World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yeah to be fair this is a fun expansion for the first few weeks or so and I'm sure a ton of people are going to play it, including here. There won't be too many trying to stay "current" though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Dunno why this thought popped into my head but while hiking today I figured out exactly how the story will end this expansion...
It will suck because the narrative is a total mess, so they have to retcon to get out of the corner they painted themselves in.

You know who does the job Chris Metzen did after he left Blizzard? No, not Moorgard. You never heard of her:

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
It will suck because the narrative is a total mess, so they have to retcon to get out of the corner they painted themselves in.

You know who does the job Chris Metzen did after he left Blizzard? No, not Moorgard. You never heard of her:

Danuser sure didn't help with his Nathanos self-insert.

• 1Barf

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone who is familiar with both games have any insight that can tip the scales? I do want something i can play independently as i go to bed about 3-5 hours later then her so have plenty of free time in the evenings to enjoy pushing abit harder on content etc.

Couldn't get into FFXIV. Spent a lot of money trying over the years, but it just never clicked for me. Ended up paying for a game I never logged into. Have a few mmos that i tend to go back to every now and then. Pulled FFXIV off the list.

WoW isn't my favorite mmo, but as a filthy casual I can usually find something to do. It has more variety of content than FFXIV. WoW is a hot incoherent mess but it's an easy game to play for short periods. I usually only last a few months during expansion time, if that. But I keep coming back every couple of years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Lol no plot explanation whatsoever. And was there even a single major character in there?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Demon Hunters can still double jump and air dash and glide and shit right? That's all I care about.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol no plot explanation whatsoever. And was there even a single major character in there?

Well the last guy they show is the big villain for this expansion I'm pretty sure. Don't know about anything else.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Decided to pick up an MMO as at a personal level I can't seem to get any enjoyment out of single player games and Smite/LOL while great just lack that feeling of investment and gradual power gain that I always enjoyed. I spent about 15 years doing fairly high end to bleeding edge raiding in 5-6 MMO's and did enjoy it but at this point am looking for a more balanced game that can has some options to really push but also can be really enjoyable to play with myself and my wife who just picked up gaming in the last few years.

We played FFXIV before which she liked but we quit when school + work got abit too hard to manage for her but are back to having ample free time. My main problem with FFXIV was it just seemed abit too much on rails as far as having no "builds", gear upgrades seemed really lack luster and meaningless, and general combat was abit slow (always hated the ICD ratio's they choose). Flip side it has amazing production value, easy to jump in and do an hour or two a night of daily's etc with her. Our accounts are partially through stormblood if i recall.

Been alot longer since we did WOW, think we only leveled to 10 or something and some reason she wanted to try FF again. I had 2-3 stints of top end raiding (top 10 US guilds) but its been quiet some time. I saw they are completely redoing the leveling curve and have a new expansion Nov 23rd so thought maybe would be a good time to jump in there as WOW had pvp and insta raiding plus if i recall easy as fuck modes for base raiding as she wasn't a pro gamer so could be fun?

Anyone who is familiar with both games have any insight that can tip the scales? I do want something i can play independently as i go to bed about 3-5 hours later then her so have plenty of free time in the evenings to enjoy pushing abit harder on content etc.

Regarding MMO's stealing your life to be competitive, I definitely don't think that is true in all cases but in general terms of course it can be a black hole. I started hard core raiding in EQ when i started college and managed to finish 3rd in my BS and 1st in my Masters in engineering while being a starter on the college football team. Managed to have a relatively balanced social life but I ran the raid guild so I did make the scheduling abit more flexible to my life. I've had a very successful career in a demanding work place requiring 60-80 hour weeks in management and senior management roles for over 14 years now and still raided in top end guilds in every MMO i played during that time. I think the key to being a top end MMO player is about efficiency and aligning with the proper teams. You get so much more done when you have like minded people and you approach games with a continuous improvement/six sigma approach and not a bunch of nerdy fucks jerking off to goblin vag.

That being said, while I am happily married and have a 17 year old step son, i never had young children etc during this time span which is obviously a game changer that impacts alot of people. I've also had the advantage of running off ~ 5 hours of sleep since I was 14 most days so you can get a lot done, but not everyone can do that and stay healthy so I feel fortunate for that.

Just saying its definitely viable to have a normal well rounded life and stay near the top, heck i'm still benching + 315 lbs at 39 but would be lying if old age is starting to creep in at the gym and on the game screen...Smite i can still be very competitive in ranked but I tried picking up LOL and get my ass raped in 7 of 10 ranked games to the point I think Hello Kitty would be a better place, fingers are abit jacked from so many years of sports so loosing abit of an edge on games that require extremely quick APM's. WRU EQ circa 2000 where you hit ice comet every 8 seconds and did your homework on the side.....
You forgot to bel-air us at the end of that.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
that cinematic is basically the same kind of thing we've seen before. those characters are all expansion specific characters. MOP didn't even really that (unless the panda was chen?) BFA's cinematic was basically all people we knew because that's what the entire expansion was about.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Jailer needed to be wearing a helmet, he looks derp as fuck.
it's the underbite. it's like this guy trying to look menacing
22593-23782.jpg

• 2Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Curseforge has announced that addon functionality will be limited from November 24 until 'early December' as it prepares to finalize its transition to Overwolf. Yes, you read that correctly—that's the week of Shadowlands' global launch.

During the downtime, players will still be able to download addons from Curseforge but addon authors won't be able to upload updates or new addons:

"On 11/24, manual project moderation will be paused. All content requiring manual moderation submitted on or after this date will be queued to be reviewed once manual moderation is reinstated." says Curseforge in the update, which goes on to state that "everything should be back up and running" by early December.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Overwolf can take a long walk off a short pier. Invasive bullshit.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users