World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
If you are a casual, the only things you will be 'missing' by not playing before Shadowlands launch would be... the 'friendship' mount (Kill H.Nzoth - Many pugs are doing 'boosts' of it for free, like they did in previous expansions) and the inevitable catch-up gear raining from the sky with the pre-patch event.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just completed Pathfinder this week. It seems like exalting the last two factions have very little rewards associated with it. Just some recipes? Or am I missing something?
There is a mechangon mount on the rep vendor, essences, toys?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is a mechangon mount on the rep vendor, essences, toys?
Yea, but that's not going away. Mechagon is kind of a neat little zone though. I thought I wouldnt like it, but I actually really enjoyed it. Not enough to make me want to continue to do the events and such past the point of the flying achievement, but it was cool.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The pre-patch catch up gear isn't even better than what's already available from 3x invasion boxes a week, which is hilarious. That's without touching the loot-hamster-feeder of Visions.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The pre-patch catch up gear isn't even better than what's already available from 3x invasion boxes a week, which is hilarious. That's without touching the loot-hamster-feeder of Visions.
That little "challenge' zone was good for what it was. Farming for currency to do them was some of the worst content I've ever done in any game, however. I could stomach at worst, 2? Maybe 3 days? of that a week? But a player shouldnt even have to endure that tbh.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You know you fucked up a minigame when there's a weekly update on whether it's one of the non-shit weeks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have like 200k coalescing visions. Major Visions are so boring I can't be bother to do them to buy the mount that is going away.

Daidraco Daidraco I think the only mechangon thing going away is Hertz Locker?

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider

Someone coming into the game now isn't going to be able to do 5 mask runs.

There's some benefit in gearing up before expansion, but not much.

At ilvl 400 ( 78 'new' ilvl ) - depending on class, some quest mobs and rares are dangerous, and it takes a while to chew through 'kill X' quests.
At ilvl 445 (100 - catch up gear ) - you can faceroll every quest mob and kill assorted 3man mobs without difficulty depending on class
At ilvl 480 ( 140 ish ) - the only thing stopping you doing 6 kill quests at the same time in a single pull is that the mobs are too far apart

On the other hand, it takes about an hour or two before you upgrade the ilvl78 to 120 or so from questing, soooo it's not like it's a big advantage.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
melem.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why would you want to change covenants, you can just level 4 characters of your class. If you truly loved your class, you'd be like Warriorsperg and have 12 Warriors, one for each Covenant+Conduit set-up.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Shadowlands release date announced, everyone pretty much admits it's rushed dogshit. No hype at all, meanwhile Asmondgold is shilling out New World MMO instead. Blizzard you dumb fucks are losing it.

• 1Like
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Shadowlands release date announced, everyone pretty much admits it's rushed dogshit. No hype at all, meanwhile Asmondgold is shilling out New World MMO instead. Blizzard you dumb fucks are losing it.

Yep its not going to even deliver on BFA quest content and release day storyline.

Its a pass from me. I smelled this one coming early.

Amongold was on New World bashing New World all weekend.

He'd rather shit on a game he doesn't intend to play than shill for Shadowlands.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Typically blizzard will bounce back and alternate successful expansions.

This time around, its a double miss.

Shadowlands is not Legion. That's two L's in a row now.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
When your senior staff is more concerned about hurty words being said to his waifu than making your new product the best it can be, what do you expect?

Balmung

Peasant
Playing catch up the only expansion that I really don't like very much is WoD. MoP is alright, and I always look forward to leveling in Legion content. BFA has been pretty nice in my experience. That said, I haven't been hitting content caps or anything like that. MoP is better Horde side, and I enjoy BFA leveling more on the Alliance side.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This will be my first expac that I don't at least play for two months after launch. A shame to have waited so long for more undead stuff to have the absolute shit-stain of BFA, mission tables, and all that jazz kill it. I genuinely think that Cata was better than BFA. Game is stale anyway.

The aesthetic does look better than BFA too.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Honestly just wait for the first major patch then they finish up the questing, 1/2 ass some class balance changing for a couple of classes, promise to get to the others in the next patch, then add catch up bullshit negating all gear, loosening up the covenant requirement then back peddle, and in another bullshit system on top, rinse repeat for every path thereafter negating any reason to actually play the game in the first place. YIPPEEEE I'm a developer.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What single mechanic did they get right in BFA? It was all universally horrible.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I still feel rogues were best in Pandaria - ever since they keep fuckin with things and removing things for no reason - The un-pruning is just a joke as well as another gimmick system. If Lost Ark comes out soon enough stateside i will play that till something else comes along.