BfA.

Fucker

Log Wizard
It's worse, because the Scourge Invasion 2.0 they have planned is going to give out item level 100 gear, which is equivalent to item level 445 in BfA.

I 100% guarantee you these imbeciles are going to fuck up the level squish and everything else they have planned around it.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
100% This

We were always able to use the items from the last expansion for the first few levels of the next but with corruption just poofing on pre-patch the game is so empty right now.

No incentive to do anything to help gear or get ready for the expansion.

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. For a while I thought they'd give BFA a proper sendoff like they did in Legion. In Legion they let us buy whatever legendaries we wanted for our alts and fuck around with them for a month or two. I was hoping they'd make it easy to get max corruptions to fuck around with for a month or two this time.

Alas, BFA ends just as shitty as it began. Usher in the age of World of Warcraft: Systemlands.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't the corruption purchase mechanic in the game similar to the legendary purchase in legion? Sure, it's on a rotation because there are so many but it's similar. They even let you buy cloak upgrades.

Also, legion legendaries sucked, even after the vendor.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All I know is that WW Monk is getting Sith Lightning legendary back, so I'm going to have fun at the bottom of the meters where we belong after Monk++ was released.

• 1Worf

Donblargo

Potato del Grande
Its like every season of silicone Valley where they have a neat idea, develop and try to implement it, and then mess it up themselves. Still interested to see how its gonna turn out.

Balmung

Peasant
On the bright side, after 10 years of not playing I have enough mounts, cosmetics and toys to farm to last me until 2040.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For a filthy casual who doesn't give a fuck, is there any reason to play before 10/27?

Something to do if you're not already involved in something else? Cosmetics? Leveling other classes? Achievements? I logged on a month ago just to check out what had changed and it's a ghost town. Even highly populated areas with full cross realm are kind of dead.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
H Nzoth mount is going away with pre patch, no? There is no reason to play pre pre-patch unless you are like me and want to grind out Pathfinder prior to flying being given free (Dont be like me)

• 1Worf

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
For a filthy casual who doesn't give a fuck, is there any reason to play before 10/27?
I'm assuming "doesn't give a fuck about mounts, cosmetics or achievements"?

Then no. Even the invasions will give you gear that will be replaced as soon as you've finished levelling or maybe even before 60, which I assume will take about 10 to 15 hours.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Guys I'm a filthy casual, wanna play the next addon, do I need to catchup?"

"Yeah dude, mounts, max level characters, you'll totally enjoy leveling and mount farming!"

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
"Guys I'm a filthy casual, wanna play the next addon, do I need to catchup?"

"Yeah dude, mounts, max level characters, you'll totally enjoy leveling and mount farming!"
Its WoW. There is nothing else.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
H Nzoth mount is going away with pre patch, no? There is no reason to play pre pre-patch unless you are like me and want to grind out Pathfinder prior to flying being given free (Dont be like me)

I just completed Pathfinder this week. It seems like exalting the last two factions have very little rewards associated with it. Just some recipes? Or am I missing something?