World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also getting the prepatch a month+ helps sort out any kinks in abilities that are not shadowlands related.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is somewhat surprising, I guess they managed to convince higher ups that it's so bad if they release like that it'll actually be detrimental enough that it's better to delay it. Good on them I guess, although I still think it'll be somewhat rushed(definitely before xmas).
I suspect we are looking at a turkey day time frame or first week or two of december at worst but I would rather they take the time to do it right than shit up the launch and really piss off people.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is actually the smart decision on their part. Hopefully they give them another month or two to really get shit working better. Could save the expansion.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is actually the smart decision on their part. Hopefully they give them another month or two to really get shit working better. Could save the expansion.
Given they are still doing major balancing patches oct 27 was looking really dubious. But with prepatch out oct 13th that gives them full player loads and testing of abilities and level squish artifacts for a month+ which makes me a lot less nervous.

• 1Picard

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I'll give them props for delaying it. Wouldn't have been surprised if they'd just shoved the buggy, unfinished mess out the door this month. Got into the beta last night, screwed around with it a bit. One of the first damn quests is still missing text/dialog/etc. and I thought it was just straight up broken until a step finally completed after waiting for almost a minute.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Given they are still doing major balancing patches
It's not only balancing. Some specs haven't been really touched, like Windwalker monk getting lackluster changes and I think survival hunter getting nothing.

This is especially bad after people complained during early BfA that some specs play worse than Legion, and Ion stated they can't do anything about it until 9.0.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll give them props for delaying it. Wouldn't have been surprised if they'd just shoved the buggy, unfinished mess out the door this month. Got into the beta last night, screwed around with it a bit. One of the first damn quests is still missing text/dialog/etc. and I thought it was just straight up broken until a step finally completed after waiting for almost a minute.
When you posted that you got into the beta I thought it was odd that they were still inviting people this late/close to release, but maybe I am wrong. Makes me wonder if they had this decision in mind for some time now...

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's interesting listening to Esfand talk about potential TBC for Classic, noting they need to tune raids/stuff better than they did for Vanilla Classic...where basically doing it as 1.12 basically had everything released post nerfs while player classes were all post buffs/balancing making it all far too easy. Was basically asking if they would release TBC in 2.4 form.

Wonder if they will move the Naxx release for Classic at all with SL release getting moved.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Was basically asking if they would release TBC in 2.4 form.
They talked about it, and from what I remember the earliest data they had in a stable patch was 1.8, so Classic was never easily going through the patches. TBC however they could do a real staggered release from 2.0 upwards.

But this creates another problem: Do you backport game mechanic changes from future patches, especially if they are fixes for loopholes and exploits? There were some really iffy things in TBC.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Have they said whether tbc would be fresh servers, or just a continuation of existing classic?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Have they said whether tbc would be fresh servers, or just a continuation of existing classic?

Don't think they ever said anything specific. Think it was just that poll they sent out to some folks asking which they'd prefer.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
TBC was a total gear reset release anyway, because of the stamina and class/stat changes. So I don't think it really matters other than keeping titles like Scarab Lord (and the Black Qiraji mount)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Is there even an estimated eta for tbc yet? Was thinking about playing classic for the first time, I would expect it to take me awhile to max lvl these days so would wanna make sure I had time before hand.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Rumors are that Naxx is getting released in Dec. That would put TBC a few months out from there probably. Not sure how the SL delay will affect the Naxx release, though.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Rumors are that Naxx is getting released in Dec. That would put TBC a few months out from there probably. Not sure how the SL delay will affect the Naxx release, though.
I would doubt they get tbc out that fast, haven't even announced if they will do it or some kind of classic plus

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've always thought that Summer/Fall of 2021 made the most sense to give them a major release each year at that time but in reality they'll probably start priming the pump for TBC as soon as they see a significant dip in subs post-Naxx. It's not #nochanges but doing an early release of the races/classes so people can prep for the expansion is something I really hope they do. I was one of the many Draenai Shaman entering the game at level one trying to catch up to everyone in an existing guild and it made it hard to enjoy the journey.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
TBC is still speculation. You guys can theory craft on it all you want and it makes sense that they will do it, but Blizzard has no officially announced TBC in any capacity yet.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users