World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The pre-patch "content" will be coming in a week or two after they hose down the current fires. Gives you some time to cap out a few characters and be ready for the "loot pinatas" of the event.
Given how tuned stuff is (like Nzoth damage being 3 times higher, relative to health pool, than it was before), they know they should...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm very surprised their are bugs in prepatch. Like every other prepatch in the history of the universe

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm very surprised their are bugs in prepatch. Like every other prepatch in the history of the universe
Honestly this was one of the more playable prepatch launches I can recall. Still some stuff going on but overall I did not have any real major issues last night.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I logged in to upgrade all of my characters models, and got to lvl 15 on an alt just blasting through WOD. Need dat Zandalari troll heritage armor

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I blew through the wrong dialog choice somewhere but after the tutorial area they sent me to BFA land.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Maybe I blew through the wrong dialog choice somewhere but after the tutorial area they sent me to BFA land.
Since I was leveling an alt, first login gave a choice between exile and normal world. Completing exile sent me to Ogrimmar and started me on BFA stuff unless I found Chromie near the embassy and then chose a leveling expansion.

Malkav

French Madman
FFS can't even update Elvui because their website seems to be getting hammered.

Edit : wth is this bullshit queue on the patcher? It's only pre-patch, if they're not ready for this I doubt they'll be ready for expansion launch.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Be nice, they haven't had anyone actually want to log into their game for the last 12 months, server's gotta get warmed back up.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Put in new tradeskill system, nerf it so it is worthless. Good plan! From wowhead:

Blizzard has nerfed the item level boosts granted by Relic of the Past, including Rank 5 crafted gear at ilvl 54, down from ilvl 87.​
Old Values
New Values
With this change, Relics are no longer as desirable for fresh level 50 catch-up gear, and crafters are turning to Uncanny items like Uncanny Combatant's Leather Treads instead which are item level 72. Heirlooms, while stripped of their experience bonuses, are also stronger gear options as they scale to item level 58 for level 49 players.​
While the pre-patch event Death's Rising does come with catch-up gear, it's launching several weeks after the initial pre-patch so players are keen to find alternate catch-up gear now.​
This change follows a pretty massive Relic of the Past Vendor Shuffle nerf, in which Blizzard discouraged players from disenchanting vendor gear, crafting new pieces and adding relics, and then selling them for high costs. With this new item level change, these Relic items will be even less desirable as they have less value for fresh level 50s.​

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
FFS can't even update Elvui because their website seems to be getting hammered.

Edit : wth is this bullshit queue on the patcher? It's only pre-patch, if they're not ready for this I doubt they'll be ready for expansion launch.

View attachment 310029
This same shit happens every time there is a prepatch. Everybody start logging in to get their shit in order to start the new expansion and see how their class plays and putz with any new pre patch features. Honestly the fact that corruptions are gone actually makes me willing to do PVP again where I gave up on it due to the stupidity of the rando one shot corruption bomb idiots.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Put in new tradeskill system, nerf it so it is worthless. Good plan! From wowhead:

Blizzard has nerfed the item level boosts granted by Relic of the Past, including Rank 5 crafted gear at ilvl 54, down from ilvl 87.​
Old Values
New Values
With this change, Relics are no longer as desirable for fresh level 50 catch-up gear, and crafters are turning to Uncanny items like Uncanny Combatant's Leather Treads instead which are item level 72. Heirlooms, while stripped of their experience bonuses, are also stronger gear options as they scale to item level 58 for level 49 players.​
While the pre-patch event Death's Rising does come with catch-up gear, it's launching several weeks after the initial pre-patch so players are keen to find alternate catch-up gear now.​
This change follows a pretty massive Relic of the Past Vendor Shuffle nerf, in which Blizzard discouraged players from disenchanting vendor gear, crafting new pieces and adding relics, and then selling them for high costs. With this new item level change, these Relic items will be even less desirable as they have less value for fresh level 50s.​
Yes I noticed this last night I think they swung the hammer to far the wrong direction I would bet they probably walk that back a bit because basically this just makes all non max level crafting basically useless.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
We are having 70000 mins queues right now here in the EU. I mean I totally understand that rolling out a large patch a small indie developer like blizzard with this shiny brand new game can encounter problems.
Seriously, every fucking their shit crash and burn. Every single mf time.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Old Values
New Values

Do people really care about gearing up a brand new level 50? I know myself personally just getting them to max level and will worry about gear when I can just buy the ilvl 100 stuff from a vendor during the scourge event. No point into getting more at this point, unless I was getting carried for heroic/mythic raid gear.

Burns

Do people really care about gearing up a brand new level 50? I know myself personally just getting them to max level and will worry about gear when I can just buy the ilvl 100 stuff from a vendor during the scourge event. No point into getting more at this point, unless I was getting carried for heroic/mythic raid gear.

I dont give a fuck about some shit Scourge event. I had planed to resub, at most, a week before the xpac, to get UI straight and make ilev 87 gear for alts to level in (since the level 50 - 55ish quest gear will probably be in the item level 50 - 100 range)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Old Values
New Values
The fuck even drives these decisions? I honestly don't get it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fuck even drives these decisions? I honestly don't get it.
They had a weird pull back on legendary power in the last beta patch and basically immediately said they were undoing it. I am not sure but it almost seems like there was some faction really wanting to clamp down hard on player power and finally got talked out of it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I dont give a fuck about some shit Scourge event. I had planed to resub, at most, a week before the xpac, to get UI straight and make ilev 87 gear for alts to level in (since the level 50 - 55ish quest gear will probably be in the item level 50 - 100 range)

Welp sounds like its Scourge event or bust now.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i logged in last night for my normal time playing.
updated my addons.... logged into the game
saw all the lua errors,
shut off about half of my ui mods
saw all the lua errors i was still getting-ignored them
fiddled with my talents
logged out, updated my addons again for those that had updates
updated my video drivers (and my wife's video drivers on her computer)
rebooted computer for a patch for win10 and wow - too see if i could turn on ray tracing- couldn't.
updated several of my addons Yet Again.. logged in and
got the "character not found error" on both computers(wife's and mine - all she wanted to do last night was collect hunter pets she wanted with the expanded roster). went and read a book-she went to bed.

today i get to update addons probably several times yet Again to see how many are actually fixed.....

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I couldn't even update my addons last night via Twitch, was a shit show. They all just updated fine now.