World of Warcraft: Current Year

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Overwolf can take a long walk off a short pier. Invasive bullshit.

Sadly, they control almost the entire wow addon space. It's going to really suck when they close off their API, and try to force everyone to use Overwolf.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Thought the lag during IC rares was bad. Nothing compared to the Nathanos WQ today constantly getting zombie bombed. Nice servers for a multi-dollar company.

A separate rustle... I got screwed out of spec loot on the first week due to it being bugged. Go in second week and forget to turn my loot spec back to enhancement since I was trying for the shields from the IC rares. Got myself a second fucking staff and am really hating myself right now.

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Opposite problem. I got the enh 1h. Got a shield from IC rates. Ele gets a 2h wtf? I'll do resto spec and hope for an int 1h.

Burns

Sadly, they control almost the entire wow addon space. It's going to really suck when they close off their API, and try to force everyone to use Overwolf.

You can still manually update addons by downloading them directly off the web.

I minimized my addon use to (mostly) ElvUI, Recount, DBM, and weakauras a long time ago and never seen the need to install an extra program to upkeep 4 addons.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Don't go too crazy trying to gear up, everything is replaced so quickly. You get a 148 weapon from a level 54-55ish story quest, and I just got a 177 weapon from a world quest on a fresh 60 I just made to test some shit out on.

The only slots that will last you to 60 are neck and cloak if they are leveled up.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Don't go too crazy trying to gear up, everything is replaced so quickly.
For most people the point in gearing up now is to bring them over the hump of the first dungeon, especially on alts: You need itemlevel 80 to queue.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, especialy for alts if you chose to do SL through the Threads of Fate, where you don't level through quests the normal way. Being able to go straight into dungeons will help.

Malkav

French Madman
Don’t guides say to skip them anyway?

They could be nice for alts.

This time around, the implemented what they call the Threads of Fates for alts. Basically, once you've leveled once, you can chose to entirely skip the questing experiences on alts.

Meaning you get to chose your Covenant at lvl50, the story is automically completed, and you can level via WQs/zone objectives/dungeons to 60 while making progress on your Covenant (regular leveling you don't start progressing SL systems until lvl60).

Definitely make dungeons a bit more relevant while leveling.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
SL priest revamp looks pretty good. But the kicker is this:
While he doesn't have a new place of employment currently lined up yet
So he just said "fuck it" and ragequit? Well, "modern WoW design spends too much time on progression systems vs core systems" and "developers on modern WoW have conflicting visions for the game" explains a lot.

• 1WTF

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can agree and see most of his points except the guild one.

"In Classic, your guild is a big deal to create cohesion, but as WoW emphasized the solo experience more as time went on, that socialization element was lost"

I am curious how he thinks guilds have changed from classic to now. You still join a guild to raid, make dungeon groups easier/quicker, to pvp and even some leveling guilds. Basically exactly like classic. You still mostly solo to level(like classic). How was it lost? It's basically the same thing. Guilds are still a pretty big focus for players, except the ones that just dont care and will pug forever, again no different from classic. Unless he is just upset at more solo friendly activities on top of all the group stuff, things like WQs, pet battles or upcoming torghast.

I still find it odd blizzard has not given wow any kind of Guild House/zone or something. Unless they just don't want players sitting in their guild halls/house and making the major cities empty.

• 1Picard

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
How was it lost? It's basically the same thing.
I know I always repeat that LFR killed friend and family raiding, and the necessity to be in such a guild. Therefore, I'll tell you something different:

Guild perks killed guilds at the low to medium skill/time investment level--which were basically the school for friends and family raiding. Because the goblins started to invite people with automated addons to their guilds to let them farm gold for them. But no one organized guild life in them, so people never were tought "how things work in real guilds". The goblins couldn't care less about the people in those guilds. These guilds basically formed the foundation of what we'd call "cesspool guilds".

It's now really hard to find people for non-high-end mythic raiding, because then you hear from people "why would I need to apply to a guild?".

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think housing is "break glass in case of emergency" feature. That's a huge feature that is guaranteed to bring people back, if only to check it out and see how it works. Done well, it can appeal to both casuals and hardcores. I'm confident we'll see an expansion featuring housing as soon as they need a big numbers boost and/or are facing stiff competition from another game.