World of Warcraft: Current Year

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I've always played with my strafe keys on my 10/11 on my naga and hand for abilities but I just must be getting older as i don't seem nearly as reactive just as I start playing the game again.

So decided i'd look at a more traditional way, just to verify so most people strafe with AD and then move with W combined with right click for quick control? My fingers are jacked up abit from all the fun college football days so i'm not effective with all 12 side keys but can do 6 + top keys effective. So i guess i need to use shift + those those keys and a few around AWD to cover the majority of my on demand abilities?

Playing a mage with the wife just to chill around but figured i'd go resto shaman for my main account that I play when she isn't around. Any suggestions on required/highly effective mods now a days particularly for healers? Believe i used Grid or Healbot way back in the day.

Thanks!

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Those numbers mean exactly what I said they mean.
You didn't say anything except "people are still raiding", which I didn't dispute. Blizzard's own claim was that only a small percentage of accounts (5%) ever participate in end game raids during the TBC era.

You make the same mistake that I see a lot of people make, especially in politics: You generalize the values and standards of your peer group (which is the group you have most interaction with) for that of the general population. Especially those of other countries and cultural groups.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've always played with my strafe keys on my 10/11 on my naga and hand for abilities but I just must be getting older as i don't seem nearly as reactive just as I start playing the game again.

So decided i'd look at a more traditional way, just to verify so most people strafe with AD and then move with W combined with right click for quick control? My fingers are jacked up abit from all the fun college football days so i'm not effective with all 12 side keys but can do 6 + top keys effective. So i guess i need to use shift + those those keys and a few around AWD to cover the majority of my on demand abilities?

Playing a mage with the wife just to chill around but figured i'd go resto shaman for my main account that I play when she isn't around. Any suggestions on required/highly effective mods now a days particularly for healers? Believe i used Grid or Healbot way back in the day.

Thanks!
I never could get into using Shift or Control to have an extra set of hotkeys. I just went out and bought an MMO mouse and said fk it. All my CD's are on the side of the mouse and my main abilities are on the keyboard.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You didn't say anything except "people are still raiding", which I didn't dispute. Blizzard's own claim was that only a small percentage of accounts (5%) ever participate in end game raids during the TBC era.

You make the same mistake that I see a lot of people make, especially in politics: You generalize the values and standards of your peer group (which is the group you have most interaction with) for that of the general population. Especially those of other countries and cultural groups.

No, you agreed with that ex employee video (which is one of the worst videos I've ever sat through waiting for a real opinion) that guilds as we knew them in vanilla are dead and people don't even raid as guilds anymore, they do everything solo. Then made up some feels data to support your completely inaccurate claim.

This is one of the more laughable attempts at moving the goalposts I've ever seen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
that guilds as we knew them in vanilla are dead
Yes, they are. Read the comments in this very thread. You can call it cesspool guild, McGuild or see the remarks about guild hopping and parking alts in other guilds. The guild as a concept, as it was in EQ and vanilla/TBC is mostly gone.

Then made up some feels data to support your completely inaccurate claim.
Says the one who equated raid logs with guilds. "But people are still raiding!" - yeah, but raiding nowadays also has partially shifted to freely associated cross-server raids, that have nothing to do with "guilds" anymore.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No I get your argument Neranja, and even though I said "unique guilds/groups" you're going to latch on to some "feels data" that the number of raid logs posted on warcraftlogs is almost entirely made up of non-guild entities and pugs. As if that's even remotely possible.

You make these same terrible arguments in every discussion you participate in. I think you're a little "touched".

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question about the new leveling experience. A new character can do the 1-10 tutorial island, then pick an Xpack to go through for 11-50, then move to Shadowlands for 51-60. How fast do you go through the Xpacs? If I pick WoD, will I hit 50 long before finishing its Storyline? If I recall, I did WoD as a Horde warlock, but have never did much there as Alliance.

Malkav

French Madman
Question about the new leveling experience. A new character can do the 1-10 tutorial island, then pick an Xpack to go through for 11-50, then move to Shadowlands for 51-60. How fast do you go through the Xpacs? If I pick WoD, will I hit 50 long before finishing its Storyline? If I recall, I did WoD as a Horde warlock, but have never did much there as Alliance.

Haven't done WoD but for Legion I basically ended up 50 after doing the main quest line in each zone while skipping side quests.

WoD may be a bit faster though.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Been using WoD for leveling so far and my chars get through 90% of Frostfire, Gorgrond, and one other zone of choice (Talador or Spires). I hit war mode for Frostfire once I hit 20 and then just turn it off once I reach Gorgrond for a little extra boost as well (or through Shadowmoon for Alliance, as there's not really going to be folks in the opposite starting areas).

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
"unique guilds/groups"
So now you admit that it's not only "guilds" in those logs, after the whole argument was that "guilds" no longer have the status they used to have? And you latched onto that data thinking it will prove your point?

Daidraco

Shadow Lands has this raid feature where no one gives a fk how either of you raid. :)

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Tempting to grab this just for the month or so of people not being dicks because most people won't have the zones memorized, and gear won't matter as much. Even though BFA was mostly a waste of time for me, I did enjoy the typical stellar work from Art, Sound & zone designers.

The Hyjal guild still kinda around, or has everyone moved on by now?

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

I saw a lot of people when the scourge event dropped last week - but since that has no depth... only the boredest of people are staying online.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I saw a lot of people when the scourge event dropped last week - but since that has no depth... only the boredest of people are staying online.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• 1Worf

Araxen

I'm hopeful the "optional" way of things they are taking this expansion will make it an enjoyable one.