Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1598822322473.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I read that the "minimum" requirements for Shadowlands now actually include a SSD. Is this rumor true, and does that actually mean you can't launch WoW from an old hard drive anymore?

Not that I haven't had an SSD since 2013, but dedicating 100 GB?

Fucker

Log Wizard
I read that the "minimum" requirements for Shadowlands now actually include a SSD. Is this rumor true, and does that actually mean you can't launch WoW from an old hard drive anymore?

Not that I haven't had an SSD since 2013, but dedicating 100 GB?

SSD's are cheap. WoW is unplayable on a platter drive right now.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Honestly just wait for the first major patch then they finish up the questing, 1/2 ass some class balance changing for a couple of classes, promise to get to the others in the next patch, then add catch up bullshit negating all gear, loosening up the covenant requirement then back peddle, and in another bullshit system on top, rinse repeat for every path thereafter negating any reason to actually play the game in the first place. YIPPEEEE I'm a developer.

The only way to play WoW is for a month after the last patch of every xpac.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get it. I want to get it, but I don't get it. Help me to get it as I want to get it but, at current, do not get it in spite of my efforts to get it and my desire to get it.

Their pitch was something like the panda is the sex pet of the gnome, and when Asmongold asked the gnome what's his mount, the gnome character just moved his head to the panda.

Balmung

Peasant
I'm interested in the Vampire people and area. It looks pretty awesome. The undead area also looks alright, but it might be a little stale after a few minutes unless they did some amazing level design. The other areas don't interest me as much. The level squish is nice I think. I'm looking forward to the Torghast stuff, but apparently it's not amazing from what people are saying.

How much exactly do people know about the expansion? They seem to have already made up their minds on it. Did they already spill the beans on all the activities and how they'll work?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sounds the same as a lot of things in WoW. Good ideas ruined by bureaucracy, incompetence, arrogance or any mixture of the 3

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I played during legion and got several characters to 110 and what not, and for what ever reason fell off the hypetrain hard for BFA haven't touched the expac. I found myself with more free time and a will to play. I am lost as fuck, can anyone point me in a direction that will get me some what caught up and playing before shadowlands hits, or should i just level to 120 and just skip bfa entirely?

Balmung

Peasant
Anyone know if I can do pathfinder rep split across multiple characters to get flying unlocked? Main 6 reps on one and mechagon/waterland on the other?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I am lost as fuck, can anyone point me in a direction that will get me some what caught up and playing before shadowlands hits, or should i just level to 120 and just skip bfa entirely?
How do you plan to hit 120 without touching BfA content right now? Or are you waiting for the 9.0 pre-patch? My initial pointer would be to level to get back into playing your preferred class(es) and wait for the 9.0 pre-patch and pick up the catchup gear. This should get you a leg up while leveling.

Anyone know if I can do pathfinder rep split across multiple characters to get flying unlocked?
Depends. Pathfinder is a meta-achievement. You can do individual achievements on different characters, but each individual achievement has to be done on a single character. So reputation grinds split into three achievements:
  • Azerothian Diplomat (All three leveling zones reps, Champions of Azeroth, Tortollans, Warfront rep)
  • Nazjatar
  • Mechagon
Check out Pathfinder - World of Warcraft

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
How much exactly do people know about the expansion? They seem to have already made up their minds on it. Did they already spill the beans on all the activities and how they'll work?

Pretty much everything is known about the first tier of the expansion. There's a lot of stuff missing, but the basic mechanics and outlines of things are all there.

Given development pipelines, it's pretty much impossible to change course at this point - reworking major systems or creating a bunch of new mechanics and art assets from scratch simply can't happen this close to release.

Of course, they are going to be frantically trying to come up with more content to release as quickly as possible before people get bored and leave, we'll see how that goes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Did they already spill the beans on all the activities and how they'll work?
I came up on this video by Preach who explains the overall feel of the expansion:

tl;dr:
Pro: Less wizard chores. Wizard chores are not directly tied to player power. Tradeskills are relevant again.
Con: Wizard chores take longer. More consumables (flask/potion + sharpening stones/weapon oils and ... leather armor patches that expire). No one nows what is supposed to happen in the maw/with the jailer.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I came up on this video by Preach who explains the overall feel of the expansion:

tl;dr:
Pro: Less wizard chores. Wizard chores are not directly tied to player power. Tradeskills are relevant again.
Con: Wizard chores take longer. More consumables (flask/potion + sharpening stones/weapon oils and ... leather armor patches that expire). No one nows what is supposed to happen in the maw/with the jailer.

That looks like shit.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
That preach video makes it sound awful. You guys were not kidding with the systemslands things. Well fuck that game.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users