World of Warcraft: Current Year

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Something else I learned today. If you're leveling an Alt via the Story line, if you don't switch to Threads of Fate before hitting 60, you become locked to the Story til you finish it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's Blizzard, of course they're gonna SJW. But I did get a good laugh out of the fact that Ysera has lady-like eyelashes in her dragon form... LOL. I also just found at that Horde got a furry race... fuck me.

Yep just found that out. The counter is updated when you receive the anima item rewards and not when you fill up your reservoir. Also, anima items in your bank are consumed when you refill your reservoir despite them not being in your inventory.
Horde already had two furry races (tauren and pandas) before the stupid vulpera. They're just more cutsey than the others.

• 1Truth!

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
yeah and it was fun doing it together. Bosses on level 2 and 3 seem to be overtuned? I don't know, but as a DPS warrior I can easily get to the bosses on both level 2 and 3 but I can't kill them without the correct anima powers (for level 2 at least... for 3, it's not even close)

The boss last week in upper reaches on level 3 was a motherfucker in a group. Might’ve been easier with double dps. We were running up hard on the enrage buff stacks. Solo as a tank it was easy.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Something else I learned today. If you're leveling an Alt via the Story line, if you don't switch to Threads of Fate before hitting 60, you become locked to the Story til you finish it.
Yup, it sucks but I switched at 59.5 and just did a few random quests. The leveling of my alt felt quicker than my main for some reason

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone used Thread of Fate to level an alt? If so, did you get a quest at lvl60 called "Support the Campaign", for the Night Fae? Were you able to complete it and turn it in? I got the quest, and completed it, but the npc I need to turn it in to isn't visible to my character. Other players around me can see it, and my main character can see it just fine.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well they hotfixed the ability to buy soulshapes for anima, take the quest, then sell it back to refund your anima. Goodbye 1500 anima!

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
How do you switch to threads if date after picking storyline instead?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You need to go to Orgrimmar (if Alliance) or Stormwind (if Horde), talk to a "shadowy figure". Answer his 5 riddle questions in the correct sequence (1 -> 3 -> ??? -> 74 -> Hazzikostas), get the opposing faction disguise, dodge all the guards who can see through the disguise, talk to "The Fruit Peddler", buy the "Plum of forgotten tugnuggets", eat it, get killed and ported back to the shadowy figure, at which point you'll be given a choice to do threads of fate or cancel your subscription.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Twitch addon management is done for as of today. WoWUP seems to be the best alternative? Any others worth checking out?

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They could have at least given Vulpera to Alliance, and Dark Iron Dwarves to the Horde.
One ran past me in Oribos and I went 'what the fuck was...oh right, they added fox people'. It's certainly an interesting look. I will say I never seem to see Goblins anymore.

• 1Worf

Argarth

On the verandah
Serious question. What is the issue with the new Curseforge/Overwolf App. I seem to remember some objections to using it several pages back in this thread.

Installed it, disabled its auto-start features, and it works just like the Twitch Mod Tab did. Bonus, I no longer need the Twitch App on my PC so I've uninstalled that, and the new tool completely unloads on closing. The Ad box in the bottom right corner reminds me of the old Curse Addon App from years ago, and is completely unobtrusive.

You don't need to create an account, or log in, or provide any personal details to use it. Not seeing a problem.