World of Warcraft: Current Year

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Thank's for the replies, the later the better for me. Might even dip my toe into retail now that it's pushed back.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This should also be a reminder not to pre-purchase games. Especially fucking digital ones, what you afraid you aren't going to get your night one copy? This ain't the 80's you don't need to hang out at EB hoping they don't sell out.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TBC was a total gear reset release anyway, because of the stamina and class/stat changes. So I don't think it really matters other than keeping titles like Scarab Lord (and the Black Qiraji mount)

I think one of the concerns was the amount of gold built up on Classic servers making stuff like epic flying trivial/meaningless. Pretty sure people would be pissed if all that farming was just wiped out by fresh servers/characters, though.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean their release date probably falls in the same financial quarter so what fucks do the power that be give?
I think they were trying to game it to beat a bunch of big releases in november and now they basically won't.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I resubbed no joke about 15mins before this announcement, thankfully they have a pretty good automated refund system.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

WoW Pre-patch comes out same day as the FFXIV patch that adds the new Eureka 2.0 zone for ShB heh

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I suspect we are looking at a turkey day time frame or first week or two of december at worst but I would rather they take the time to do it right than shit up the launch and really piss off people.
My guess? The week just after Black Friday.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What the fuck? Harrison Jones questline is one of the worst quest chains in the game.
Don't worry. If you are playing it in Chromie Time, odds are that you will be ported out of the zone mid-questline:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm a bit miffed because I took the week off (I take little to no vacation time during the year, typically) so I could do an expansion opening right vs. having to work while getting shit sleep because the only time to log in is asshole-thirty in the morning because the queues are retarded. I've never taken time off to start an expansion before, so it seemed like a fun little "Hey I'm almost 40, get that shit in while the gettin's good" type action. Now, given that I've already requested the time off and everyone else has started filling up the holiday season. Just kind of stuck with days off now and that is sad times, because it'll launch and I'll likely be on-call or some bullshit now haha.

Ah well, at least they're attempting to fix things before they take my money vs. the usual three weeks in.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Not sure why you guys think this needed to be delayed, it's totally ready

(recorded this tonight, first time actually recording and posting something so it's not the best quality)

Seriously though I'm glad they are delaying, thought it would never happen. This is looking to be a pretty good expansion (minus some of the systemlands stuff).

• 7Worf
  • 4Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 12 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not even remotely surprised - its been make fun of/hate whitey for the last 15 years. Free pass for racism for everyone but whitey.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users